General music thread

Devon Malcolm

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

My artist of the decade was Billy Joel. Now I like a bit of the pianoman now and then, but this is further evidence that my wife needs a bit more variety with her musical tastes. 

I discovered 676 new artists in 2019, but I really vibed with Dave. What u sayin @SuperBacon

Top artists on my account this year were:

1) Ed Sheeran (wife & daughter)

2) Cassius (me)

3) Queen (wife & son)

4) Chemical Brothers (me & daughter)

5) Jess Glynne (fuck only knows)

Most listened to songs of the decade are God's Plan, Despacito and WAR MACHINE BY KISS!

Can imagine you listening to “Black” on your commute thinking “Wow, I really get this”....pussio :)

Mine is Little Mix, Michael Jackson, Au/ra, Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift. None of them mine.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

There's now "dinosaur synth" too, exactly the same but with some dino sounds.

Right that's my next album sorted. 

My lad does great impression of Buck from The Good Dinosaur. Oddly, it's exactly the same sound that he insists the Polar Express makes....

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Has anybody seen the documentary, Being Frank, yet? It's really great, does a wonderful job covering his life and work.

Chris Sievey is probably the most creative man of all time. Pushed boundaries in all media including computer games and animation, and the fact he never proper made it made it is why I'll always hate the general public. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 9/12/2012 at 12:48 PM, patiirc said:

Sign of me getting old, but where is are the tunes. I listened to the radio every day for 2 weeks over the summer as was blaring out ROck FM on one of the placements I was on and it it wasnt well gret. Only things that stood out were Aviici, Bruno Mars, Pitbull and of course Flo Rida, again!

I know it is all about being easy consumption and such like, but is it age or genuinely missing things? the 3 minute pop song is a fine art, but there appears to be much sounding similar to each other to maximise revenue

It was always thus, so what are the standouts?

This thread is so old that 8 years on people are still trying to decipher this post from patiirc

• neil locked this topic