"Paul Heyman Guys"

Cobra1000

Public Enemy are a perfect pick for the list. Paul and ECW have long been lauded for their ability to highlight the positives of talent and conceal the weaknesses to turn them into an over act (he himself has spoken about it at length) and I can't think of a better example than TPE. There is a reason they were over like Rover in ECW and dogshit in both "the big two."

Would you throw Sandman into that, still managed to get over despite massive deteriation in "skills"

A tad off topic, but am I right in saying that when Sandman was in WCW he was in outstanding physical shape? The reason I doubt myself is the conditions he was in before and after the WCW run!

Public Enemy are a perfect pick for the list. Paul and ECW have long been lauded for their ability to highlight the positives of talent and conceal the weaknesses to turn them into an over act (he himself has spoken about it at length) and I can't think of a better example than TPE. There is a reason they were over like Rover in ECW and dogshit in both "the big two."

Would you throw Sandman into that, still managed to get over despite massive deteriation in "skills"

A tad off topic, but am I right in saying that when Sandman was in WCW he was in outstanding physical shape? The reason I doubt myself is the conditions he was in before and after the WCW run!

Sandman did look great in his WCW run and it briefly spilled over into his ECW return. On the show where he returns to ECW he's in tremendous shape (by his standards). Gassed to the gills by the looks of things.

I wouldn't put him in the exact same spot as Public Enemy, simply due to the fact that he did pretty well outside of ECW. He was a solid midcard Hardcore wrestler in WCW who was pretty over, and his late WWE run had to have gone way better than anyone expected. Sure, it was really short-lived, but that was always going to be the way with him. In the short time he was there he got pretty over on RAW. Hell, I still think he should have either won the GM Battle Royal or been Vince's "Son". Would have been far more fun than fucking Hornswoggle. They managed to get away with dropping Metallica, beer and fags from his act and he was still getting a good pop.

Archived