Fight Club: Pro - Project Mayhem 2! 26/27 October

UberTekkers

I expect they'd be back... about the promotion of it, i think one thing that might get a few people thinking is it worth it is the whole 4/5 matches thing, even though everyone says how great shows they are some people probably question travel, etc

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect they'd be back... about the promotion of it, i think one thing that might get a few people thinking is it worth it is the whole 4/5 matches thing, even though everyone says how great shows they are some people probably question travel, etc

Also starting and finishing on time could be a factor, as some people wont want to get hotels and since the shows always finish way past the last public transport of the night i know it puts some people off going. I go anyway and get a hotel but I know others who are put off by the additional expense.

Freebird dissapeared half way through.

Yeah, apparently things went a bit Pete Tong for me on Friday, though I have no real recollection of such. I remember being in there, feeling okay for the first two bouts, but apparently I was kicked out after that. I only found out about it when I got there for night 2, as I assumed I had just lost my memory of the later bouts due to alcohol. Fortunately, I stayed somewhat sober by my own standards on night 2 and can remember the whole lot of it.The Masada / Margera bout on the second night was right up my street. Carpet strip boards, tables, light tube crucifixes and whatever else they had. I was loving it. That finish onto the barbed wire coil nearly gave me a heart attack! It was amazing.I spoke to loads of people over the weekend, but I realised: I don

i think one thing that might get a few people thinking is it worth it is the whole 4/5 matches thing, even though everyone says how great shows they are some people probably question travel, etc

This is definitely true for me. It's abit of a mission on a Friday night to get to Wolves, especially when theres only 4 matches. But I feel abit of a dick saying that because I know they'll be awesome. I guess they just dont have the roster for bigger shows at the moment. This could well change once they get more trainees on board. It's the same problem with the DVDs.

Hopefully CZW will be back next year, though DJ didn't do his 'we'll be back' promo

Spoke to DJ at Southside, he said he loved coming over and he definitely wants to come back again next year and bring more guys with him, but he said they were supposed to talk about coming back next year with Fight Club but it didn't happen. So not sure what DJ and FCP's status is, if they will just talk another time or if there is any issue on either side but DJ seems keen which is a good thing. He also said he would talk to Ben from Southside too, so even if FCP don't bring CZW back I think DJ definitely has plans to come back.

Also starting and finishing on time could be a factor, as some people wont want to get hotels and since the shows always finish way past the last public transport of the night i know it puts some people off going. I go anyway and get a hotel but I know others who are put off by the additional expense.
It would be really great if the advertised start time of 20:30 could be achieved then at least more fans would see the main event

Archived