Pro-Wrestling:EVE "No Man's Land 2" Preston, Feb 2nd

DannRead

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. I ordered and I'm watching it now (no sleep today it seems). Very enjoyable so far. I'm disappointed by the quality of the stream though. I wanted some crystal clear Nikki Storm :(

I might purchase one of the previous DVDs. What's the quality like for them and what would you say is the strongest event?

I'm surprised you said that, for the most part everyone has raved about the stream quality with several podcasts in the US stating its better than the ROH / CZW streams.

This should be the quality you're looking at :

EmiinringiPPV.png

This is a screen cap, is this not what you're seeing? It is a slightly lower res than what was broadcast live as it was rather high so to make it easier on peoples bandwidth but shouldn't be a lot of difference. Either way the version you get via MP4 is much better too.

Thanks for your support, and for the words about commentary. Most people dislike British commentary teams but I'm a big believer in Oliver Bennett and also I think Mike is going to do well with the more experience he gets under his belt. Only a handful of complaints about commentary (you're going to get some no matter what) so overall I'd say they should be proud of themselves too.

Review (So obviously Spoilers)

Segment-Emi Sakura and Kay Lee Ray signed the contract for the JWP Overweight Title match.

Nice Segment, established the importance of the title.

1. April Davids and Kaori Yoneyama beat Hannah and Holly Blossom when Yoneyama pinned Holly with a Chaos Theory German Suplex.

Good Solid match to start, Davids and Yoneyama made a good team with April not looking out of place with the Joshi Star. Got the crowd going.

2. (She-x) Bete Noire and Viper defeated (The Owen Twins) Kasey and Leah Owens & (Ama-Reily) Rhia O

Thanks. I ordered and I'm watching it now (no sleep today it seems). Very enjoyable so far. I'm disappointed by the quality of the stream though. I wanted some crystal clear Nikki Storm :(

I might purchase one of the previous DVDs. What's the quality like for them and what would you say is the strongest event?

I'm surprised you said that, for the most part everyone has raved about the stream quality with several podcasts in the US stating its better than the ROH / CZW streams.

This should be the quality you're looking at :

EmiinringiPPV.png

This is a screen cap, is this not what you're seeing? It is a slightly lower res than what was broadcast live as it was rather high so to make it easier on peoples bandwidth but shouldn't be a lot of difference. Either way the version you get via MP4 is much better too.

Thanks for your support, and for the words about commentary. Most people dislike British commentary teams but I'm a big believer in Oliver Bennett and also I think Mike is going to do well with the more experience he gets under his belt. Only a handful of complaints about commentary (you're going to get some no matter what) so overall I'd say they should be proud of themselves too.

No unfortunately the resolution was much lower than that.

It took a while to get used to two posh blokes on commentary but they did a good job with the storytelling and I liked the subtle heel work by one of them.

I still say the face commentator became more of an unintentional whiny heel as the night went on. His complaining of everything heelish just got on my nerves with the tone it was done in. Apart from that I still feel guilty I only paid

Part of the dojo / press room has had somewhat of a redesign since Emi Sakura's return as EVE Champion

DSC_0129.jpg

Its been one of the major talking points in Japan this week with features on Samurai TV, Weekly Puro Magazine and even making the headline for Tokyo Sports to name but three.

• 1 month later...

Archived