UFC on FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot * Discussion *

Egg Shen

Who wins muthafucker's??  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

we're back into fights every week territory and this one is sneaking up behind the UFC in Nottingham show, it's this Friday!

299401_497029903642144_894968583_n.jpg

MAIN CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

Travis Browne vs. Antonio Silva

Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Hieron

John Dodson vs. Jussier Formiga

Josh Neer vs. Justin Edwards

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV, 5 p.m. ET)

Yves Edwards vs. Jeremy Stephens

Danny Castillo vs. Michael Johnson

Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares

Shane Roller vs. Jacob Volkmann

Diego Nunes vs. Bart Palaszewski

Phil Harris vs. Darren Uyenoyama

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV, 4 p.m. ET)

Marcus LeVesseur vs. Carlo Prater

Mike Pierce vs. Aaron Simpson

Let's talk about it...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Browne vs. Bigfoot will be a more aggressive fight than Struve vs. Miocic, Browne was crazy wild in his last fight, throwing flying knees, big slams and the kitchen sink. Bigfoot is in a must win situation, despite having the main event spot he's lost his last 2 by KO/TKO, can't see him being kept around if he loses, he'll want to make a statement.

Ellenberger vs. Hieron could be really good, but we've seen recently when two guys know each other well the fight turns out rather dull. Hopefully both guys have improved a lot so that they're virtually unrecognisable to each other from their first fight.

Dodson vs. Formiga is a no. 1 contenders bout apparently, I've heard some whinging about that on MMA forums, but if either win in impressive fashion it'll be easy to sell, after Mighty Mouse's lackluster win the flyweights need to bring back the excitement that has otherwise defined the division so far.

The rest of the card looks potentially explosive, with some good names in there. I expect nothing less than FOTN efforts from both Yves/Stephens and Nunes/Palaszewski.

• Paid Members

Looks a really nice card.

It is must win territory for Bigfoot. Tough fight to call because we don't know how good Travis Browne really is yet. He's a bit of a dark horse in the division. Bigfoot is a handful though, a huge fucker with a bear's head which you will probably break your hand on if you punch it (ask Cain and Cormier), heavy hands and good BJJ. It's a real test for Browne.

Dodson/Da Silva should be a hell of a fight. The Flyweight division is shallow at the moment so the winner getting a title shot makes sense.

Ellenberger vs Hieron is an interesting rematch and Josh Neer delivers better than Royal Mail.

Agree with Shane O that Bartimus/Nunes and Edwards/Stephens are the ones to keep an eye on on the prelims. The whole card looks good to be honest.

• Paid Members

I would like to think that the winner of the main event gets Struve next and the loser Miocic, both of those fights whichever way round they end up would be excellent.

• Paid Members

Mark Hunt has to fit in somewhere as well. Hunt vs Struve would be my pick but Hunt vs Browne or Bigfoot would also be good.

I'd do

Struve vs Hunt

Browne/Bigfoot winner vs Carwin/Nelson winner

Cormier vs Werdum (Strikeforce)

Mir vs Del Rosario

Miocic vs Pat Barry

Big Nog/Peewee winner vs Kongo

Lavar/Schaub winner vs Meathead/De Fries winner

Something like that. Although I think I've missed someone out.

And of course you have JDS vs Cain on top of the pile. Overeem is the odd man out due to his suspension but he'll probably fight the winner for the title.

• Paid Members

yeh, the 125lb fight might as well be a no.1 contender fight, there is nobody in the division on a win streak other than the champion :laugh: and i might be missing one or two people but am i right in thinking the division is only 6 fighters deep at the moment? bearing a disaster of a fight the winner has to get a shot...the UFC probably hoping it's Dodson.

Da Silva by all accounts is the no.1 125lb guy in the world...and has been for some time (outside of the UFC 135lb'ers that dropped).

yeh, the 125lb fight might as well be a no.1 contender fight, there is nobody in the division on a win streak other than the champion :laugh: and i might be missing one or two people but am i right in thinking the division is only 6 fighters deep at the moment? bearing a disaster of a fight the winner has to get a shot...the UFC probably hoping it's Dodson.

Da Silva by all accounts is the no.1 125lb guy in the world...and has been for some time (outside of the UFC 135lb'ers that dropped).

It's why I wish they stopped at seven weight classes. Bantamweight is weaker for it with fighters dropping down to Flyweight, a newly established UFC weight class which is the weakest in the UFC. Lightweight can afford for fighters dropping down to Featherweight because Lightweight is the deepest division in the UFC and it helps strengthen the Featherweight division, so it's a win win.

• Paid Members
Mark Hunt has to fit in somewhere as well. Hunt vs Struve would be my pick but Hunt vs Browne or Bigfoot would also be good.

I'd do

Struve vs Hunt

Mir vs Del Rosario

Miocic vs Pat Barry

And of course you have JDS vs Cain on top of the pile. Overeem is the odd man out due to his suspension but he'll probably fight the winner for the title.

Sorry to quote meself but I know who I forgot after Jim mentioned him in another thread, Ben Rothwell. I'd do the fights above but have Mir vs Rothwell and Del Rosario vs Shawn Jordan.

That's my stab at Heavyweight matchmaking. Be interesting to see how many, if any, of these happen.

I'd do

Struve vs Hunt

Mir vs Del Rosario

Miocic vs Pat Barry

Sorry to quote meself but I know who I forgot after Jim mentioned him in another thread, Ben Rothwell. I'd do the fights above but have Mir vs Rothwell and Del Rosario vs Shawn Jordan.

That's my stab at Heavyweight matchmaking. Be interesting to see how many, if any, of these happen.

I like the sound of those fights and it's a reminder how the UFC Heavyweight division has progressed. I do want Roy Nelson vs. Mark Hunt ASAP.

That'd be a huge step down for Cormier, but anyone will do to fill that spot and get DC in the UFC ASAP. Meathead was offered Cormier as well, they're really scraping the barrel. I'm really surprised to see these names come up before Werdum, who makes sense from a rankings standpoint and is Strikeforce alumni anyway.

Out of the heavyweight fights Wand proposes, I love Struve vs. Hunt, that's 110% the best next fight to make, failing that I'd go with Big Nog provided he gets past Herman. I'd put Del Rosario against Kongo next personally and Mir vs Miocic. I don't think SDR is ready for Mir.

• Paid Members

Yeah I only went with Mir vs Del Rosario because I thought I'd matched everyone up already. But yeah, too soon for Del Rosario. My amended suggestion of Mir vs Rothwell and Del Rosario vs Jordan I think would work though.

As for Cormier vs Barry, on paper that's about the easiest match up they could give DC off the UFC roster. And I love Pat Barry,. He's got nothing for Cormier's wrestling though. Cormier by ground and pound in the 1st for me if it happens.

I'm also baffled why names like Mitrione and Barry, are coming up for this. Werdum makes perfect sense and in fact if Cormier was available to move to the UFC right now I'd still pick Werdum as his opponent. It's logical for where they both are in the title picture.

All I can think is that Werdum is injured or they already have him a fight booked but haven't announced it yet.

Archived