LCW - XMAS CRACKER (Dec 14th)

JohnDunn

Wanted to say a little something about this show as had purposely stayed down in the midlands after FCP on Friday and missed my first Futureshock show of the year to attend. Had heard good things about LCW and with some top talents like Stixx, Kris Travis, Max Angelus, Hunter Brothers and Xander Cooper advertised I felt it was worth a punt.

I have to say I was left a little disappointed, no Kris Travis despite being advertised to perform against Robbie X which for me was the one match that really drew me in and a main event involving 2 ladders that despite being very unique and packed full of great talents just didn't work. It was very confusing and a pretty odd concept. A sign of a promotion trying to push boundaries and be unique without really having a clue what they are doing.

That being said, the german guy Heimlich whom I had only seen once before was very impressive and made the best of working what ended up to be 2 matches very well. Not too sure on his partner in the tag who seemed a little out of place in a match with 3 guys of a similar style. Robbie X superb as always and I really hope a few more promotions up my way in the north west start booking him next year.

Travis not being able to attend was out of our control. This kind of thing happens in this industry. Not the first nor will be the last time that this happens. Xander wasn't advertised on the card for this show.

I am sorry if you were slightly disappointed at not seeing the match that you wanted to see. We wanted this match to happen too, however we still feel that the show was a great success overall. Hopefully you'll get to see him at our Rumble show in January

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wanted to say a little something about this show as had purposely stayed down in the midlands after FCP on Friday and missed my first Futureshock show of the year to attend. Had heard good things about LCW and with some top talents like Stixx, Kris Travis, Max Angelus, Hunter Brothers and Xander Cooper advertised I felt it was worth a punt.

I have to say I was left a little disappointed, no Kris Travis despite being advertised to perform against Robbie X which for me was the one match that really drew me in and a main event involving 2 ladders that despite being very unique and packed full of great talents just didn't work. It was very confusing and a pretty odd concept. A sign of a promotion trying to push boundaries and be unique without really having a clue what they are doing.

That being said, the german guy Heimlich whom I had only seen once before was very impressive and made the best of working what ended up to be 2 matches very well. Not too sure on his partner in the tag who seemed a little out of place in a match with 3 guys of a similar style. Robbie X superb as always and I really hope a few more promotions up my way in the north west start booking him next year.

Travis not being able to attend was out of our control. This kind of thing happens in this industry. Not the first nor will be the last time that this happens. Xander wasn't advertised on the card for this show.

I am sorry if you were slightly disappointed at not seeing the match that you wanted to see. We wanted this match to happen too, however we still feel that the show was a great success overall. Hopefully you'll get to see him at our Rumble show in January

In all honesty I won't be returning for a while as I live all the way up in the North West and it is almost a 3 hour drive for me to get along to. I did pick up a couple of your DVD's that I shall give a watch to but show wise itself on Saturday there were a lot of people in the crowd who all seemed of a similar opinion especially sat around near us. That is the problem with trying to put on matches that no one has ever done before as the chances are, if the concept was good, it would have happened somewhere already.

In all honesty I won't be returning for a while as I live all the way up in the North West and it is almost a 3 hour drive for me to get along to. I did pick up a couple of your DVD's that I shall give a watch to but show wise itself on Saturday there were a lot of people in the crowd who all seemed of a similar opinion especially sat around near us. That is the problem with trying to put on matches that no one has ever done before as the chances are, if the concept was good, it would have happened somewhere already.

Where were you sat? I loved the main event and everyone else seemed to enjoy it as well from where I was. However I've been going all year and have really been sucked into this storyline and this main event was the perfect way to end the year, and I'm going to guess that it will end the feud

This is kind of what makes me laugh when it comes to fan reports, when the whole crowd was loud through out the show and went nuts at the main event. With the kids and audience staying around the ring with the hunters and heron after winning the belts, starts to make me wonder what show you were watching.

Negativity doesn't all ways have to be the thing that is promoted

I was actually sat facing the entrance way about 3 rows back. I wouldn't say my opinion was entirely negative, just that from the good things I had heard about LCW I had expected more.

