UFC on FX 6/ TUF: The Smashes (Aus vs. UK) Discussion Thread

Shane O' Mac Version 2

Pick the winners/winning method  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is as much as I have enjoyed TUF since the HW one in 2009.

And I am not joking, cracking little show.

Yeah, it's been entertaining. I don't see any fighter on there who I think can make much of a mark in the company though if I'm being honest, including the clown guy.

• Paid Members

Good show again this week.

Next weeks show looks fucking brilliant though, seems we'll finally find out the massive incident surrounding this season. Also the coaches getting in each others faces, Sots came off as an absolute dick in just that 5 second preview clip alone (obviously we don't know the context surrounding it yet but still).

I'm not even sure this is it. This is obviously something biggish but the thing Dana was on about is apparently not even getting shown so this might be just something which leads to that incident.

And yes, Sots is a twat. "Get the fuck aaat. Get the fuck aaat". I hope Pearson lives up to the name of the show and smashes him. I'm way more into that fight now thanks to this season.

I reckon Bradley is right as well, Brendan does seem like 'a fucking retard'. Can't stand him.

Yeah there something annoying about Brendan. He's one of my least favourite Brits on the show. Looked alright in the cage but seems a bit of a dribbler as a person.

Brad Scott is the first Brit on the show I seriously dislike, what a cock. Writing all his woes about his own fucking teammates in a diary like some teenage girl. Inexcusable. Think that stuff if you must, but writing it down was really, really stupid. Xavier has come across a bit dickish just in terms of being loud and out there, but he was definitely the lesser of two evils in that fight

Yeah Brad Scott looked a right pleb over the whole diary thing. It's his business and they shouldn't have read his diary but it has exposed him as a bit of a two-faced tart. He looked pretty good in the fight though. Xavier annoyed me considerably less this week but I'm still glad he's out.

Once again, Freakshow came off really well over the diary business. He was one of the only ones who was really level headed about the whole thing I thought. Bola as well.

Next episode looks crazy. I'm trying to think of "worst thing they could possibly do" as Dana said, I thought maybe sneaking out of the house, but they made light of that happening recently with Stephan Bonnar, so who knows. Shit is getting real anyway.

Someone on Cage Warriors posted that John Joe O'Regan (editor of Fighters Only) posted something on the Underground about someone sneaking something into the house.

People on Cage Warriors said maybe a phone but I don't think Dana would react that badly to that. Rich Clementi snuck a phone into the house on TUF 4 and Dana just gave the whole house a lecture and snapped the phone in front of them.

If it is something being smuggled in, and taking into account Dana's reaction....I'm thinking someone has snuck drugs in or something. That's something which would be a serious violation of the rules and would warrant the kind of stuff Dana was saying. Maybe one of the crew finds something in the house and they don't know who's it is. That's my guess anyway.

Anyway...

As far as I can tell Freakshow vs Norman Parke is one of the semi finals. Shame one of them has to go because they both have the tools to make it to the finals. Should be a good fight though. Grant Blackler is the only Lightweight Aussie hope left.

Wonder which Brit will get to come back. I'm hoping it's Bola myself. He's probably the best of the 170lbers Team UK has to choose from and it was his kick that put Manny out originally. I'm not sure Sots will go for that though. Didn't look like Valentino gets the shot either if the preview is anything to go by though and Newman can't fight the rest of the season can he? Has to be Bola.

• Paid Members

Good episode last night. All the UK guys involved with the phone are fucking mongs though. If anything, they're lucky so many of them were involved, making it almost impossible for Dana to chuck them off. If it was only one or two of them then they'd have definitely gone, but with it being almost the entire UK team Dana didn't have much choice unless he wanted to halt the production of the show. Still, I highly doubt any of them will be getting a second chance if they don't win the show.

However, the one UK fighter almost guaranteed to get a second chance continues to be Colin Fletcher, who once again came across brilliantly throughout. He's the star of the show by miles, handles everything (from the diary, to the phone) perfectly, and comes across as the most level-headed, soundest bloke in the world. This is the most I've rooted for anyone on TUF since Luke Cummo.

