Is WWE good?

DrNo

So I was watching the TNA PPV last night, and it got me thinking, with the 8s and Aces thing, and with the Stone Cold wannabe, Austin Aries going crazy on some random nobody, it seemed like quite a good show. So has WWE dropped the ball, and is it actually any good now?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was watching the TNA PPV last night, and it got me thinking, with the 8s and Aces thing, and with the Stone Cold wannabe, Austin Aries going crazy on some random nobody, it seemed like quite a good show. So has WWE dropped the ball, and is it actually any good now?

How? WWE is pretty poor at the moment. Since the switch to 3 Hour instead of getting longer matches and better storylines it's seemingly more focused towards social media and the such like. Some things are decent i.e. Daniel Bryan and Kane but on the whole I'm not enjoying it very much.

Its really hard to read something from DrNo without the usual bad trolling humour, racism or homophobia laced through it.

Even though there is neither in this thread? Good one lad. Good one. "What happens in chat, stays in chat" I was warned on my last banning, so perhaps the same rules could be said for you Mr Ian.

• Paid Members
Its really hard to read something from DrNo without the usual bad trolling humour, racism or homophobia laced through it.

Even though there is neither in this thread? Good one lad. Good one. "What happens in chat, stays in chat" I was warned on my last banning, so perhaps the same rules could be said for you Mr Ian.

Look, cockwit, you weren't banned because if you were banned you would be BANNED. In other words, not allowed back. Which would be fucking great. Because you are fucking crap. So fuck off.

It's Aces and Eights and how is Austin Aries a Stone Cold wannabe?

As for WWE being good I do agree the whole Tout and Twitter stuff is a bit repetitive, it is nice having a poll every now and then asking the fans what match they want or something but constant "hashtag" this, "hashtag" that, "so and so is trending" and so on gets a bit of a bore.

Looking at it all though the Bryan and Kane stuff is good and entertaining, the Santino, Cobra, Antonio and Aksana stuff is childish comedy and some light relief, the AJ being a crazy GM is entertaining enough and brining Vickie into the mix makes it that bit more entertaining. Whilst noting Vickie there's Mr Money in the Bank, Dolph Ziggler, who is a great wrestler and his Money in the Bank cash in brings a little suspense and "will he, won't he?" ponderings over whether he'll cash in or not. The return of England's own Wade Barrett, along with his new look and gimmick taking him back to his bareknuckle brawling roots. Although downplayed recently Brock is still going to be involved in something big in WWE in the next few months, probably with Triple H and on that note there's Heyman who is awesome and then there's the whole mystery about an alliance with Punk, a Punk and Heyman alliance alone is something to be very excited about. Even some of the not so great stuff is decent enough, Cody and Sin Cara with the unmasking stuff is decent for example.

So yeah I think WWE is good to answer your question, Heyman and Punk alone are reason enough for me to tune in.

Now would be a bad time to voice my theory that WWE has become like He-Man or Power Rangers in that it's become a toy company that sells wrestling instead of a wrestling company that sells toys I take it?

I take your point, but was that not equally (if not more) true through the late 80s? I saw way more merch on the high st then than I do these days

• Paid Members

Nothing to do with chat. You're a cunt in which ever form of text I read from your racist little fingers.

Now would be a bad time to voice my theory that WWE has become like He-Man or Power Rangers in that it's become a toy company that sells wrestling instead of a wrestling company that sells toys I take it?

Its always been like that, though.

Since the switch to 3 Hour instead of getting longer matches

It's had loads of longer matches. Since the move to three hours, Raw rarely has a match that isn't at least twice as long as it should be. Long match doesn't mean good match or good TV. When people rate matches purely because they're long, it means they're being thick. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels doing 25 minutes at WrestleMania in a culmination of years of history is good. Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler doing 25, or 15, or 10 minutes on Raw because they've got fuck all else to do is bad. Which ties into...

and better storylines

I'd settle for terrible storylines. Any storylines would be better than what most of the roster does now. Orton vs Ziggler is a pretty high-profile match on PPV on Sunday, and there's no storyline besides "it's a rematch from their free TV matches, which were the same quality as you'd expect from them in the middle of a PPV." They're asking for money for something they've given away for free at least two or three times in the last fortnight. It's a fucking shambles. The sort of people who will go "I don't like storylines anyway, it'll be a good work rate match if they GIVE IT ENOUGH TIME, I'm watching it for that" are the sort who'll stream it. It's going to appeal to nobody but the most easily-pleased section of the jaded fanbase, who wouldn't be so easily pleased if it was costing them fifty yankee knicker. Cena, Punk and Heyman have got their work cut out for them tonight to convince anyone to pay for Night of Champions.

The Daniel Bryan and Kane thing is pretty great, but the main reason it stands out is that no cunt else is doing anything fun. The three hour shows came along just after Raw went to shit, which was the worst possible time. WWE is just chugging along. Who even has an actual storyline at the moment? Bryan, Kane, Cena, Punk, Lawler. Del Rio and Sheamus too, but I think their feud is just trolling everyone who still has the patience to watch Smack down. Cody Rhodes wanting Sin Cara's mask can fuck off as well, that's a flimsy excuse for them to fight every week for months on end.

I take your point, but was that not equally (if not more) true through the late 80s? I saw way more merch on the high st then than I do these days

No. Vince cared about wrestling then, now he only cares about bodybuilders and selling t-shirts.

Archived