Undertakers streak

rocky64

• Paid Members
From the sounds of things I doubt Undertaker would ever agree to lose at Wrestlemania.

I seem to recall a couple of instances when he apparently volunteered to lose over the years. One of them was reportedly Kane.

I don't think Taker's a particularly selfish wrestler. He's always looked at the lights for whoever was brought in to feud with him, taking pastings from Gonzalez, getting knocked out from a single chop from Khali and allowing Mankind to dominate him. People often cite his "I'm not feeling it" when it was proposed that he lose to Lesnar but forget that he put Lesnar over huge at the following PPV and just wanted a better scenario for such a big moment in Lesnar's ascension.

One do we ever hear of anybody speaking ill of Undertaker? It seems that everybody from the wrestling world considers him a true pro.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that also gets me is if Undertaker loses the streak before he retires, it effectively forces the Undertaker's hand into permanently retiring. What if a couple of years after he retires after his defeat at WM, he decides to do a Rock or HBK and get back in the ring again for one last match? Without the streak, Undertaker at Wrestlemania is worthless, in my opinion.

Archived