Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

On ITV news they had one of Jimmy's mates saying the allegations were false and while Jimmy loved the ladies he was never involved in anything like this. The only concern I had was that this guy looked and acted like the sleaziest old child molester I've ever seen.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had this discussion about 10 years ago in the pub with some friends over at West Ham. One of them said it was always rumoured he was a paedophile and one of the guys piped up that he was but it wasn't boys as everybody thought but 14-15 year old girls. At the time, he worked for the News of the World and told us they had four stories from different girls but the paper's hands were tied, as Jimmy had it buried due to his contacts.

Very different generation and society these days.

Yep, and I think that certainly applies to the celebrity set. As others have suggested, if Saville really was at it, I'd bet there were a ton of others involved in that 60s/70s pop music scene who were getting away with murder as well. I always wonder why people and the media don't seem to view Bill Wyman or any of the major rock stars of that era who were heavily suspected to be shagging underage groupies all over the place (not naming any names or getting anyone into libel bother) with the same contempt reserved for Glitter et al. Is it because it's 'rock n roll, innit?', and somehow not proper noncing?

• Paid Members

I have heard the excuse that Wyman shagging a 12 year old doesn't count because her Mum was okay with it.

It is an interesting comparison though. Savile shagging 14 and 15 years olds = dirty peado. Wyman shagging a 12 year old = Eeh, that Bill, he's a character.

• Paid Members
He jumps off the bed and says he doesn't feel his age, never has done. "I once said to a girl, 'I'm older than your grandfather.' And she says, 'Well I love him as well.' I say, 'Good-oh, but I'm still too old for you', and she says, 'No, you're not because you're ageless, you're you.' Now that didn't come from me, it comes from someone else. So when people say to me, 'Don't you think you're too old to do this?', I say I'm doing what I'm doing cos I'm having a good time and why don't you p*** off to leave me to do it."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,178381,00.html

He jumps off the bed and says he doesn't feel his age, never has done. "I once said to a girl, 'I'm older than your grandfather.' And she says, 'Well I love him as well.' I say, 'Good-oh, but I'm still too old for you', and she says, 'No, you're not because you're ageless, you're you.' Now that didn't come from me, it comes from someone else. So when people say to me, 'Don't you think you're too old to do this?', I say I'm doing what I'm doing cos I'm having a good time and why don't you p*** off to leave me to do it."

That could easily have come from an article about Ric Flair.

• Paid Members

That could easily have come from an article about Ric Flair.

Especially if there was a really blurry, corrupted-sound video of him saying it.

I have heard the excuse that Wyman shagging a 12 year old doesn't count because her Mum was okay with it.

It is an interesting comparison though. Savile shagging 14 and 15 years olds = dirty peado. Wyman shagging a 12 year old = Eeh, that Bill, he's a character.

The difference being one is allegations of rape/molestation and one was a 14 year old Mandy Smith consenting. It's still a "fucking hell that's a bit wrong Bill" but the cases are different.

And spell Paedo right

The Saville allegations (and other such odd rumours about him with some substance) have been around a while. Indeed Paul Merton confronted him about it I think on a HIGNY which they cut (transcript is up online) Wasn't he also questioned around the time of the Yorkshire Ripper?

The Wyman one is odd, if you read up on it its mad. Then again Elvis was noncing about with Priscilla when she was 14.

• Paid Members
The Saville allegations (and other such odd rumours about him with some substance) have been around a while. Indeed Paul Merton confronted him about it I think on a HIGNY which they cut (transcript is up online) Wasn't he also questioned around the time of the Yorkshire Ripper?

That was a joke/hoax written by some guys from comedy enthusiasts/bores SOTCAA.

Archived