Zero1 shows in Scotland and Ireland?

Road Warrior

Taken from the Zero 1 Japanese website, (Via Google Translate):

5552-thumbnail2.jpg

That the event will take place as "ZERO1-EURO" competition between two three days 23 - 25 November appointee.

One each tournament has been appointed Scotland, Ireland, and likely to be three tournaments, including Belgium. For the dispatch of the players currently under discussion.

Branding fifth as ZERO1. (EURO newly Japan ZERO1-, USA, Australia, and Hong Kong) September 5, Hong Kong: Asian Wrestling held briefings ZERO1

Was talking to Zero-1 President Yoshiyuki Nakamura about helping bring Zero-1 to England but we decided to press on with the Michinoku-Pro deal instead, the Euro Zero-1 has been talked about for quite a while, Eddie Ryan was on tour with them at the start of the year and heard it was something that is definitely happening.

HoHolun who tours the UK every now and then is behind Zero-1 Hong Kong.

That sucks. I was wondering why England/4FW wasn't involved when like you said Eddie Ryan was over earlier this year and didn't you plan to have Z1 guys over in May? Can't remember if that came to pass.

Depending on who's up in Scotland........ No I can't justify that travel again. Although Daichi and Hidaka.... Fuck.

We were going to use 2 Zero-1 guys in May of this year but our show dates etc never fell into place on when they came over, missed out by a week, we would have arranged another venue but not enough time to promote it.

It could still happen in the future as Nakamura is very keen on expanding the Zero-1 name and product aswell as taking talent with potential to his Dojo in Japan, but my priority right now is building our working relationship with M-Pro and help each others products in the best ways we can, would be great to see Daichi and Hidaka in England though.

All the logos they come up with look fantastic.

Unusual tour locations considering what most other international companies do. Can't begrudge Scotland or Ireland as they don't get half as many shows or even bands as England, but fingers crossed that we get an English show somehow. Not sure if Sekimoto still does much with them, but if they brought him that would be huge!

I think it would be more 'core' Zero One talent than the outsiders they use. So Ohtani, Tanaka (although I suspect he'd be busy with NJPW commitments), Sato, Sai, Hidaka, Hashimoto, etc. So no Akebono (out with pneumonia right now anyways), Sekimoto, Hayato, Sugawara, etc.

I think it would be more 'core' Zero One talent than the outsiders they use. So Ohtani, Tanaka (although I suspect he'd be busy with NJPW commitments), Sato, Sai, Hidaka, Hashimoto, etc. So no Akebono (out with pneumonia right now anyways), Sekimoto, Hayato, Sugawara, etc.

Didn't think there would be much chance to be honest, more wishful thinking than anything else. But you never know.

• 1 month later...
I thought that this must have been cancelled considering the lack of any news for the past few weeks now.

Still no news at all in regards to what Zero One talent will be coming over....

I'm getting the impression there wont be many / any Zero 1 wrestlers coming, think this is going to be more a scouting mission / training camp for Zero 1 to look at new talent rather than actually putting on a Zero 1 show.

Archived