Outfits worn while the real ones were being made

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess this kind of fits here, did it bug anybody else when Vader was finishing up in WCW/ starting his WWF run that he would wear his attire back to front, eventually he did wear it the correct way but it just looked awkward back to front, and from the stories of him not washing it i imagine it smelt worse than 'Quakes brown attire

Vader_display_image.jpg

Article2.jpg

IRS when he debuted in a lovely pair of brown tights but still with the shirt, tie and braces!

Not a million miles away from Mick Foley's glory days outfit. On the subject of which, was there ever an onscreen discussion when Mankind switched from the brown tights to the tracksuit bottoms? I think the last appearance of the tights was at St Valentine's Day Massacre, then when they had the ladder match the next night or next week, Mick was in his sweatpants.

That would make sense, seeing as I recall Foley tore his knee up at SVDM and probably had to wear trousers afterwards to hide kneepads...

Wasn't the original Tiger Mask's first mask pretty bad? It was replaced with a better mask quickly.

Probably not on-topic: Jushin Liger's first costume was very different from the one the character is now being associated with. The original costume was probably the "real" costume, but they decided to change the design after a while.

• Paid Members

Goldusts first outfit he wore for a couple of months after debut was a bit crap. It's like they hadn't had time to find material that was shiny enough, for want of a better word. It was a bit naff compared to what he'd become.

Goldust :

goldust4.jpg0.jpg

Primark Dust :

052goldust.jpgSurvivor_Series_1995_-_Bam_Bam_Bigelow_Vs_Goldust_01.jpg

Of course that paled in comparison to his fetching 1997 babyface attire with lots of black. Actually, I bet there are plenty of you that preferred this one :

2potytl.jpg

That would make sense, seeing as I recall Foley tore his knee up at SVDM and probably had to wear trousers afterwards to hide kneepads...

He used to wear kneepads over the top of his tights though.

9mankind_display_image.jpg

Did he actually stop wearing them before King of the Ring '98, or was he hiding them under the brown?

• Paid Members

At that point, he only wore knee pads on special occassions, so it's possible that as he got to the point of wearing them more and more, he went with the looser trousers to hide them.

Foely also wore some really scabby bright blue tracksuit bottoms in 1999 - can't find a picture here but think it was during the Rock tag team stuff during the end of the year - think he also showed up at No Mercy in Manchester as Mick Foley because he forgot/lost his gear as well...

Archived