4FW: Battle Britannia | 8th & 9th March | Bristol & Swindon

4FWpromoter

All write ups will updated by the weekend, 4FW will be announcing 2 Friday matches this evening, the next contest announced is a look into the future of United Kingdom Pro-Wrestling as 19 year old Noam Dar takes on 18 year old Owen Phoenix in what promises to be a true Battle of Britain...

NoamDarvsOwenPhoenixcopy.jpg

Noam Dar vs. Owen Phoenix

Writeup Coming Soon

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep very happy with that. You've got the battle between two of the UK's best youngsters, and then in Ali/Bubblegum you've got one of the best upcoming Jnr heavyweight wrestlers against a man who was one of the best Jnr heavyweight wrestlers in this country and on his day can still show glimpses of why he held that crown.

This could potentially be Bubblegums last match from what has been reported, it will be an absolute shame to lose him, no better way to step out than having a potential show stealing match on the Friday then on the Saturday with a youngster who has only just turned 20 and deserves to be seen by a wider audience.

Unfortunately Bubblegum will no longer be appearing on the 8th & 9th March events, 4FW wishes him all the best with his surgery, and sincerely hope this is not the last of the very talented performer, new contests will be announced today.

Owen Phoenix and Behnam Ali will be heading back out to Japan on the 8th June, with the first match been 9th June at the Korakuen Hall, Michinoku Pro wanted them back sooner as the demand for both to return has been really high.

Next week 4FW will be announcing 2 Stars set to head out to Japan 15th March till 20th may.

How the Friday 8th March event in Chipping Sodbury, Bristol now looks...

: Announced Matches :

Friday 8th March 2013 : Chipping Sodbury, Bristol

PeteDunnevsFujitaJrHayatocopy.jpg

Fujita 'Jr' Hayato vs. 'Dynamite' Pete Dunne

Writeup Coming Soon

BehnamAlivsZackSabreJrcopy.jpg

'The Sheik' Behnam Ali vs. Zack Sabre Jr

Writeup Coming Soon

ShaSamuelsvsTheSaintcopy.jpg

'East End Butcher' Sha Samuels w/ Gilligan Gordon vs. The Saint

Writeup Coming Soon

Shame about Bubblegum.

But that Friday show is really tempting me.... Whether I can get to the venue in time for the show after work is another matter.

Could I suggest if you wanted to have Ali in the ring against another long standing vet of the UK cruiserweight scene, you consider El Ligero?

Or if you go for something completely different and have Ali face another young UK wrestler breaking out right now much like Phoenix/Dar, you could do Ali vs MK McKinnan?

Shame about Bubblegum.

But that Friday show is really tempting me.... Whether I can get to the venue in time for the show after work is another matter.

Could I suggest if you wanted to have Ali in the ring against another long standing vet of the UK cruiserweight scene, you consider El Ligero?

Or if you go for something completely different and have Ali face another young UK wrestler breaking out right now much like Phoenix/Dar, you could do Ali vs MK McKinnan?

First name that was contacted was El Ligero, unfortunately he was unavailable, I am going to take a look at the options available as I believe another promotion is running up North the same day so unsure on who's available, Ali vs. Ligero would have been a fantastic contest.

Nice to see Pete Dunne get a really good opportunity , the lad is very good !

2013 may just be his year, got some fantastic news regarding Pete Dunne coming this weekend ;)

It's is Shame about Bubblegum, I would still want to see Ali vs a established UK name. MK would also be my first choice but I'd be made up with Marty Scurll or Kris Travis. Another good shout would be Gresham or Mark Andrews. Chuck Taylor is also around the UK at that time so if he is free he would be excellent replacement. Or even Jack Gallagher if he is back from Japan.

That tag match from Southside was neck and neck with LDRS vs Ego for UK tag match of the year. It's even more impressive when you consider MK legitimately had a badly hurt ankle from the night before and was noticeably limping before the show.

MK has had classic after classic in Fight Club with the likes of Trent Seven, Eddie Edwards, Prince Devitt, Jon Gresham, Chuck Taylor, Adam Cole and others but unfortunately they don't have much stuff up on line.

Archived