UFC on FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot * Discussion *

Egg Shen

Who wins muthafucker's??  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

few quick thoughts, im a bit late seeing it...

* Two epic comebacks on the prelims in the Pierce/Simpon & Johnson/Castillo fights. I actually would have given Pierce KO of the fight, that short right hand was f'n devastating, that would have knocked out any 170lber on the planet.

* Great to see Jacob Volkmann get a finish! I got a soft spot for the weird fucker and i genuinely think he'd have been cut if he'd lost Saturday. He won in style, fair play to him!

* Dodson/Formiga was a stinker for 7-8 minutes, it kind of had the same feeling as the title fight (but worse), there just seems to be a lot of quick movement with no real damaging strikes landing. I don't think it translates well live cause it just looks like they are bouncing around (in this case they were for most of it). I wanna see a 125 fight hit the ground and go into some mad scrambling routine, that's gonna be the fun shit. Good job Dodson got the KO thought because i think they wern't doing much to push for a title shot, either of em.

* Jay Hieron needs to get active during fights, it's frustrating to watch! I've followed Jay for years and he's frustratingly inactive in fights, he's a quality counter fighter but he leaves things razor close all the time.

* I loved seeing Antonio Silva get the win, i don't know why but i had a big shit eating grin on my face when he climbed the cage at the end. The final KO punch would have brought down a building, that was a devastating punch but it looked like it was a matter of time as soon as Travis hurt his knee...

now on the subject of the knee, it's Travis' fault he hurt it. He was bouncing around trying to do all that funky shit and when you a 240lb man and you have a 265lb trying to attack you, trying to post on one leg and throw odd shots is just asking for trouble. It's a incredibly risky way to fight, i think we'll see a more reserved Travis Browne next time around, he needs to refine that shit.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived