Who needs to turn?

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members
Carbomb, he was a heel in TNA for months, man. Why are you battering this horse to death. You thought Sting played a heel his whole career until a few minutes ago. If you go back and watch the TVs at the time, Sting was positioned as a clear low blow giving, baseball bat using bitter heel. Coming out and crying about young wrestlers not giving him respect, all the while telling AJ Styles his Dad was right to beat him as a child and then hammering the fuck out of them with wooden objects is obviously the work of a bad guy. The fact the babyfaces couldn't get over as faces doesn't change that fact.

Battering no horse, dude. I've already conceded I was wrong about him from the Luger thing in '99. He just didn't strike me as a heel during the MEM thing - mind you, it's been a long time since I watched that programming, and my short-term memory has never been brilliant at the best of times, so I'll just have to take your point.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Del Rio would work as a face for me. I'd have a slow build with him falling for and getting fleeced by one of the divas or something. Have Rey tell him he's lost his identity as a latino then when he's poor and humble he can do a run down when the midgets in masks are getting a beat down from the New Natural Disasters or whoever and make the save. He can even do the sneaky face bit that Eddie used to do. All that's bull shit anyway as I just wanna see the skits where he's living in squalor and Ricardo Rodriguez is still doing his butler/ring announcer bit, its PG comedy gold.

He was definitely a heel in the MEM, but it didn't last long. Nobody really wanted to boo him, and his heart wasn't in it. I'm surprised he agreed to it to be honest.

Del Rio would work as a face for me. I'd have a slow build with him falling for and getting fleeced by one of the divas or something. Have Rey tell him he's lost his identity as a latino then when he's poor and humble he can do a run down when the midgets in masks are getting a beat down from the New Natural Disasters or whoever and make the save. He can even do the sneaky face bit that Eddie used to do. All that's bull shit anyway as I just wanna see the skits where he's living in squalor and Ricardo Rodriguez is still doing his butler/ring announcer bit, its PG comedy gold.

I'd film some skits of him sleeping on Ricardo's sofa in some crummy flat.

Not sure about turning Cena heel. I do remember his heel run way back and that was awesome, but his bizarre half-and-half reactions are always funny. He has done pretty much everything but that's more because there's nobody coming up than because he needs to switch up his act.

I think it's more that Cena needs some time away from the main event for other acts to get hot than his character needs changing. So long as everyone perceives him and a handful of others as being stars and nobody else, he's going to seem stale.

I'm not sure if it counts as a 'turn' but Daniel Bryan seems to be in a position to get a lot of momentum after this stuff with Kane. He seems a bit tweeny to me at the minute, in that the fans would probably buy him going face or heel.

Archived