Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Bet he's loving it though.

Loving its a bit strong. He's probably earning less than a lot of developmental talent. If you are employed that long, its either because you are to valuable or you aren't worth getting off the wage bill. I doubt its the former. If you only make a few grand working a WrestleMania weekend, I can only imagine how little he makes for the rest of the year.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

He's not working TV, house shows, NXT, and isn't allowed to do indies. He's earning his paltry downside and that's how being punished for being a mouthy cunt last year. Personally I'd rather have a release.

The WWE know how to starve you if you don't play the game.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'd say loving it couldn't be further from the truth. Anyone think he has anything to offer? Seemed like it at one point maybe, certainly the more talented member of Cryme Time. I suppose that's not saying much though when the other half was Shad Gaspard.

• Paid Members

Just watching the Best Of Raw 1993 set and during the comeback promo that Hogan did the week after Brutus Beefcake got twatted in the face by IRS, I never noticed the sign in the audience saying "HULK HOMO" before :laugh:

• Paid Members

The crowds in the early days of Monday Night Raw were brutal. Here's Brutus breaking his heart talking about how his wife left him, his mother died of cancer, his Dad died of a heart attack and his face got crushed, someone yells out "kill yourself". Harsh bastards.

4:34

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
The crowds in the early days of Monday Night Raw were brutal. Here's Brutus breaking his heart talking about how his wife left him, his mother died of cancer, his Dad died of a heart attack and his face got crushed, someone yells out "kill yourself". Harsh bastards.

4:34

I liked the follow-up someone chipped in a few seconds later - "WE WANT DOINK!"

Fans just don't out the effort into their signs anymore...

AO2129wl.jpg

A bloke sat near me at the first WWE show in Braehead had a stack of posters.

First match was Chuck Palumbo vs Orlando Jordan, and the first sign of the afternoon went up. A picture of Chuck and a drawing of a cock and balls.

WWE security took the sign off him.

The next match resulted in something similar. Sadly all his signs were confiscated.

• Paid Members

They loved Shawn and Razor and Doink long before the turns and booed a lot of the babyfaces in the Manhattan Center. They were especially merciless to Virgil, seeing him for the jobber he was, and I remember one night in particular Perfect was visibly irate at getting booed during one of his squashes.Although strangely they never savaged Backlund, despite him being the least cool character on the roster. I assume there were quite a few in the building that remembered his MSG glory days fondly.