Impact Discussion 20/9/12

IANdrewDiceClay

I'm still invested in A&8s, I like a mystery angle and I'm glad they haven't rushed into payoffs too. I've always felt confident that things would be clearer after Bound For Glory, and I reckon that's still the case. I just watched Jarrett/Angle vs LA Park and his mate from Mexico and I really hope Double J's the boss. I miss him.

Excellent show this week anyway, one of their best in a while and still a much easier show to watch all of than most WWE presentations at the moment.

Bully Ray must somehow get into the main event of Bound For Glory and help make the main event better. I'm not keen on a Hardy vs Aries singles match. Bully Ray coming in as a last minute entrant makes for really interesting viewing and would make the main event in my eyes that all the more interesting.

Just watched this weeks episode and I thought I'd offer my thoughts as I'm sure your all desperate to read them?

I was dissapointed with opening segment with shaq, he must iog been keen to get out the damn building if he only made or short appearance and then we never saw him again. He has quite impressive guns and a great size. It'd be cool if tna could swing a deal to get a match out of him it would garner then some huge mainstream attention. But I doubt he'd be interested and I didn't like the fact hulk spoke over him. But thats the master at work, get a huge name to appear and then steal the limelight,

I noticed during angles promo he spoke very quickly and seemed to be shaking. What was the deal with that, as much as I love Kurt angle he seems to be a shadow of his former self now saying that he hasn't lost a step in the ring and out of all the guys they've had that's been a star he's done the most to get younger guys over. The match was a good little opener building to the three way at the pay per view. Considering the weak tag division tna is doing the best they can with it and I'm actually looking forward to the bfg match.

One thing that does annoy me I chavo using more of eddies move set then his own and the continued mentions of Eddie on commentary. Eventually people will start to turn on chavo for riding a dead mans coat tails and the bookers will be left with no choice but to drop him down the card and hell be back in a similar role to what he had in the wwe. It's a shame because I had high hopes of a rejuvenation of chavo when he joined tna and hoped he could finally step out of eddies shadow and end his career on his own merits.

The al snow segment was kinda cool, they can't have joey appear on the show I suppose with him been a "civilian" and with the arena been on lockdown to prevent the aces entering it would be stupid to have joey somehow get in. So they did well to keep this angle going with out it becoming illogical. I just hope the blow off is decent because it's had a real slow build and if it fail to deliver joeys run with the company will bomb before it got out the starting blocks and that would be a shame because he's got star written all over him and there's no one in the x division that can match him on character at the moment.

I liked the bound for glory moment with joe, that skybox jump was sick and it was one of joes better matches during his main event run, I hope when the tv title is brought back next week they stick it on joe. It would add something to his fued with Magnus and I think joe would add some credibility back to the belt as would there fued.

The gut check was great, I think the kid has real potential he bumped great and sold fantastically. He let doug work real snug and they told a great little story of the veteran losing his temper with the rookie. Evan worked the crowd well Nd there's some o the tna roster who can't get them morons In the impacts zone behind them so he did well. His body hasn't fully matured yet and he already looks I on great shape. He needs t shave his armpits though theres nothing more disgusting when watching wrestling then seeing a great big bunch of armpit pubes. Plus it's more of a heel thing to have pit hair.

Doug is starting to get a bit flabby which is a bit of a shame I was oping he'd get another meaningful run with the company but it looks like hes gonna be the gotto guy for gut check which is cool because well at least get to see him wining on a regular basis.

The roode storm brawl was pretty old school if you ask me and is a great way to build up there pay per view match which I'm hoping will be a last man standing match as its really apropiate as the blow off to this fued and both guys re great brawlers s it could make for an interesting encounter. I really enjoyed the crowd participation in this match, considering the momentum has somewhat been reduced in this fued it was a great way to get the crowd to pop and make them not for this segment. Roode is a quality heel and he even pulled out a back rake which is ultimate old school heel and I liked that. They also did a great job of not giving away too much of the ppv match which was a massive danger with this.

Aries did some arsekissing backstage which in my opinion makes the champion weak, I really hope they team these guys u and have a fuck up where one costs the other the match leading to a brawl in a bid to add a bit of heat to the match. I can't stand this face vs face arsekissery. Yes the title should be the focus as that's the point of the three month lead they've had with the bfg series but in terms of a fued this one has sucked so far. Hardys face paint was cool I'm assumin he's gone pink for breast cancer month.

Taras promo seemed to start off poorly to me but she made me laugh when she challenged christy. Brooke for the save it was simple yet effective little segment establishing Tara as a heel. I think they need to put the belt on her if there gonna have any hope of reviving this division and it's amazing how much better Tara is as a heel and I'm curious as to who her boyfreind is I'm assuming it's mr pectacular as he's due to debut in October.

Loved rvd saying if you wanna see a terminator you need to buy the pay per view. It gives a reason to buy them and rvd is at that stage in his career now where he doesn't need to go out and give 120 percent each and every week on tv. He's winding down and doesn't need to be doing out daft that's gonna it him on the sidlines. He doesn't seem like he's as passionate as he once was though.

We got another hogan segment who I've been enjoying as of late, but hes been asked t carry the aces and eights angle if you ask me and it seems to be losing momentuem and the crowd seem to be losing interest which is why they've probably got hogan out there carrying it as the love crowd will pop for hogan no matter what. He's now going into the club house which I'm assuming is gonna be as corny as when entered the dungeon of doom.