A7I7lJWCUAAiT4n-1.jpg

Hero.

• Paid Members

yeh, Freakshow once again come off best, outside of the antics he just comes across as such a decent bloke, twice during the episode he was the one shown consoling his teammates when they were down, he's definitly a lock for a UFC run win or lose from here on out.

As for the 'incident', i expected something a bit more sinister but you've gotta question the stupidity of the guys involved, how the hell did they think they might get away with that? i can understand being desperate to speak to loved ones or whatever but it was still ridiculous. Like Supremo said they are all very lucky that so many were involved because in any other situation they'd have been gone.

The phone definitly seems to be what prompted the decision not to allow the Brit's back in as well, i thought it was a dodgy move by the UFC until they came clean about what happened.

Is there gonna be a coaches challenge this season?

• Paid Members

Decent episode, I didn't think it was as good as the rest of the series has been so far though.

The "worst thing you could ever do on TUF" stuff was a bit of an anti-climax I thought. They were stupid as fuck for doing that but it was a bit silly the way they made that seem like some massive earth shattering crime. Such an overreaction. Like I said, Rich Clementi did the same on TUF 4 and it never even made the show. It was in the DVD extras and resulted in nowt more than a lecture and a slap on the wrist from Dana. No ominous music was played, no tears were shed, no kid-in-the-headmasters-office-like stuff.

*Freakshow and Mike Wilkinson were the only 2 who had their head screwed on regarding the phone. And I thought Luke Newman came off as a bit of a cunt the way he was laughing about it after. Considering he could have fucked things up for the likes of Freakshow and Wilkinson who had fuck all to do with the phone, he didn't seem that fussed about the whole thing back in the dressing room.

*Oh and George Sotiropoulos is a fucking COCK! He showed signs of it on TUF 6 but he's been pretty well liked ever since. This season won't have done his popularity much good I reckon. He'll be cheered against Pearson because it's in Australia but I think a lot of people will sour on him. What an absolute twat he was over that book thing. I really, really, really hope Ross Pearson does a Keith Flint impression and smacks that bitch up next month.

If them rumours about one of the UK coaching staff lamping Sots in the car park are true, then I'm not surprised the way Sot was carrying on in this episode. He'd deserve it as well if he's getting in people's faces aggressively like that. I hope it bloody hurt.

*I thought Mike Wilkinson looked really good in the fight, Grant was the smallest housemate but Wilkinson has fought mostly at Featherweight himself so it's not like he had a huge edge.

So where are we now?

Team UK has sweeped it at 155. The semis will be between Freakshow, Norman Parke, Brendan Lonchnane and Mike Wilkinson.

Welterweight Team Aus has Ben Alloway, Rob Whittaker and Xavier Lucas and Team UK has Brad Scott.

So 5-3 to Team UK. Yeah. I think it's safe to say Team UK has won this show :p

The "worst thing you could ever do on TUF" stuff was a bit of an anti-climax I thought. They were stupid as fuck for doing that but it was a bit silly the way they made that seem like some massive earth shattering crime. Such an overreaction. Like I said, Rich Clementi did the same on TUF 4 and it never even made the show. It was in the DVD extras and resulted in nowt more than a lecture and a slap on the wrist from Dana. No ominous music was played, no tears were shed, no kid-in-the-headmasters-office-like stuff.

Clementi didn't text the results of the fights though did he? That's what Dana was pissed about and rightly so, imagine if someone did that on season 10 and gave away what happened to Kimbo before he'd even fought - Dana would've probably went into the house with a machete!

• Paid Members

True but who did they text? I didn't see the results plastered everywhere. I didn't even know anyone had texted results until this episode. It was just them texting their missus and stuff wasn't it? Still against the rules and I totally get why Dana was angry but "the worst thing you could ever do on TUF" was a big stretch.

Another thing I forgot to mention was Xavier getting back in without having to fight again. I understand the thinking about not letting a UK fighter back in after the phone thing but I still think Xavier should have had to beat a UK guy to get to the semis.

