Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Cena's pretty great for this in an Undertaker/Rock sort of way. His usual spots are over like fuck, but it emphasises both his wanting to win (in storyline terms) and the size of the match when he's busting out the Cenacanrana or top-rope rocker dropper. I think if Cesaro was to get to a high level we'd probably see less of the giant swing but the crowd would come unglued when he hit it.

Orton's always bored me in his matches too and I'd never considered this as one of the reasons but it's true. The RKO probably gets such a big pop because at least people know it's finally fucking finished.

I'd like wwe to do another 40 Man or 45 even Royal Rumble, next year would be a good time to bust it out with Mania being 30 they could say guys are coming out the woodwork for once last shot at glory,

the legend/old guy appearance is always fun and popular so have more of them like Godfather, Scotty 2 Hotty, Xpac, Outlaws, Koko b Ware, DDP etc

Decent returns like John Morrison, MVP, Matt Hardy (whos looking in great shape these days)

An NXT debut like this year

and the rest of the roster would easily fill out the rest

• Paid Members
I'd like wwe to do another 40 Man or 45 even Royal Rumble, next year would be a good time to bust it out with Mania being 30 they could say guys are coming out the woodwork for once last shot at glory,

the legend/old guy appearance is always fun and popular so have more of them like Godfather, Scotty 2 Hotty, Xpac, Outlaws, Koko b Ware, DDP etc

I love that idea. Would guys like the Warrior be able to take part even?

• Paid Members

Its that whole bullshit of people thinking being cool makes you a draw in wrestling. "Hall and Nash wear bandanas around their heads, thats why people are watching Nitro" etc. The nWo would have whittled out if Hogan hadn't have turned. It was the biggest news story in wrestling in years. For some reason anyone who worked for WCW in the 90s thinks "you have to look good at the airport to draw money". Which was a reason why they never pushed Rey Mysterio (someone who went on to draw more money than 80% of WCW's roster at the time). Konnan and Madden's conversation was embarrassing. Two bitter relics from the 90s.

• Moderators

So Tats, if you use it now you're aligned with PepperPlunge and any capital and babyface points you've accumulated on here recently, which is quite a lot, will be lost forever and you'll be joining PP on the bottom rung of the UKFF. IS THAT WHAT YOU REALLY WANT? YOU'RE GETTING THE KEYS TO THE EXECUTIVE WASHROOM HERE, MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

I wouldn't say "Royal Rumble", as they take a lot of time and are typically kept to the January PPV (or the surrounding Raw and Smackdowns), but a standard battle royal is a good call. I'd limit the amount of people in it so they can get entrances. One of the highlights of this past Rumble was seeing Godfather make his grand entrance, get immediately tossed out, and leave all while his music kept playing.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

To be honest I've never really been bothered about the word moveset and think it depends on context. Talking about Orton's moveset and Davey Richards' moveset are two different things. When people who bum the stupid Indy stuff use it my skin does crawl a bit, but when used for good wrestlers its just a word. Like if the story of a match is made with a moveset it's fine, but if the match is just a moveset then it's shit. Hearing Stone Cold and Sean Waltman use it in a conversation is perfectly acceptable to me

• Paid Members

Would this work to get Hulk Hogan involved in a Wrestlemania match?

Have Hulk Hogan come out number 28 or 29 in the Rumble to the shock of everyone, wanting 'one more shot' at the title only to be attacked while making his way to the ring by someone acting on behalf of Triple H/McMahon laying him out and costing him his big chance. Triple H comes out the next night on Raw and says Hogan's time has been and that 'It's not right for business' or whatever.

Somehoe of another this would pave the way for a big Hogan/Big Show v Triple H and Vince McMahon match, meaning Hulk's physical involvement would be minimial and letting him set out into the sunset at the biggest stage.

Edited by garynysmon

To be honest I've never really been bothered about the word moveset and think it depends on context. Talking about Orton's moveset and Davey Richards' moveset are two different things. When people who bum the stupid Indy stuff use it my skin does crawl a bit, but when used for good wrestlers its just a word. Like if the story of a match is made with a moveset it's fine, but if the match is just a moveset then it's shit. Hearing Stone Cold and Sean Waltman use it in a conversation is perfectly acceptable to me

Bottom Rung 4 Life. Welcome aboard!

Would this work to get Hulk Hogan involved in a Wrestlemania match?

Have Hulk Hogan come out number 28 or 29 in the Rumble to the shock of everyone, wanting 'one more shot' at the title only to be attacked while making his way to the ring by someone acting on behalf of Triple H/McMahon laying him out and costing him his big chance. Triple H comes out the next night on Raw and says Hogan's time has been and that 'It's not right for business' or whatever.

Somehoe of another this would pave the way for a big Hogan/Big Show v Triple H and Vince McMahon match, meaning Hulk's physical involvement would be minimial and letting him set out into the sunset at the biggest stage.

Wouldnt work. In Kayfabe terms, if Triple H or Vince didnt wan't a surprise entrant to win the rumble, they wouldnt get a spot.