Outfits worn while the real ones were being made

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Fantastic idea Ian, great thread.

Loki - i completely agree. For whatever reason, i can't stand that Angle print/logo. It looks like a child has been pissing about with Crayolas.

The attires that used to stand out in a negative way, were usually the when a wrestler would wear a generic 'company logo' t-shirt. The king of zero identity would have to be Tommy Dreamer.

ecw-champion-tommy-dreamer.jpg

It just screams shite to me and always has done. Fair play if you are going on a chat show, popping down the gym, getting off the tour bus, but surely, not when your on your way to the ring, especially with a title around your waist.

Then again

Dreamer%202.jpg

- Barry Whindam springs to mind too. When he was doing the short stint as the stalker. Combat trousers and a wwf logo shirt, no wonder it lasted 5 mins.

barry the wwf shirt man

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Once again I annoyingly can't post pics at the minute for comparison - initially when Doink started out he had typically colourful clown attire with oranges and blues and had thd fuzzy clown afro and it generally looked pretty garish. But then, he was an evil clown so that was kind of the point I guess, it still just didn't look or sit right until he adopted and stuck with his most common attire and face paint with with the blue pants and stars but most importantly of all switching the hair to the long stringy green look as though he'd had his previous clown 'fro dreadlocked. It looked a million times better and somehow added to the whole thing.

• Paid Members

Some good shouts in this thread, have to disagree on Dreamer though. He's the one guy who's gimmick was right for the look (in EWR I think it'd be "company man".) Makes no sense though when a guy like The Stalker is wandering around in a company tee..

• Paid Members
- Barry Whindam springs to mind too. When he was doing the short stint as the stalker. Combat trousers and a wwf logo shirt, no wonder it lasted 5 mins.

barry the wwf shirt man

He hated it by all accounts and put next to no effort into the look, slowly turning himself into the old Big Baz over time and no one noticed or cared until some one finally asked why he had cowboy boots on and no face paint.

He was also a bit of a chunky fucker around this time due to his prolonged absence If I remember right.

• Paid Members
WCW were selling them at the time. On the back it said "No Peace".

Yeah, I remember at the time it still making no sense though, there was no nWo to speak of anymore and it infringed on Hammer's tie-dye gimmick he was doing at the time too (obviously not that anyone would have cared)

• Paid Members
This is a bit off topic, but Angle's been wearing this new singlet recently that says "ANGLE" on the thigh, except each letter is in different colours and the N and L are practically invisible, meaning all you can read is "AGE".

He's had that a while. The letters are meant to be the Olympic rings - think he got it to coincide with his bid to rejoin the US Olympic wrestling team.

• Paid Members

Hitman in 1991 when he entered into his singles run very briefly had some tights which weren't quite right, before adopting in time for SummerSlam the look he'd have for most of the next 3 years until he started wearing the ones with flecks of the opposite colour on - you know what I mean, he wore them at Rumble 1994.

Anyhoo these particular 1991 tights, I remember some squash match where he had pink top and black bottoms, where in place of his classic "winged skull on heart background" logo there is a pointy heart on his chest, and the winged skull on his arse where his usual tights had "HITMAN" written across the white bit that also ran down the side of each leg. There is also a photo knocking around from the same period (can't post it as the file name is unsupported) where he has pink bottoms on and has "Hitman" in black letters written across the front of his crotch rather than the backside, although it must just be Bret put them on back to front by mistake. To top off the "not quite right" look, the pink in these outfits is notably darker than in tights he wore afterwards, and previously in his Hart Foundation days.

0.jpg

Archived