Boom Chair Shot!

Kata Ha Jime

After watching some 1998 WWF with a friend and really liking the feud between Shamrock and The Rock. Shamrock was always being screwed or losing his temper, the guy looked nuts. Anyway on topic, I think the best chair shot I have seen is from an episode of Raw during this feud. Shamrock has D-Lo in the Ankle Lock and out comes Rocky with a chair. To me this is the craziest chair shot I've seen.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-RFO4U9yFvI (20 seconds in)

How about you?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The best one was where Cactus Jack ran at Triple H and smacked Cactus at the side of his head. It looked like it killed him, but in fact Foley took the full brunt of the chair on the palm of his hand. Looked great and didn't come anywhere near his face.

Because chair shots to the head were stupid in any era. I always thought they were retarded. Thats why the one at WrestleMania 27 was so great. First time in ages we saw one directed at the head (which hit Takers hand), and the arena went "WHOA!!!" Chair shots lost their impact after 1999. Its like blood. The boom period coughed up so much overused shit.

• Paid Members

Tanaka's bit of taking one and not selling, taking the second it has an effect but he fires up and BAM the third lays him out.

I always loved that because I'd be going mental for Tanaka to fuck shit up.

• Paid Members
Is that the one from Tanaka vs Awesome at ONS?

He did it in every Awesome Vs Tanaka match I've seen, and what little FMW I've seen its popped up there against other people in a similar fashion too I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar_felxzSFA

I believe this is the last UN-protected chair shot shown on National TV. It's a fuckin' epic one too!

Its stupid as he no sells it, it kills the illusion of anyone else taking chair shots, that was a hard shot and he didnt sell a thing, stupid!

I think that was when they where trying to make him out to be a monster then had OJ go all gay on him

• Paid Members

Undertaker could give some brutal looking ones in his time. In Hell in a Cell against Michaels looked like death. Michaels took and sold it a treat, fit the match and that point of the match and the story of how their issue started tremendously. A massive exclamation point before Kane arrives and changes the entire scene.

He also damn near killed Maven and Mr. Kennedy dead with some. The Kennedy one was sickly entertaining, looked devastating and he also gave him a particularly nasty looking Tombstone. You really got the impression Taker wasn't fond of Ken and really wasnt holding back.

Undertaker, Triple H and Stone Cold swing a lovely steel chair. Foley could make them look incredible, Ians one being a great example.

Undertaker could give some brutal looking ones in his time. In Hell in a Cell against Michaels looked like death. Michaels took and sold it a treat, fit the match and that point of the match and the story of how their issue started tremendously. A massive exclamation point before Kane arrives and changes the entire scene.

He also damn near killed Maven and Mr. Kennedy dead with some. The Kennedy one was sickly entertaining, looked devastating and he also gave him a particularly nasty looking Tombstone. You really got the impression Taker wasn't fond of Ken and really wasnt holding back.

Undertaker, Triple H and Stone Cold swing a lovely steel chair. Foley could make them look incredible, Ians one being a great example.

was going through some old wwf raws and found this, just as well its on youtube (Singapore cane match is brutal) but this ones the hardcore match

bubba ray smashes benoit's skull in with a chair on raw (can't find it on youtube)

I remember the way Shane O'Mac used to run and kinda dive as he gave someone a chair shot. The one I always think of is his one on The Rock.

This is it:

Also off topic but Bubba, that video just reminded me of something that had totally slipped my mind, that awful shiny new Hardcore Title they brought in around that period, what was wrong with the old school smashed up one?

Archived