Former rivals players who signed for your team

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I was typing up a half jokey rant directed towards Fox Piss in the Misc Football thread about Peter Schmeichel being a better keeper for City than Joe Hart and stopped because it was going nowhere and had nothing to do with anything. And Fox Piss is probably a bit gutted at the minute and he's a good lad/better than nicholasjackson so he probably wasn't up for my vein attempt at humour. In the midst of that post, I thought "I wonder what City fans thought of Schmikes signing for them in 2002?" So I started this thread.

I'm sure everyone has had a player sign for their club who they previously couldn't stand. Doesn't even have to be a direct rival to rival (Liverpool to United for example). Just someone you couldn't stand who signed for your club. And what was your reaction? Did you like them? Did you remain hateful towards him? Or did you just not care? For me, I remember a few years back being safe in the knowledge that Van Persie wouldn't have long left as a footballer because I knew the urge to rape again was to strong. These days, I'd let him babysit my two nieces without so much as a phonecall to see if they were in safe hands. I suppose thats a good example of what I'm talking about.

And you ...

• Paid Members

I honestly can't remember how I felt when Sol signed. I think I was smug about it and didn't let the chicken fans forget about it. I mean, we'd just signed who I considered to be the best centre half in the country, for nothing! Plus he was the only Spurs player I liked for some reason.

• Paid Members

Got to be the King. Not you, Pitcos. The other King. Monsieur Cantona.

Hated him. He played for Leeds. That's all the reason I needed (and still do, cunts). But I knew he was great.

I remember when we signed him and it was announced on the Nine 'O Clock News. My dad wasn't happy, he said he was cheap and shit and that he would leave in 6 months. I said he'd be a bargain and anything's better than Dion Dublin anyway.

• Paid Members

Schmeichel was a odd one for me. At that age i really didn't have a clue and in a couple of seasons all of them big teams big players joined.

Schmeichel

Fowler

Anelka

James

McManaman

Seamen

They were all doing a job for us back then and probably was the highlight of the season signing them.

Oh and it didn't help that half of these big names were goalkeepers.

I wasn't upset at all when Tevez came in though. At the time i wasn't rating him too highly and never really considered him a Red.

The only one I can think of United wise is Michael Owen.

When he signed I said to my da "What the fuck are we doing signing Michael Owen?" He bounced in with the "Oh you're saying that because he played for Liverpool".

I wasnt. The reason I didnt want Michael Owen at United was the fact that you just cant keep the guy fit. I knew it would end up costing us and it did in the 2009/10 season as he got injured in and around the same time as Rooney.

I actually quite like Michael Owen as a player and will never forget his derby winner, however I just wish we had of been able to trust him to stay fit enough that he could have played more.

• Paid Members

I was gutted when we signed Ashley Cole, I HATED him, and thought that we were getting ripped off giving them money and Gallas (what the fuck was I on?). I can't actually remember when the hatred turned into admiration, it definitely took a while, though.

He's lucky he just so happens to be a fucking awesome player, playing for my team. Otherwise, his massive level of cunt-ocity would never have been forgiven.

• Moderators

Gary Bennett signed for Wrexham from our mortal enemies at Chester Shitty FC and well...

The man became a total and utter legend, super duper goal machine, and arguably the most popular player to ever play for The Robins. Psycho was a god. He's probably my favourite player anyway, him and his strike partner Steve Watkin.

• Paid Members

Kenny Miller, possibly my most hated player of all time. From Rangers to Celtic with an extended pitstop at Wolves in between. Could never stand seeing him play in the Hoops and was glad to see the back of him but only for him to go to Rangers a season later and become a goal scoring machine. CUNT!

• Paid Members

http://www.finnharps.com/site/images/stori...evin_mchugh.jpg

I'm a derry city fan and this guy scored the goal that nearly relegated us and every time he played against us he took the piss out of our stadium having a dog track and I absolutely hated him, my uncle worked as a butcher along side him and he was adamant he'd never sign for us but he did and barely scored a goal, he worked his ballls off though and I love that in any player/

I was gutted when we signed Ashley Cole, I HATED him, and thought that we were getting ripped off giving them money and Gallas (what the fuck was I on?). I can't actually remember when the hatred turned into admiration, it definitely took a while, though.

He's lucky he just so happens to be a fucking awesome player, playing for my team. Otherwise, his massive level of cunt-ocity would never have been forgiven.

When we signed Ashley Cole I knew we were signing a wanker but I also knew we were getting a world class full back so I wasn

• Paid Members

Gallas. I think he may have been my most hated player in the Premiership, let alone Arsenal. Even his own club weren't too keen on him. From the locker room shenanigans to throwing his toys out of the pram and onto the pitch, he was utterly detestable. When he first came to Spurs, I wondered why the hell we'd signed this shit-stirring strop bandit. However, whether Redknapp enforced some of his "Whey!" attitude on him or he simply calmed down, I've grown to like him.

I

Archived