Undertakers streak

rocky64

Tyson Kidd to end the streak - its all he need to take the final step to superstardom!

Damn straight!!!!!

say he was to retire after WM29, which sounds better?, 21-0 or 20-1?

His Hall of Fame induction, which sounds better?

"The man who never lost at Wrestlemania" or "The man who lost only once after 20 straight wins at Wrestlemania"

And they can build someone new by having them go on a streak of their own. Each year they can make reference to the fact that wresler X is undefeated at Wrestlemania and in the process get a comparison to Undertaker's streak

I dunno from what I have read the Taker is a pretty cool guy always willing to help the younger guys out and what a better way to pass the torch when he wants to retire.

It would make who ever beats a "Star" and that's one thing the WWE is desperate need of these days.......like the idea of an up and comer from developmental beating the streak and getting in the title scene straight away. Very doubtful that it would happen but jesus would I pop If moxley or hero ended it (but that's as likely as Kidd doing it)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion of course but with Taker reaching 20-0 is something that'll never be done again, i think now is the time for him to lose it.

In my head i see Cena beating Punk at HitC, then losing the belt to Rock at Royal Rumble. Cena moving on to a fued with Taker (Cena has done everything else so why not end the streak?) and Punk vs Rock at Mania (IF the rumoured Punk vs Stone Cold match falls through. If we do get Punk vs Stone Cold then i'd go with the 3rd Cena vs Rock (Cena winning the title back) and then Lesnar vs Taker (with Taker winning).

Do you think vince would ever screw him out of it, I mean taker might not want to lose it it I'm pretty sure vince see the dollar signs to someone beating him for it?

Also imagine there was a botched finish and he lost kt

Do you think vince would ever screw him out of it, I mean taker might not want to lose it it I'm pretty sure vince see the dollar signs to someone beating him for it?

• Paid Members

Depends if he wants to keep having the match of the night. If he needs to have a 5 star match every year he might as well give someone the rub before he retires if they'd be content wheeling out a half crippled 60 year old taker for a squash every year I'd gladly see it go on forever.

I personally think it should remain unbroken.

Vince wouldnt screw Taker after years of loyal service. He has no reason to fuck Taker over like he did Bret Hart in the late 90's

and Taker doesnt do matches (especially at Wrestlemania) with people who are likely to botch the finish

It doesn't matter if he's on good terms or not, vince doesn't care who's toes he stands on he cares about money to make money he needs stars now if your marquee star is going out without giving the biggest rub that could ever happen them your losing out. I think vince is capable of it

Just keep the steak, its the only time we see Undertaker these days so i'm cool with that

if he lost it he should have done so to hhh or hbk.

wouldn't mind seeing the Rock try beating the streak at this year wrestlemania.

I can't see Vince doing a screw job on taker. I think taker would kill him for real. i still believe vince did the right thing by screwing Bret in a way. if you owned wwf and you had a top star who might just refuse to lose the match and take the wwf title off to your main rival (wcw) the next night wouldn't you stop him anyway you could from taking that belt over to wcw? it could have killed the wwf and Bret knew that, he was blackmailing vince. with Taker being screwed whats he going to do? go over to TNA and win 20-0 at lockdown or something? vince has no reason to screw him.

it would be cool if Takers son started wrestling and maybe he took over the streak or ended it. father passing on the torch

Capable, yes...but he won't. Taker stuck by Vince through all the tough times that have been had, the steroid trial, the Monday Night Wars, everything that has happened to Vince McMahon and the WWF/WWE, Taker has been there for him and Vince knows that. After everything, he is not going to fuck him over to just to make a few quid

I personally love the streak, but does it annoy anyone else that WM9 almost taints it with a DQ finish? No enough for me to care all that much, but shouldn't have happened. Loved that PPV as a kid apart from that match.

• Paid Members

I personally think the streak should never be broken. It's a large part of what makes the Undertaker, the Undertaker. Well at least to me. And it's a damn cool legacy for him to leave because it will more than likely never be matched. What sounds better - the guy who NEVER lost after 20+ matches at Wrestlemania (several of which were grueling battles). Or the guy who never lost after 20+ matches but then ultimately did. While either way, Taker is going to be an all-time legend and his place as one of the greats is cemented in history, to end the streak now after so long would tarnish the whole thing a little for me.

Archived