Part of me thinks the decision to let Xavier through was more based on them worrying Xavier would lose again and they'd end up with 2 all UK finals in December. Imagine that...a UK vs Aus finale card, in Australia, with no Aussies in the final.

Well Dana said they had possession of the phone so clearly know who got texted the results, more than likely did some damage control (i.e. threatened legal action against those people and probably also against everyone who was actually called just in case), likely why we never heard anything.

Oh yeah definitely not the 'worst thing you could do on TUF', pretty bad (especially production wise), but far from the worst outcome - hell, the rumoured coaches/Sots fight is far worse. Y'know what Dana is like in the heat of the moment.

That Aussie replacement guy has got to be the most pointless contestant in TUF history. I can't remember anyone coming in as a replacement and then not fighting.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I wish they'd show Sots getting smacked (if that is what happens). I don't think I can wait until December to see him get belted.

Totally unimportant but has anyone seen Ross Pearson lately? I watched an interview with him last week and he's growing hair. It doesn't look right at all.

Here's the interview

Pearson on Georgey Sots

"He's got mental issues...he needs to seek help"

Worth a watch by the way, good 15 minute interview. Yeah it's only a bit of hair but it doesn't look right. He needs to get the clippers out.

There are loads of better fights coming up, but I am actually looking forward to G-Sop vs Ross more than a lot of them. The build on TUF has been fantastic.

I am cheering on Team UK on the show, but as far as the fight goes I am on Team "Get the fuck out the gym" all the way

So I liked the episode, but was let down by the earth shattering "worst thing ever" as well. I get the principle of it, but it amounted to nothing, as Dana couldn't send all of Team UK home.

Two people on the show I've grown to dislike a fair bit are (as much as I hate to say it) Sotiropoulos and Valentino. As far as Sots goes, always knew he was a serious, no-nonsense type of guy, but he really is a fucking dick. Until Australia gets some more successful fighters in the UFC, and sadly I don't think any of these TUF contestants are of that mould, I have to support him in his fights. Hoping Kyle Noke gets a good run happening, and Te Huna and Hunt are getting there. Sots getting in Pearson's face so aggressively was just unnecessary and over the top, I guess his mentality was that they were coming in to spy on the training session under a pretence. Still, it's not hard to say, "Alright guys, one minute then you have to leave, we're trying to train here." Outside of the Smashes, I always really liked Pearson, I can go back to supporting him once this is all over. :p

As far as Valentino goes, he's just a whiney little bitch. About the phone issue, he was saying, "Anyone would call their family if they had the chance." No. You know the rules, it's the sacrifice you make for this competition. Don't try and justify it when it's blatantly breaking the rules. If Big Brother contestants can handle not speaking to their family for 3 months, a fucking MMA fighter should be able to deal with it. Then with the whole "second chance" welterweight fight, and all the calamity that ensued, Valentino came across like a spoilt child. "But I really want this!" Too bad, you got knocked the fuck out, the spot was rightfully won by Team Aus in the first place, he had no claim to it. He also did the thing I fucking hate, when George was actually being rational and reasonable for once, he goes, "Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but..." If you really understand what is being said, there's no need for further discussion. Just shut your mouth and accept it.

The season has been fun so far, but I still don't see any real standout fighters on either team, outside of Freakshow, Manny before injury took him out, and Robert was impressive in his 19 seconds, but it was just that, 19 seconds. Who knows what he can offer in a full length fight. The rest are extremely mediocre. Richie Vas seems skilled enough, but he came from fucking bantamweight to fight guys cutting from 165-170 to fight at LW. I don't mean to make excuses for the way the season has gone, but Team UK obviously have naturally bigger fighters across the board, Bola in particular slightly reminds me of Anthony Johnson. Pretty much every fight Team UK have won have shown a major size deficit where they've grappled and grinded out the win, and overall being unable to finish. Actually, I think this week was Team UK's first finish of the show!

Archived