Impact discussion. 6/9/12 spoilers

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It was a fine wrestling program. The Bound For Glory Series League Table ended in more satisfying circumstances than last years Premier League did and we got a load of matches signed for the PPV on Sunday. Its definitely worth a watch just for the matches alone.

Ā 

Here's some of the note worthy stuff:

-Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe had the best match of the night in the opener. Looks like a massive styles clash on paper, but it worked very well in practice. These two are bang on form at the minute. Hardy's had a string of top bouts recently, which might mean he's been told he's winning it. It was a match with a backstory as well. Joe tapped out to a arm and head submission. The reason for this, was because Magnus has smashed Joe's arm in with a chair weeks before this. So it made all the sense in the world and gave Joe an excuse as to why he would tap out, keeping him strong for Sunday. Magnus arrived after and rubbed it in Joe's face before attacking him. Magnus was really good on this episode.

-Joey Ryan and Al Snow did an interview in the ring. I honestly canā€™t be arsed with this storyline. Joey Ryan is quite shite and Al Snow is Al Snow. Snow said if he can beat him, heā€™d get a contract. Ryan laughed at him, and Snow slapped him. He threatened to sue Al for this assault.

-RVD and Bully Ray tore it up on this show. RVD's best match since 2006, I'd imagine. He seemed really motivated to put over his pal. They did a finish, where RVD went for the frog splash and Bully hit the Diamond Cutter in midair. Bully was taking monkey flip bumps and all sorts. He's so mobile these days its stunning. Afterwards, Magnus battered RVD as well, which sets up a match for Sunday.

-Throughout the night, Hogan and Aries interrogated the bloke who hit Aries with a cosh last week. This was a bit like when Steve McDonald does a serious storyline in Corrie. It looked so out of place and completely stretching what you want to see on a wrestling show. Its hard to take Hogan serious at the best of times, but when heā€™s threatened to jab someones eye out for information, its especially worrying. Dā€™Lo rang Hogan and told him ā€œthe arm breakerā€ will meet Aries on Sunday, if they give him back their boy. Hulk agreed.

-Chavo and Hernandez failed to win the TNA tag titles against Daniels and Kaz, but as far as tag matches go, this was a great match. Hernandez is still sloppy as fuck, but when Chavo was leading the double teams it was more than fine. One spot where Chavo Frankensteinered Hernandez onto Daniels was great. After, Daniels and Kaz got the pin fall for the win, Hogan came out in a more joyful mood to the one we saw him in a few minutes prior and made Angle and Styles vs. the tag champs at the PPV on Sunday.

-And finally Aries and ā€˜The Arm Breakerā€™ brawled as the show went off. I imagine The Arm Breaker is Mike Knox. Although I was gutted we weren't getting Dā€™Lo vs. Aries this Sunday. In the main event. For the belt. Where Dā€™Lo wins in and goes onto Bound For Glory.

Ā 

Well worth a watch for the matches alone.

• Paid Members

Bit disappointed with this Aces and Eights stuff over the last few weeks. It was quite cool at first but it's got awfully repetitive. I'm still a little bit intrigued about where it's going but they are losing me by the week. It doesn't help that most of them got killed the other week in that hokey brawl. As much as there was a massive flaw in the nWo storyline in that if the roster had united, they could've squashed it, this is the opposite and has been thought out a bit more but is far duller for it.

Bit disappointed with this Aces and Eights stuff over the last few weeks. It was quite cool at first but it's got awfully repetitive. I'm still a little bit intrigued about where it's going but they are losing me by the week. It doesn't help that most of them got killed the other week in that hokey brawl. As much as there was a massive flaw in the nWo storyline in that if the roster had united, they could've squashed it, this is the opposite and has been thought out a bit more but is far duller for it.

Ā 

Surely that's easy to get round with a masked group too? Suggest that one of the masked men in the promos is somebody who's thought of as a TNA loyalist and then dropping conflicting hints about who it might be and when they'll reveal themselves. Although I can't remember the last time I watched any TNA before last week so I might be talking bollocks.

Ā 

Talking of which, last week was alright. If I remember it, and I've got through TripleMania a bit more than I'll probably try and catch this weeks.

• Paid Members

Didn't love it this week.

Ā 

I will agree Joe/Hardy was tremendous and the tag title match really got going towards the end...seemed to me it was more Chavo than anything who looked a step behind than Hernandez in the early exchanges. Rvd did seem to make more of an effort in his match but in general I just cant motivate myself to sit through much more of him running through the same spots as he has for 10 years. He can't be arsed, I can't be arsed, just make him go away.

Ā 

The Aries torture stuff was brutal viewing it has to be said. They have had a really good thing going on with the switch to live broadcasts, but they just cant help themselves throwing wrestlecrap like this out there...Hogan's "let him live.....for now" was proof that although I love overacting Hulk..he can become too much.

Ā 

The "Armbreaker" is also such a cringeworthy name, even if it is a temporary one for Knox(?). I really don't think I can take Tenay and Taz calling him that for a whole match on Sunday...

Archived