British Wrestlers to watch that are not in the UKFF50

SamoaTrump

To be fair most of the stand out guys have been included in the top 50, most of the other guys I can think of who might be worth a shout are guys that don't get around as much and have no chance of getting in there as most of the people voting either wont have seen them enough or at all to make them think they are better than the estabished regulars. But I think there is some good talent left off the list;

One really obvious one for me is Ego Dragon, but I can understand why people didn't vote for him. ;)

I really liked Ryan Smile on the rare occasion I have seen him, really like Second City Collective but they hardly seem to get booked outside of the midlands which is a big shame. I think Smile would definately be in there if more people had gotten the chance to see him.

The Hooligans are fantastic but I've only seen them on that last 2 IPW / Rev Pro shows, like Smile if they took more bookings further afield I'd be certain they'd be listed next year.

One a bit out of left field is Clint Magera from FCP, he is going further and further towards death matches which I know isn't to everyones taste, but if you like that stuff he is pretty good at them. Also I think when he actually wants to wrestle I think he is quite decent. Clint doesn't get the props that MK, Trent and the Hunters get as the FCP mainstays but I think over the last year he has stepped up his game, added variety to the shows and become a more integral part of the company.

Jimmy Havoc and Jon Ryan (before he retired) are both good to watch, but since a lot of their stuff is death matches (or in Germany), like Clint they don't get thought of in the same way as more straight up wrestlers. But for me they go above and beoynd to entertain the fans and if you aren't put off by the odd crazy death match antics they would be worth a shout.

Chris Brookes and Beham Ali both have potentail too and could very well be in there in the future. I've only seen Shaun South, Aaron Frost, Danny Chase, Marshall X and the London Riots once each but I liked what I saw from them and wouldn't rule out seeing them in the UKFF 50 one day if they perform at the level I saw them at every week.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the way its gone people here have only said people who work for them or with them. Thats all these kind of things ever really come down to if i'm honest. It's like in the top 50 i was never going to vote for RJ Singh myself as i rarely see him, i've seen him in the past and this sunday gone at progress and he is good but because i don't see him much/ever i'm not just going to vote for him. However if i saw him more i would, same goes much for the 4FW guys, i know they are talented but becaus i don't see much of them i don't vote.

He didn't "silence" me though? I replied with what I felt was a fair point. No need to start calling me a prick etc for merely voicing an opinion on what is after all, a discussion forum.

So you don't think it's possible that people weren't included on this list because they haven't been seen by the vast majority of the voters (companies like LDN, All Star, WAW, Welsh Wrestling et al)? Naturally some will be missing due to lack of time in the business, or indeed just because they really aren't that good, but there are plenty of good wrestlers who work for companies with a touring schedule (so less need for hardcore fans to travel to multiple shows) or a more exclusive roster than others.

It's not a coinsidence that most of the guys in the top 50 were guys who get on a lot of the bigger shows / promotions on a frequent basis, but the reason why they are on those shows is because they are generally really good.

You could argue that if the guys currently not being booked were as good (or better) than the regular wrestlers being used they would be getting matches in those places too, as promoters would want them on their shows. But there are exceptions, such as the FCP boys, who are really good but generally have often only worked once a month for their home promotion, that just goes to show that if you are that good people will notice you.

• Paid Members
We've agreed on something? there's a first :)

I don't think we've disagreed as often as you appear to believe. I remember having one sort of confrontation with you, but other than that I don't think our paths have crossed all that much.

Interesting that some of these overlooked guys have quite brilliant names. Flex Buffington should be huge on name alone! And if Jergen's finish is 'The Heimlich Manueveur', I demand he replaces everyone on 'Wrestletalk TV' immediately!

Was gonna say - someone please tell me that this guy's finish is a reverse bear-hug, called "The Heimlich Manoeuvre".

I think Davey Blaze from up here is gonna be one to watch, along with his usual tag team partner Chris Rampage.

Davey Blaze has impressed me more though. I remember the very first time I watched him, his intensity stood out, and it's always fun to watch him as a result of that intensity. Usually found in tag team action, but the singles stuff I've seen him in has been very good.

If we are talking about Scots then surly Scott Maverick is one of those that could become a name in the UK scene next year. Behind the scenes a great guy and a good wrestler either as a face or a heel. Certainly deserves more exposure to be honest.

'Mean' Tommy Dean

I know it's not cool to pick someone who works for you, but I challenge anybody to attend a show Tommy Dean is on and not leave thinking he's one of the top villains in the country.

saw him last night for all star. terrific heel. Had the crowd in the palm of his hands. good wrestler too, not a technical genius, but a very competent wrestler

Finally, a big shout out for James Danmar. Great heel and really looks the part. He's always terrific in the ring.

This. He's improved greatly over the last couple of years and his tag team with Rob Lynch, The London Riots, is great.

If theyre not in the UK50 theyre probably not held in high enough regard...either because they are crap, they are a strawb, or they are too new to the scene.

One guy i wuld deffo put in this category is GRADO from Scotland. Just burst onto the scene in the last few months.

What so People like Mark Haskins are good are they? That plum couldn't lace Aron Frost's boots, he'd probably fall on his face trying though!

What an idiotic comment! Firstly I have seen Frost and the UK Hooligans work this year and haven't been anywhere near Norwich for an event as yet unfortunately. Frost, I was lucky enough to catch at the RDW Event in Long Eaton that Corino was on, Frost had a fantastic match with Stixx in the first round of the tournament and I think he is one that should definitely be getting out there on the scene a lot more. To say though that 'Haskins couldn't lace his boots' is a really moronic thing to say....Mark Haskins is consistantly one of the UK's top performers and I personally think that Frost has the potential to get to that stage aswell. I personally would love to see Frost and Haskins in the same ring!

Flex Buffington

Flex is awesome.

I'm going to add a further endorsement to that.

I could add more depth, but I won't.

Good shout this - here is a guy who has completely re-invented himself and his gimmick, he is entertaining and very very capable inside the ring, one to watch over the next 12 months for sure, I just hope one of the big promotions has a spot open up and chooses to bring him in!

Archived