Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I didn't think of that angle but it makes alot of sense. It was pre yewtree they decided not to pursue and with the added media furor and revelations they perhaps didn't want to be seen as being lax on anyone because of their status etc. I found this case quite interesting tbh much like the original Saville situation, if he really was innocent what would a girl in her position have to gain from making such claims, is there a financial incentive etc? It seems a horrible thing to put yourself through never mind someone else if you're making it all up.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was quite a strange case, there really wasn't much evidence and it just descended into his word against hers.

As are the majority of rape cases, and why so many don't pursue it.

I did find the character assassination of the bloke by the media pretty repugnant. As I did the card his barrister played, the whole "She didn't scream" bollocks.

• Paid Members
That was quite a strange case, there really wasn't much evidence and it just descended into his word against hers.

As are the majority of rape cases, and why so many don't pursue it.

I did find the character assassination of the bloke by the media pretty repugnant. As I did the card his barrister played, the whole "She didn't scream" bollocks.

There were certainly some unpleasantness on both sides, but I guess that's par for the course.

Even if the evidence was flimsy, I don't think the prosecutor exactly covered herself in glory. Her cross-examination of Le Vell seems piss-poor - why on earth did she say "You're nothing like your character, are you?" when the judge had already instructed the jury to completely forget about his on-screen persona?

Then again, maybe I've just watched too much Murder One.

• 1 month later...

The new one is...

Paul Gambaccini has been arrested on suspicion of historical sexual offences as part of Scotland Yard's Operation Yewtree.

He was held at his home in south London on Tuesday morning and questioned in police custody before being released on bail.

Yewtree has been investigating claims of historical sexual abuse since the Jimmy Savile scandal broke in 2012.

There has been no response from the BBC but a statement is expected later.

Mr Gambaccini was arrested under the strand of Operation Yewtree known as "others", meaning the arrest is not connected to the Jimmy Savile investigation.

The other two strands of Yewtree concern the actions of Savile, and allegations against Savile and others.

• Paid Members
The new one is...

Paul Gambaccini....

Just seen that and from yesterday, the first actress has been implicated/arrested

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/opera...actress-2474492

Many years ago (round about 1986) my friend who was doing a YTS scheme at Granada told me of a certain soap actress who when he was walking past her dressing room, grabbed him in he crotch area and tried to drag him in. Terrified the poor bastard. He went to the liaison only to be told that it was a regular occurrence and not to make a fuss of he wanted to finish his placement. The other lads, and a couple of girls weren't lucky enough to get away. The stories they came out with we're quite horrific.

• Paid Members
I don't want to denigrate Mr Jones but I read his story and, well, I am a bit skeptical about the fact that he suffered "decades of torment". According to his account he was raped by this woman (and while the story uses the phrase "sexually assaulted" I take that within the context of his account to mean raped) when he was sixteen and then was raped again by the same woman three years later when he was nineteen. She used no violence, and there is no suggestion in the story that he suffers from any kind of cognitive impairment.

I find myself wondering if, perhaps, Mr Jones was paid a fee by the the Daily Mirror for his story. I see his sad face photos on their website and, honest to God, my first inclination is to laugh. That might say something about societal attitudes towards this sort of thing, and it probably does because if he were a woman even if I had doubts about the account I wouldn't find humour in the story, but I can't take him seriously. He goes and gives a statement to the police and then before they have conducted a follow up interview he goes to the press and waives his right to anonymity.

I know it's not good to judge things without having all the facts but this is one of the few instance where i find myself thinking, "Come on, homie..."

I hate this post on so many levels that I couldn't even count them. There are so many things wrong with it but at the same time so reflective of the society that we live in. Fuck's sake.

Archived