Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I can see why someone would dislike the post but when I read Mr Jones' account it did not seem particularly credible. I don't mean to dismiss the idea that woman can be sex offenders out of hand.

That's how it sounded, though.

I hope Jones' story is true and that he really was the victim of these assaults. I know in some ways that sounds like a strange thing to say, but if it does transpire that he wasn't telling the truth then attitudes like yours are not only fortified but are only likely to become more prevalent. It would set attitudes towards sexual assault and rape on men back so much. Your posts really already show how difficult it is for men to be taken seriously in the first place - it's hard enough as it is for women as they suffer this same problem of having their stories picked holes through but because attacks against men are, I believe, less frequent, it's even harder for their accounts to be treated credibly.

I can almost guarantee that you wouldn't have made these posts or certain elements of your posts if this was a story about a woman going to the media about such an alleged ordeal. I'm not singling you out for criticism but your posts are a microcosm of the horseshit that is peddled about sexual assault and rape against men.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
What's the full tally of celebs from the 70s now charged with/convicted of sex offences? It feels like half my childhood has been erased now.

Glitter

Savile

Rolf

Freddie Starr

DLT

Stuart Hall

Gambaccini

That's it I think....

• Paid Members

Has everyone that's been investigated been named? There was a couple of "65 year old male" types that were speculated to be the likes of Cliff and whatnot, but I don't think it was ever confirmed who they were.

Add Max Clifford to that list as well. God I fucking hate Max Clifford.

Agreed. If anyone wants to see the measure of this guy - pre charidee work - check out the Louis Theroux episode with him.

God will need to check out the full list of people that participated in Louis and . . . .

Savile was probably one of the most famous episodes (even before his death and thereon the public outing of his sick ways). As above there was Clifford, and Paul Daniels - who I don't think was ever charged with anything - went public with a tale of kissing some school girl in his car when he was far from school age, or something along those lines.

Archived