Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I quite like Otungas role in the whole thing though, enhancing his lawyer persona. Finding evidence to claim its too dangerous a move and claiming Danny Bryans descent into madness can be traced back to the Sheamus brogue kick at Mania, i think was quite decent and havent minded the angle. That it's an impact move to the head, having it bannedin today's WWE because it's too dangerous when almost everyone's knows about headshot stuff in WWE and it's attitudes towards them now, I don't think it's that ridiculous. Yeah, I think the angle is alright. Bookers a brand new GM trying to do the best possible job and keep his guys active, he's acting fair and impartial unlike so many recent GMs, which he's made it clear is his angle in the um, angle.

I addressed this somewhat in the Raw thread, these new slickly produced pre-recorded skits that have been introduced to Raw since the 3 hours I've quite enjoyed so far. I've liked the emphasis on some character development and hope that, that time goes on to be used in such a way to develop interesting character for much of the roster. But, I hope they don't always feel the need to focus on the comedy, as decent as the Bryan/Kane stuff has been. Doing some serious stuff could be great with the team and tools WWE has at there disposal. I got to thinking of the sort of stuff they could do and was thinking of the Mankind sit down interviews with J.R. Doing stuff like that would be great. Some of the Bray Wyatt vignettes were great and more of that sort of thing on the main shows would be a treat.

I quite like Otungas role in the whole thing though, enhancing his lawyer persona. Finding evidence to claim its too dangerous a move and claiming Danny Bryans descent into madness can be traced back to the Sheamus brogue kick at Mania, i think was quite decent and havent minded the angle. That it's an impact move to the head, having it bannedin today's WWE because it's too dangerous when almost everyone's knows about headshot stuff in WWE and it's attitudes towards them now, I don't think it's that ridiculous. Yeah, I think the angle is alright. Bookers a brand new GM trying to do the best possible job and keep his guys active, he's acting fair and impartial unlike so many recent GMs, which he's made it clear is his angle in the um, angle.

It just seemed to me that Booker was very easily and quickly swayed by the (clearly evil, dastardly) lawyer. Bertie had a big grim on his face like he couldn't believe his luck, and the only reason Ricardo got hurt on the first place was because he jumped in the way of the kick. I dunno, just seems a bit of a stretch to me, even for wrestling. It might just be because I've seen the angle done before in a far more believable way. As for the "head trauma" point, I totally get what you are saying but there are loads of people who win matches by whacking people in the head. Kofi kicks people in the head, Punk knee's 'em in the face, Big Show chins them, Barrett uses a forearm to the face now (by the looks of things anyway).

It would all make perfect sense if the GM were Ace, Vickie or someone like that, it just seems like a weird thing for Booker (and Teddy) to side with Otunga and Del Rio on. Any moron can see that Booker is being played for a fool. Maybe Booker's gimmick as GM is that he's a bit thick (that was pretty much his gimmick as an announcer)?

• Paid Members

I think the deal will turn out to be that Booker's still finding his feet as a GM, and he's a bit tentative about standing up to Otunga given Otunga's demonstrated skill at sucking up to the top brass. At least, I hope that's how it turns out. They'll probably just have Booker un-ban it after Del Rio accidentally hits him while he's guest reffing a match between them. And Teddy Long will still be inadvertently written as being shit at his job until the end of time.

I think the deal will turn out to be that Booker's still finding his feet as a GM, and he's a bit tentative about standing up to Otunga given Otunga's demonstrated skill at sucking up to the top brass. At least, I hope that's how it turns out. They'll probably just have Booker un-ban it after Del Rio accidentally hits him while he's guest reffing a match between them. And Teddy Long will still be inadvertently written as being shit at his job until the end of time.

Well given tonight should be/better be the last of the Sheamus/Del Rio pish, I think it'll be revealed tonight that the ban is lifted. Probably during the match, just to give the crowd something to cheer. God knows they'll need it. Its the only thing they can do that won't force this angle to go on any longer.

Mr Hughes must have lost about 100 pounds since his first WWF run in 1993. He was a right fat bastard back in the day;

curtishughescurtishughe.jpg

Now he's built like a tank;

mrhughes.jpg

Can't think of many others that look better now than in their WWF heyday, so fair play.

I don't see how the brogue kick ban can play out in a way that makes sense. It's not just a heel GM sticking it to the babyface, and Booker's a bit of a cunt if it is banned for legitimate reasons but he then unbans it just because Del Rio upsets him. Didn't Christian call for it to be banned on Smackdown?

Mr Hughes must have lost about 100 pounds since his first WWF run in 1993. He was a right fat bastard back in the day;

curtishughescurtishughe.jpg

Now he's built like a tank;

mrhughes.jpg

Can't think of many others that look better now than in their WWF heyday, so fair play.

He had a brief stint in 1999 or so looking slimmed down like that as well

I'm pretty new so i don't know if this is the right place to post this.

But is anyone else sick of seeing all these "Make a Wish" vignettes on Raw and Smackdown where john Cena and other wrestlers hang out with sick kids?

I mean you can't watch the wrestling without having that shit rammed down your throat and I think it's a disgrace..........

Not that they are visiting sick kids and making their wishes come true but that they always take along a camera crew and exploit these sick kids so they can advertise what a wonderful company they are and all the good they do in the world (basically to help Linda get to the senate).........it's crass in my opinion. Just like the tabloids that use pictures of Madeline McCann on the cover weekly to sell papers......they are using dying kids to get themselves over

The WWE are a pretty shoddy company if you ask me without that many ethics.......which is fine for a wrestling fed to be as it is a dirty game but please for the love of god stop wheeling out sick children to show how much you care.

Do the Make a Wish stuff just don't take your cameras with you!!!!

PS : Sorry if this is in the wrong place

• Paid Members
I don't think there is any right place to post such utter bollocks, really.

The WWE get as much out of Make a Wish as the kids do it's a trade off not a charitable act

The Charities get promotion out of it as well. It's win/win. So what? Cena does shit loads of this in his own time off-camera with no publicity as well. You failed to mention that.

Edited by Chilli_Dog

• Paid Members
I don't think there is any right place to post such utter bollocks, really.

The WWE get as much out of Make a Wish as the kids do it's a trade off not a charitable act

I got your point first time round, thanks, I didn't ask for an encore.

Edited by Gladstone Small