British Wrestlers to watch that are not in the UKFF50

SamoaTrump

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If theyre not in the UK50 theyre probably not held in high enough regard...either because they are crap, they are a strawb, or they are too new to the scene.

One guy i wuld deffo put in this category is GRADO from Scotland. Just burst onto the scene in the last few months.

What a f'n prick you must be to put that. So, becuase 64 people (the number who voted in round 1 to put the wrestlers in the top 50 in the first place), out of a forum with over 6000 members, i.e 1% of the forum, never mind the whole of the UK wrestling fanbase, didnt pick them then they must be crap or a strawb?

Get over yourself you pious fool, its idiots like you that put people off posting on this site in the first place with the "we knew best because we're in the UKFF clique" style attitude of running people down who are trying to promote guys (which strangely enough is what you are trying to do with GRADO).

There is no "UK50", the UKFF50 is a poll on a forum which matters not one jot outside of this website or to probably some of the 99% of members that didnt bother voting in the first place. Like the thread title says the OP was trying to do something to get some attention brought to people that others may not have heard about.

Hear, hear.

• Paid Members
64 people (the number who voted in round 1 to put the wrestlers in the top 50 in the first place), out of a forum with over 6000 members, i.e 1% of the forum, never mind the whole of the UK wrestling fanbase

There's one of the best arguments I've seen for anyone booking guys exclusively off a UKFF 50 placing being a moron.

People frequently over estimate the importance of the UKFF 50, sadly some of those people are the workers. Don't get me wrong, being in it is by no means a bad thing, but being left off means absolutely sod all other than you haven't been seen by enough voters, but since you've likely been seen and enjoyed by a lot more people than that it's no big deal.

I think the UKFF 50 is a light hearted vote by people who use this forum not meant to be taken so seriously by everyone, i certainly dont feel pissed because i dont get a mention i realise my company is more family orientated and may not appeal to some guys on here even though i do advertise on here in hope of appealing to people to come see a WAW Show.

I think this thread is a good idea if done right lets push guys we may not of heard of put their names here for people to take interest if on a show they may go to, We have some great talent in WAW Who could do great things on other shows and i am sure other companies do too. I agree with the names put forward For WAW guys, there are many guys out there who should be seen more as well.

This probably wasn't the best way to go about it, in my opinion, but as a wrestling fan that has seen WAW shows I can say that there is some good wrestlers coming up at WAW but they don't work anywhere else really which is why they won't be known by others.

Chuck Cyrus was a name mentioned in the first post. He is probably the best thing at WAW right now. I haven't seen him in a match that I haven't enjoyed if I am honest. Him vs Jonny Storm at Cambridge earlier in the year was a very good match. Also if you go on YouTube, you can see him v Marty Scurll which is a very good match.

In my opinion tag team wrestling in the UK is very good at the moment and Special Edition from WAW are a team who need to work elsewhere. Brad Slayer and Kip Sabin are a perfect face team. The women and girls love them and they are a decent team.

I have only mentioned WAW guys cos that was how the thread started. There are so many good guys that aren't getting the recognition they deserve. Try Ollie Burns who I saw wrestle Kris Travis the other day. Fantastic match and really nice to see that Ollie Burns is still wrestling, but he needs to be seen by the right people.

If theyre not in the UK50 theyre probably not held in high enough regard...either because they are crap, they are a strawb, or they are too new to the scene.

One guy i wuld deffo put in this category is GRADO from Scotland. Just burst onto the scene in the last few months.

What a f'n prick you must be to put that. So, becuase 64 people (the number who voted in round 1 to put the wrestlers in the top 50 in the first place), out of a forum with over 6000 members, i.e 1% of the forum, never mind the whole of the UK wrestling fanbase, didnt pick them then they must be crap or a strawb?

Get over yourself you pious fool, its idiots like you that put people off posting on this site in the first place with the "we knew best because we're in the UKFF clique" style attitude of running people down who are trying to promote guys (which strangely enough is what you are trying to do with GRADO).

There is no "UK50", the UKFF50 is a poll on a forum which matters not one jot outside of this website or to probably some of the 99% of members that didnt bother voting in the first place. Like the thread title says the OP was trying to do something to get some attention brought to people that others may not have heard about.

My reason for GRADO not being in the UK50 was because he isnt held in high enuogh regard because he came onto the scene pretty much after the voting for this year ended. I think he is great, so didn't say anything at all negative towards him or even insinuate it.

I stand by my opinion though. I don't take the poll seriously, as previously said it is just a bit of fun, but you would probably find that the reason for someone not being voted within the 50 would be for one of those 3 reasons. Two of the reasons are sadly negative, but one is positive.

I was going to mention Special Edition next, so I'm glad someone beat me to it, and I love Ollie Burn's Pricilla gimmick.

But my intentions for this thread was to promote under exposed talented wrestlers, it's just I'am only up to date with the talented WAW guys ATM. Not been to other shows much lately due to lack of time. So feel free to promote under exposed talented wrestlers from around the UK. I'd love this conversation grow.

can i dispel the myth that WAW Guys dont work for other feds, many of my guys have or do work for allstar, premier, HEW, RQW When running and work in Europe and Africa on a regular basis, As a family there is not many companies we have not worked for all over europe made many contacts and help our guys to get work with them, i think our problem is we dont shout it from the roof tops but just get on with it, its what we do and to us its no big deal. It would be nice to be appreciated more by the internet but as has been said its not the end of the world.

Hear, hear.

We've agreed on something? there's a first :)

You should be happy people think that Ricky. If the general thought is that they only work for WAW, it means you've established your roster as guys people recognise from WAW.

I know what you are saying bud, the myth is i dont let my guys get out there but thats far from truth we do upwards of 90 shows a year ourselves so we are busy but i do push them all over the place they do actually work all over but i am quite happy for them to be labelled WAW guys as i am proud of them all. I go round the country quite alot and there is so much untapped talent out there all they need is a chance to shine, i know alot of guys on here travel to lots of shows annually so putting some up and coming lads or ladies names on here will do no harm, just a people to watch thing really.

I also noticed there was a group recently on facebook that was for promoters to try and get talent noticed and booked elsewhere (of which there were quite a few WAW guys but also a mix) so yeah i notice that they don't just work for you guys. I would have involved The Hunter Brothers in this list however they are in the UKFF Top 50 this year but still under rated and if anything just starting to get out there more as a team.

The Hunter Brothers are very good. Glad they are going to get their chance on the Rev Pro show soon.

Another guy I like but doesn't get as much coverage as I think he should is Owen Phoenix from 4FW. Seen a great match online of his against Fergal Devitt

Archived