Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

This Royal Rumble coming up could be one of the better rumbles in a long time. We already have Goldberg in. If Lesnar enters too saying "he wants back the title he never lost and that hes never lost a rumble", if Undertaker enters claiming this is his last rumble and wrestlemania and will win and leave as champion, plus if John Cena enters, and a possible Kurt Angle return this Rumble could be quite unpredictable.

More excited for Roode and/or Nakamura to debut at the Rumble than anything else. Hopefully they get numbers which allow for a long entrance. Maybe Nakamura at number two and Ropde at thirty.

I have no interest in seeing a Kurt Angle return, I've felt uncomfortable watching him for ages now. Mainly because he looks like he is about to die. Undertaker I'm not fussed for, but will probably still pop when I hear the gong though.

Goldberg and Lesnar are going to be eliminating eachother, which just seems so obvious it's taking out their appeal in the match for me. Hopefully a few solid promos will sort that out then by show time and I'll be hyped for it

Calling it that Bobby Roode will win the Rumble. Its the best chance that a new face has ever had to win it. Maybe lack of star power or the fact there are now two champions again, but him coming in at number 1 or 2 and going on to win the thing and challenging whoever the face champion is by Mania could work. An undercard of Cena/Taker, Goldberg/Brock etc... would help sell it and make a star out of Roode straight away.

So yeah, Cena will probably win it

I've never been at all fussed about the idea of Taker vs Goldberg as a dream match, but if they somehow found themselves the only two men in the ring during the Rumble, I think I'd change my mind in about 0.035 seconds.

Loads of KO criticism here since he got the strap. I don't get it at all, maybe someone could elaborate. They had a night to pick a champion after Finn went down, KO was clearly headed in another direction and would probably be in the tag team scene with Jericho right now if Balor was still about, I think things have panned out pretty damn well all things considered

In my opinion, nothing wrong with KO being champion. My only criticism is that the "Universal Championship" seems to be an absolute Micky Mouse belt at this point, due to its bad start and playing second or third fiddle to the US and women's title it seems.

I'd happily they canned the belt off tomorrow, and just shared World/Women's/Tag Team titles instead. 

Exactly! so now like 4th fiddle overall? (Garbage.)

I found it laughable when Owens tried calling out Styles about "Who's got the better world title" the other week. [it's styles, his is THE World title, lineage and all.]

• Paid Members

It's called promotion. It doesn't have to be true. You just have to tell people enough times and believe it.

Owens is a shit champion. That's the gimmick. he was handed the belt and Jericho is the only reason he still has it. It's even one step below a chickenshit heel who cheats to keep the belt. It doesn't do anything for me. I think KO is good generally but not great. Not someone I've thought should be a heel champion. Perhaps if they turned him face and he caught on then maybe.

I love Owens, he's brilliant, but I don't buy him as a champion in his current guise so I can see peoples problem with him. Like it or not even in today's environment his image just takes the piss a bit for some people. The best remedy to this really would be to book him as a psycho killer but for the most part he's doing the opposite and is doing comedy with Jericho's... whatever Jericho's gimmick is. It's a poor combination for anyone flicking through the TV or who has not watched wrestling in awhile to see that the top guy on Raw isn't just tubby but he's also a cool dad on Twitter and makes loads of jokes in the middle of the show.

Then the poor combinaiton gets even stinkier when you factor in the fact that his championship is The One That Had To Be Invented and is associated with a bloated heap of a show where he's not really the top bloke like AJ is on Smackdown, he's just one one the main characters whose magic spells are apparently the strongest but you really don't quite buy it because that's probably Roman Reigns, right?