Ha wcw didn't half do some who stuff. I'm glad tna hasn't hotshotted this angle but it's time for some progression but I think there holding it off for the pay per view. The aces looked like a bunch of bad asses taking out parks with the hammer but then the commentators completly no sold it begging the question what was the point.

I enjoyed the ray Aries match, these two work really well together and ray has come on leaps and bounds. The promo was good to start the match and I laughed so hard when that fan touched hm and ray shooter on him only for the same thing to happen and when he turned round he found it was a spastic and just went forget about it. Even ray isn't stupid enoug to shoot on a disabled person. Aries appeared to fluff his lines again this week, and I can see why people are starting to turn on him already. Which is a shame as he's an amazing wrestler and I think he wll get the best out of hardy.

It doesnt matter what you do with ray he always ges his heat back in someway which is why he's probably the best heel in the bisuiness today. I'm glad he got the win he's needed a big win following his recent jobs to hardy. Its also a feather to his cap and opens up options to add him to the match at bfg. Which I was totally against as it would undermine the bfg series but given how lame the build up between Aries and hardy is, it could be exactly what's needed at this point. The whole kissing each others arse and saving one another is kinda lame but at least some tension emerged to finish the show.

Overall I thought it was a decent show but not the best tna can produce. The matches although scarce were decent and considering how many segments hogan got nothing really progressed that he s involved with. Although the we had the tag match announced for the ppv. It was also Aries first defeat of the year and I'm not quite sure what the purpose of it was so ifsomeone could explain. At least it wasn't a clean loss and im guessing it makes him look beatable for a change and the ending suggest a heel turn could be on its way which isn't gonna benefit Aries in the long run I don't think.

Bound for glory is around the corner and tna really needs to step it up next week. It's all good and well having a solid show but when your heading into your biggest ppv, your marquee event you really need to be going all guns blazing and trying your damndest to sell the ppv.

Wouldn't Bully Ray wangling his way into the Bound For Glory main event essentially render the series completely pointless? It doesn't matter if you lose to the eventual winner twice, all you need to do is cheat your way to a win over the world champion and you're in the main event? As much as I'd love Bully Ray in the world title match, it shouldn't happen.

I think what we're more likely to have seen are the seeds being sewn for an Austin Aries heel turn. The way he's talking about wanting everything Jeff Hardy has sounds a lot like CM Punk's respect mantra. When Bully Ray was having his rant at the fans at ringside Aries chimed in, saying that he'd also punch the guy who touched Bully. His cheap loss to Bully Ray and that purple-haired twat having the gall to hold his title can only add fuel to his fire.

Wouldn't Bully Ray wangling his way into the Bound For Glory main event essentially render the series completely pointless? It doesn't matter if you lose to the eventual winner twice, all you need to do is cheat your way to a win over the world champion and you're in the main event? As much as I'd love Bully Ray in the world title match, it shouldn't happen.

I think what we're more likely to have seen are the seeds being sewn for an Austin Aries heel turn. The way he's talking about wanting everything Jeff Hardy has sounds a lot like CM Punk's respect mantra. When Bully Ray was having his rant at the fans at ringside Aries chimed in, saying that he'd also punch the guy who touched Bully. His cheap loss to Bully Ray and that purple-haired twat having the gall to hold his title can only add fuel to his fire.

I've been saying it would undermine the series for a while now but as I said before it might be what's needed to add some intensity and drama to that main event. At the moment there best of freinds routine isn't selling me the match did I don't wanna see Aries turn yet so tna needs to do something.

Bully Ray must somehow get into the main event of Bound For Glory and help make the main event better. I'm not keen on a Hardy vs Aries singles match. Bully Ray coming in as a last minute entrant makes for really interesting viewing and would make the main event in my eyes that all the more interesting.

If TNA do that then they are going down the exact same route as the WWE, making the the whole series pointless "come second in the series and still get in the main event"

It's like the WWE where the Runner up of the Rumble usually seem's to get a title shot at Mania anyway for the other title.

If I could suggest a possible kayfabe reason, the BFG series effectively gives TNA a nice ranking of their top heavyweights, with the winner at 1, the runner-up at two. If RVD was somehow getting into the title match, I'd think it was a whitewash, but the runner-up somehow being inserted is less stupid. IMO.

• Paid Members
If I could suggest a possible kayfabe reason, the BFG series effectively gives TNA a nice ranking of their top heavyweights, with the winner at 1, the runner-up at two. If RVD was somehow getting into the title match, I'd think it was a whitewash, but the runner-up somehow being inserted is less stupid. IMO.

I'd agree with that, if it wasn't for the play-off between the top four.

Hogan's going into the "club house" next week, so fuck knows whats going on there. It is the Dungeon of Doom angle again. Where Hogan went into the Dungeon to confront the master. I doubt the Big Show is debuting next week, though. Just Mike Knox and D'Lo.

Let's just pray this club house visit isn't another "I was behind this all along" older-guy ploy to put himself in the center of an angle and steal as much spotlight as possible. Hohum is back to the Hollywood Hogan gimmick--as in his heel garb--so that's certainly a concern.

I know Eights cornered Babbling Brooke, but this is wrestling, so past storylines can either get a quick brush-off or be entirely ignored, usually the latter. Personally, I would have it revealed that the Storm beatdown was a work and HE is the person behind A/8s. Seems about the only way to revive the large barrel of momentum he lost since his return.

Would probably be a better idea never to unmask the Eights members, rather than expose them and have everyone go "That's it?" At least not unless they can sign someone fans consider significant, like Morrison.

Archived