Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

General music thread

Pricks like me ruin their own Spotify year wrap-ups every time by listening to wrestling themes constantly, usually in the gym and whilst power walking pretending I'm training for a big match or walking down the aisle making my entrance.

R6yER4a.jpg

J9VIwn6.jpg

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

This was mine;

ELBBO_bWsAImw4J?format=jpg&name=small

I do enjoy how incongruous it is with "Dance rock" alongside those particular artists and songs, though I'm annoyed by Savuka and Johnny Clegg being up there as two separate acts, as that's mostly from me blasting one "Best Of" album for most of the summer.

Setsuko & Seita and, to a lesser extent, Maggot Brain are probably over-represented from a period of insomnia where I put together a playlist of tracks to help me sleep. 

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

My third most listened to genre this year is apparently ‘chamber psych’, what ever that is. 

I only learned this year that the genre "dungeon synth" even existed.

My artist of the decade was Billy Joel. Now I like a bit of the pianoman now and then, but this is further evidence that my wife needs a bit more variety with her musical tastes. 

I discovered 676 new artists in 2019, but I really vibed with Dave. What u sayin @SuperBacon

Top artists on my account this year were:

1) Ed Sheeran (wife & daughter)

2) Cassius (me)

3) Queen (wife & son)

4) Chemical Brothers (me & daughter)

5) Jess Glynne (fuck only knows)

Most listened to songs of the decade are God's Plan, Despacito and WAR MACHINE BY KISS!

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

My artist of the decade was Billy Joel. Now I like a bit of the pianoman now and then, but this is further evidence that my wife needs a bit more variety with her musical tastes. 

I discovered 676 new artists in 2019, but I really vibed with Dave. What u sayin @SuperBacon

Top artists on my account this year were:

1) Ed Sheeran (wife & daughter)

2) Cassius (me)

3) Queen (wife & son)

4) Chemical Brothers (me & daughter)

5) Jess Glynne (fuck only knows)

Most listened to songs of the decade are God's Plan, Despacito and WAR MACHINE BY KISS!

Can imagine you listening to “Black” on your commute thinking “Wow, I really get this”....pussio :)

Mine is Little Mix, Michael Jackson, Au/ra, Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift. None of them mine.

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Sorry about that. 

Well no Keith, because mine is created by my 10 and 6 year olds listening to Taylor, which is normal. At your age, you should be ashamed*

*jokes, you seen her Tiny Desk concert, it’s wicked 

9 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

My most-listened to artist this year actually is Taylor Swift and I've never been prouder.

i love you heart hands GIF by Taylor Swift

2 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I only learned this year that the genre "dungeon synth" even existed.

There's now "dinosaur synth" too, exactly the same but with some dino sounds.

Has anybody seen the documentary, Being Frank, yet? It's really great, does a wonderful job covering his life and work.