Homosexuality in Wrestling - FACTS ONLY!

RealQualityWrestling

Similar to Carl, I know of a few but I don't feel it's my place to name them. I can think of one person who has on their Facebook profile that they 'like men', to use Facebook's parlance, but that's probably only visible if you're a friend of his. If he wants to tell the UKFF of his sexual orientation, then that's down to him.

I've never encountered any problems with gay people in wrestling. Everyone's always been comfortable getting changed in the same room as them etc. Wrestling is such a close physical thing anyway, in a non-sexual way, that I think it breaks down a lot of potential barriers. If a load of wrestling folk go out together, you'll notice that they're all very physically comfortable with each other and there's no macho bravado, and that's probably due to the nature of the job they do.

And yes, of course, it's used against them when ribbing them or winding them up. But all in good nature, just like any characteristic is used against someone, e.g. we once had a promoter giving us all a pep talk before a show and he ended with a few ground rules, including, "And remember this is a private dressing room, so that means no family or girlfriends allowed in here. Or in your case <looks at gay wrestler>, no boyfriends", which resulted in a big cheer from everyone and ruffling of said person's hair as they smiled. All in good nature, as I said.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Similar to Carl, I know of a few but I don't feel it's my place to name them. I can think of one person who has on their Facebook profile that they 'like men', to use Facebook's parlance, but that's probably only visible if you're a friend of his. If he wants to tell the UKFF of his sexual orientation, then that's down to him.

I've never encountered any problems with gay people in wrestling. Everyone's always been comfortable getting changed in the same room as them etc. Wrestling is such a close physical thing anyway, in a non-sexual way, that I think it breaks down a lot of potential barriers. If a load of wrestling folk go out together, you'll notice that they're all very physically comfortable with each other and there's no macho bravado, and that's probably due to the nature of the job they do.

And yes, of course, it's used against them when ribbing them or winding them up. But all in good nature, just like any characteristic is used against someone, e.g. we once had a promoter giving us all a pep talk before a show and he ended with a few ground rules, including, "And remember this is a private dressing room, so that means no family or girlfriends allowed in here. Or in your case <looks at gay wrestler>, no boyfriends", which resulted in a big cheer from everyone and ruffling of said person's hair as they smiled. All in good nature, as I said.

So there has never once been a problem on your watch when a wrestler has been known to be gay. No one getting upset because they think he's looking at there dick or something. I used to referee football and once put my hand on a players shoulder as I tried to speak to him away from a crowd. It caused all sorts of grief even though there was nothing sexual in it. It maybe your right with it been such a close contact sport maybe there is a bit more acceptance then within other sports. I just hope we never have a Justin fashanu within wrestling.

• Paid Members
It just looks like a place where you can have a little mixed wrestling match with one of the girls, from the website it doesn't make me think anywhere that they'll have sex with you or that it's a brothel, it looks like the wrestling could get a bit risque to be fair but I doubt they're paid for or even carry out any sexual acts.

Maybe because prostitution is illegal? You don't find drug dealers saying, "Buy your lollipops here. Oh, and while you're round, try the cocaine in the sugar bowl and buy a couple of grams! :thumbsup: "

So there has never once been a problem on your watch when a wrestler has been known to be gay. No one getting upset because they think he's looking at there dick or something. I used to referee football and once put my hand on a players shoulder as I tried to speak to him away from a crowd. It caused all sorts of grief even though there was nothing sexual in it. It maybe your right with it been such a close contact sport maybe there is a bit more acceptance then within other sports. I just hope we never have a Justin fashanu within wrestling.

I realise your question was directed at Dean, but I feel like I can have a go at answering it too.

Personally, I would say that a Justin Fashanu situation was just as likely to happen within wrestling as football, at least in theory. Wrestling tends to bring together a lot of emotionally unstable and emotionally 'needy' people. People who crave the attention and feeling of importance that wrestling gives. I don't exclude myself from this, by the way, before anyone jumps on me for saying it. We all have a certain ego and need for attention, no matter how demure and understated we might act. A promoter I used to work for, who's now passed away, said that everyone in wrestling has something wrong with them, as they wouldn't do it otherwise. As a young wrestler, full of enthusiasm for the business, I couldn't see this and didn't agree with him at the time. On reflection years later, I think he was probably spot on. The fact that we haven't seen a high-profile Justin Fashanu type incident in wrestling suggests to me that there is actually a lot more tolerance of homosexuality in wrestling than you'd imagine, especially given the close contact nature of the sport.

There's a company in manchester where you can hire a female wrestler to grapple with and have sex with. They have a ring and everything. They even have a wet ring for those who wish to partake in skat or watersports. I think it's a rather unique brothel if I was straight I'd be making use of the services.

http://www.thewrestlingfactory.com/index.html

Holy shit that's awesome man :D

The girls look like dinner ladies though......But it might still be worth a visit

It just looks like a place where you can have a little mixed wrestling match with one of the girls, from the website it doesn't make me think anywhere that they'll have sex with you or that it's a brothel, it looks like the wrestling could get a bit risque to be fair but I doubt they're paid for or even carry out any sexual acts.

Something tells me if you asked Jenny Sjodin for a 'happy ending' you would come out with your teeth in a basket!

There's a company in manchester where you can hire a female wrestler to grapple with and have sex with. They have a ring and everything. They even have a wet ring for those who wish to partake in skat or watersports. I think it's a rather unique brothel if I was straight I'd be making use of the services.

Holy shit that's awesome man :D

The girls look like dinner ladies though......But it might still be worth a visit

Something tells me if you asked Jenny Sjodin for a 'happy ending' you would come out with your teeth in a basket!

Well, at least she'd be nice enough to give you a basket for them. That's class not often seen nowadays! :D

• Paid Members

Hate to say this, but that's not quite true - you do get isolated incidents. Not to name, but a certain holiday camp promoter once had one of his wrestlers come out to him on tour. The very next day, this wrestler found that the entire crew had left the camp while he was sleeping, leaving him stranded.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I see you posting in another thread justifying yourself as a journalist because you interviewed someone for a school project when you were knee high to a grasshopper? I only mention this because I thought journalists were supposed to use evidence to support their findings? All I see here is you jumping to conclusions.

For the record The Wrestling Factory is NOT a brothel or anything even remotely like that. There is no nude or topless wrestling there before you want to jump to any other conclusions. Mixed wrestling is one thing but to suggest it ends up as sexual intercourse or anything like that is just outrageous and downright ignorant. Furthermore the majority of matches that go on there are pro-style and a lot of people use the place for further training as Pippa L'Vinn is a very highly respected trainer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I see you posting in another thread justifying yourself as a journalist because you interviewed someone for a school project when you were knee high to a grasshopper? I only mention this because I thought journalists were supposed to use evidence to support their findings? All I see here is you jumping to conclusions.

For the record The Wrestling Factory is NOT a brothel or anything even remotely like that. There is no nude or topless wrestling there before you want to jump to any other conclusions. Mixed wrestling is one thing but to suggest it ends up as sexual intercourse or anything like that is just outrageous and downright ignorant. Furthermore the majority of matches that go on there are pro-style and a lot of people use the place for further training as Pippa L'Vinn is a very highly respected trainer.

So your telling me no one has ever got some sexual gratification whilst using the facilities?

• Paid Members
So your telling me no one has ever got some sexual gratification whilst using the facilities?

I think you should fuck off now, you've outlived your usefulness as a mental troll and are now trying too hard.

Archived