Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Transformation of Scott Hall to the "Diamond Studd" astounds me. He seemed to have packed on about 30lbs of muscle in about a month. You definately wouldn't know it was the same guy.

ADDED: Can't seem to find the link to the match from WWC (Puerto Rico) in 1990 to prove this. Deleted. Oh well.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

like a bitter virgin :laugh:

I think you've found the wrong person to aim that line at; Gladders is a father of ten! Might even be up to eleven or twelve I suppose now - I haven't checked for a couple of months.

I hope he's the same lovely and compassionate man with his kids as he is on these boards :laugh:

• Paid Members
Transformation of Scott Hall to the "Diamond Studd" astounds me. He seemed to have packed on about 30lbs of muscle in about a month. You definately wouldn't know it was the same guy.

ADDED: Can't seem to find the link to the match from WWC (Puerto Rico) in 1990 to prove this. Deleted. Oh well.

Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAsxZ0azTF4

• Paid Members

I was somewhat surprised that WcW took a pass on Hall first time round. Impressive build, superb finish, young but clearly something to prove. A diamond in the rough, so to speak. He did pretty well for himself as a face in the WWF, these days he'd have been propelled to main events after dropping his second Intercontinental title. Been there, done that. and he was over like rover, they'd kill for some midcarders to get reactions like Razor today.

The real tragedy is that as a prominent nWo member he was reaching the peak of his career at a point his personal life was falling off a cliff. He should have been World Champion. The Diamond Death Drop/Razors Edge/Outsiders Edge was one of the most over finishers there was at the time, I'm mildly upset that Sheamus has ditched it, I was getting a kick of seeing it on tv again.

It's always a bad sign when you're saying stuff that the latest forum div/gimmickdiv is agreeing 100% with, raiden.

No cause for alarm sire.

I liked the wrestling industry being full of drugged up jaded characters who partied hard and crashed cars and I miss the steroid era where people were ripped and looked like god's battling it out

I mean wrestlers die young, that's what they do because of their life style

These days the WWE roster looks like the cast of Hollyoaks and they are all drug tested so all your left with are these shiny "Yes Men" and all the real characters are out in the indies

That's bugger all to do with what I actually posted, about the television format.

If things continue at this rate, before long "Dangerous Weathers" might challenge Gladders & Loki for most frequently used UKFF meme.

That's bugger all to do with what I actually posted, about the television format.

Yeah you are right but it's all part of the same endemic problem the WWE has.......there is too much money and power at play to make a credible wrestling show....

Too many outside interests like politics and films they need to promote. They can't afford a scandal right now so they are white washing the company and it's history and replacing it with a watered down show that pretty much rams it's "Family values" down your throat.

And everything suffers, the format, the fact that the talent are all vanilla and look like male models and even the wrestling itself........I mean shit i'm not asking for barbwire bats or anything just proper chair shots and the odd powerbomb (can't remember if Sid did one recently)......

Hell we have gone from the era of the foul mouthed drunken Austin, flipping everybody off to CM Punk a guy who literally starts feuds with people who try and get him to drink a beer......

Probably a lot of it is to do with Benoit and the harsh heat the media turned on the WWE in it's wake....

But i blame the format problem on the fact that there is way too many pay per views and they don't have the time to build any good feuds some months if feels like there a PPV every 3 weeks........so they get the wrestlers to cut these long drawn out promos to basically build for matches that have zero hype

Awww I'm even boring myself now :/

Awww I'm even boring myself now :/

You've out-trolled yourself. Heroic.

Dude this is not trolling......In fact i find it weird that their is so many people out there who love the current state of the WWE who aren't 12 years old or a bit simple.

I mean it's not like I'm denying the holocaust or praising terrorist attacks.......I think my views are fairly well argued (perhaps not) and I do think that outside interests (and winning the Monday night wars) has left the WWE a shell of it's former self......But unfortunately it's the only game in town these days (well you got TNA)

So yeah I thought that these boards would have been a reasonable place to rant about the current state of affairs with like minded wrestling fans.......But all people do is call me a troll or a gimmick poster