Undertakers streak

rocky64

I mentioned earlier that for someone to rise to the same star power as cena now that they would probably have to take takers streak awa in order to standout amongst he current crop of wwe wrestlers however I was reading a review for vince Ruston booking the invasion and came across this article you might be interested in

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/255653

It make an interesting point that takers streak has become a wwe folklore now, it's possibly bigger then wrestlemania itself and I bet theres people who tune in just to see if he retains the streak. But would the wwe universe resent someone for beating taker at mania now or would that person be celebrated also they make a famine point that having one of the big names like hunter take the streak is pointless as it would kill takers mystique and no one would get the rub.

So I'm just interested in your opinions really, would you have taker beat at some point or do you believe it's just one of those things that shouldnt be messed with as it's not broke and do you think if someone was to break that streak they would become a big star or would they fail due to the high expectations that would produce.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End the streak with a no contest Jesus I thought I was shit.

That would complete destroy his legacy especially if it was to sting. Now Im A huge sting mark but he's not on level even if he's an icon and he certainly doesn't need a rub.

Also I'm against sting stepping foot in a wwe ring. Let's face it he's never been the greatest wrestler not the greatest mic man he's more of a screamer if anything. His legend comes from been the biggest name to never wrestle for vince. Well technically he has he wrestled the last nitro and vince owned wcw by then but that's a whole different argument. Vince would never allow him to enter the wwe and end the taker streak never ever ever.

I'm personally against ending the streak if I'm honest. It's become a beast and one of the biggest legends wrestling could ever produce.

But if I had to choose someone then it would have to be kevin Nash. The Internet would die

Randy Orton was the point of no return as far as i'm concerned. I think that was when they started making a big deal about the streak and he was set to end it. I'm glad he didn't though and although it "may" put someone over big time, I would be gutted to see it end.

• Paid Members
How many more times do we have to have this?

The streak is the entire legacy of the Undertaker character, having Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania makes the streak mean nothing

That's bollocks. Do we just forget the last 20 years then? What's the point in letting him retire it undefeated? What does that do for anyone else and for future business?

Tyson Kidd to end the streak - its all he need to take the final step to superstardom!

In all serious though, they probably should have an up and comer end the streak, in an attempt to create a new main-eventer, as it would be a huge bragging point for anybody.

Although, I dont think they will end it at all, as I can see that being the Taker's 'retirement present' (Daft as it would be)

say he was to retire after WM29, which sounds better?, 21-0 or 20-1?

His Hall of Fame induction, which sounds better?

"The man who never lost at Wrestlemania" or "The man who lost only once after 20 straight wins at Wrestlemania"

And they can build someone new by having them go on a streak of their own. Each year they can make reference to the fact that wresler X is undefeated at Wrestlemania and in the process get a comparison to Undertaker's streak

vince Ruston

Sounds like a car salesman from Yorkshire for some reason

Anyway, No they shouldn't end the streak, The only people who you could trust to run with such an accolade are already at the point that they don't need it (ie Cena)

I'll say the same in 3 months when this thread comes up yet again

A youngster coud eliminate him at the rumble maven style and taker completly destroys him and tortures hi, for the weeks that follow with beat downs and suchlike them at mania the rookie get his shot at taker and finally manages t beat the dead a. That to me is the ultimate pay off. It's the ultimate david va Goliath and you give people that hope he can beat taker by eliminating him from the rumble with all the beatdowns etc by the time mania comes you will be rooting for the rookie

• Moderators
And they can build someone new by having them go on a streak of their own. Each year they can make reference to the fact that wresler X is undefeated at Wrestlemania and in the process get a comparison to Undertaker's streak

That's if they stay around. WWE seemed quite worried about people who just fuck off, so I imagine that could be why they'd be careful about the streak and who could end it.

Archived