WWE Hell In A Cell 2012 PPV Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Judging from last night's Smackdown taping and previous tapings the card is looking something like this:

WWE Title Hell in a Cell Match

C.M Punk v John Cena

World Title Hell in a Cell Match

Sheamus v Big Show

WWE Tag Team Title Match

Hell No v Rhode Scholars

Diva's Title Match

Eve v Beth Phoenix

Randy Orton v Alberto Del Rio

Hell In A Cell frustrates me now, it's like an extra bit of garnish on a plate, really unnecessary. The HIAC at Mania was barely used, they could have delivered that match almost spot for spot without the Cell. Fair enough, we're not going to see bumps like Foley falling off the cage, but they could bring a hard-hitting match like Lesnar vs Taker (the best for my money).

Seeing as there really isn't much to discuss right now, name your top 3 Hell In A Cell matches..

Mine are;

Taker/Mankind

6 man HIAC

Taker/Brock.

1. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, In Your House 18: Badd Blood

2. The Undertaker vs. Triple H, WrestleMania XXVIII

3. Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker, No Mercy 2002

Undertaker vs HHH, HHH vs Batista, and Undertaker vs Michaels are the best.

I have a soft spot for the DX/Legacy one as well, just for being so different.

If the list was extended to five, Batista/Triple H at Vengeance 2005 would be fourth on my list and The Undertaker/Mankind at King of the Ring 1998 in fifth place. Batista vs. The Undertaker at Survivor Series 2007 would just miss out. The Undertaker/Batista feud produced great matches that year.

If I recall correctly, there was one with Mankind vs Kane from a "Raw is War" in 1998 that was really good and is very much forgotten about.

Yeah that was really good. There was another Hell in a Cell match on RAW in 1998 before that between Steve Austin/The Undertaker vs. Kane/Mankind but it wasn't as good.

I really wish the WWE kept the original Hell in a Cell, I much prefer it to the version since Unforgiven 2006.

• Paid Members
If I recall correctly, there was one with Mankind vs Kane from a "Raw is War" in 1998 that was really good and is very much forgotten about.

Yeah that was really good. There was another Hell in a Cell match on RAW in 1998 before that between Steve Austin/The Undertaker vs. Kane/Mankind but it wasn't as good.

The match didn't even happen. Austin spent the whole thing outside the Cell beating the shit out of Kane on the ramp. It was a great angle though.

Surely a Big Show vs Sheamus feud cant jump STRAIGHT into a Hell in the Cell match can it? Maybe it'll become another multiman match that can ONLY BE DECIDED IN THE CELL OF HELL. I reckon it'll end up Sheamus vs Show vs Del Rio vs Orton.

For a TV match, it was really good fun (and features a Cell bump!) but the fact it ended with a DQ just made me dislike it a lot. On a similar point, I enjoyed Undertaker vs. Big Bossman at Wrestlemania XV. Although I'm probably the only one who did.

Foleys retirement match must be the most underappreciated HITC ever for sure. It was fantastic, yet always seems to be overlooked somewhat, dunno why. Maybe because it's overshadowed by their amazing streetfight the month previous, or because it turned out to be not as historically important as it should have been?

Either way, it's my 2nd fave after the original & best.

Foleys retirement match must be the most underappreciated HITC ever for sure. It was fantastic, yet always seems to be overlooked somewhat, dunno why. Maybe because it's overshadowed by their amazing streetfight the month previous, or because it turned out to be not as historically important as it should have been?

Either way, it's my 2nd fave after the original & best.

I actually rate this match more than Taker-Mankind and the street fight at the Rumble. The match had the sickening bump through the roof, a firey barbed wire bat and the stipulation of Foley's career being on the line. As a kid I thought this match topped all of Foley's previous stuff and still do to this day despitet it being often largely ignored. The thing should have headlines Wrestlemania for godness sake, that'd have made Mania 16 appear more than a glorified episode of Raw.

Archived