Acquiring Music

John Matrix

• Paid Members

I dont know if this is a no-no or not so plus shut down in a hurry if so.

I have an mp3 player, very basic and only holds maybe 40-50 songs.

Going on holiday next week and would like to update some of the music on there.

Are there any sites out there where you can download individual music tracks in mp3 format? Happy to pay if need be, that's not a major issue.

Alternatively, does anyone have any music in an mp3 format that i can borrow in any capacity (will need to specify tastes, i know), is there temporary file uploading available? I dont want to have to download anything like Kazaa if i can avoid it (showing the last time i was an active downloader of any kind).

• Paid Members
If you want to pay, download iTunes and find whatever you want there.

Or you could Google torrenting. It's really simple and...cheaper.

Like i say, i'm a Caveman when it comes to that sort of thing. I had no idea you could use Itunes on something other than an iPod.

• Paid Members

Well they are just standard .mp3 files as far as I am aware...maybe I'm wrong.

I always get my music the...cheaper way. Honestly, caveman or not, just download any bittorrent client (I use Transmission as I'm using Ubuntu but you could use something like uTorrent) then once it's installed just go to www.torrentz.eu and type in whatever album you'd like.

• Paid Members
If you want free shit:-

http://www.mrtzcmp3.net/

All really helpful and much appreciated, as for the link above i'm just about ready to bum something.

Searched at random for Warren G - Regulate, and and also available in the list of results was the Michael McDonald original track, my favourite artist of all time.

Cheers!

Archived