Everyone is entitled to their own view of an event, I also didn't enjoy the last PCW show that I attended. I did say that having a relatively unknown guy wrestle twice was risky but paid off as he was very good and seeing some of the other talents that we don't see in the NW very oftern was nice but as a whole I thought the show was pretty poor.

From the offset the ring announcer gives it the feel of a camp show as is far too over the top and cheesy and the fact that the kids are allowed to run riot it just took me back to the last time I was at All Star.

This is kind of what makes me laugh when it comes to fan reports, when the whole crowd was loud through out the show and went nuts at the main event. With the kids and audience staying around the ring with the hunters and heron after winning the belts, starts to make me wonder what show you were watching.

Negativity doesn't all ways have to be the thing that is promoted

A very good point. It really was a great atmosphere, and an enjoyable event. Not enough people talk about things like this

I have been to most of the LCW shows this year and have to say I agree that the main event was a confusing concept but thing that all 6 people in the match did well with what they had. LCW has always had more of a family feel to it and I take my kids along as they enjoy it.

I have been to most of the LCW shows this year and have to say I agree that the main event was a confusing concept but thing that all 6 people in the match did well with what they had. LCW has always had more of a family feel to it and I take my kids along as they enjoy it.

I agree there is a very big family theme to it. But I think that works well, which is why they book the workers that they do for their shows. I couldn't believe how the crowd reacted when Heron and the Hunters won.

Alex Gracie seems to be getting over alot with the crowd as well in recent shows as well. They went mad for him on Saturday

I agree there is a very big family theme to it. But I think that works well, which is why they book the workers that they do for their shows. I couldn't believe how the crowd reacted when Heron and the Hunters won.

Alex Gracie seems to be getting over alot with the crowd as well in recent shows as well. They went mad for him on Saturday

Was he the one who teamed with Robbie X?

Was he the one who teamed with Robbie X?

Yes it was

How did the double ladder/double match/double title gimmick work? Was it just two ladder matches with the titles in the same place, or were the titles hanging in different places, or did something else crazy happen?

I know I should have just gone (and I have been to a couple of LCW shows) but I was away on Dec 14th, alas.

How did the double ladder/double match/double title gimmick work? Was it just two ladder matches with the titles in the same place, or were the titles hanging in different places, or did something else crazy happen?

I know I should have just gone (and I have been to a couple of LCW shows) but I was away on Dec 14th, alas.

They were in the same place, which made it more fun. The DVD will be out next week to purchase if you didn't get to see it. It's definitely worth a watch

• Paid Members

I heard some real good things about the main event.

I heard it also really drew well , something new is always exciting for fans to see. I know when I done the no ropes match last year it drew a lot of fans just of of curiousity.

Also a family show can still have blinding wrestling ;)

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to follow up from my comments on last months show with a bit of a review of yesterdays.

We had planned on attending the ladies show prior to the LCW show but hit awful traffic on the M42 and then trying to get into Leicester itself so didn't arrive at the venue until almost 5:30pm so we missed it.

Got into the venue nice and early for the main show however and took up the same seats as we had taken before. Having been assured that Travis and Xander Cooper were to be part of this show we were happy enough to give it another chance and the attendance seemed to be of a similar number to the last show, i'd estimate around the 180-200 mark at least which is always nice to see. Attendance wise I would certainly now put these shows on a par with Futureshock so they have really built something out of nothing and that is very commendable.

The show opened with a big tag team match including 4 teams, Mark Massa, whom we are very familiar with from Futureshock and his partner (whom we had seen once before but are very impressed with - his name escapes me though) versus Battle Squad Awesome, a team we have been very impressed with in the 4 times we have seen them versus The Predators who lost the belts in that ridiculous ladder match at the last show versus The Hunter Brothers who won them. It seemed an odd choice of match to begin a show with as there was a lot going on, high paced, high flying at times and full of spots, making it a tough follow for anyone coming on after it. All in all it was enjoyable to watch, but with a rumble match still to come on the show we did think that having such a heavily loaded affair on the card as well was a little strange. Massa's team and Battle Squad were both eliminated within 10 mins leaving the inevitable and obvious Hunters vs Predators showdown, these guys have pretty much run their course with what they could do now in this promotion after that Ladder Match, seeing the 2 teams square off in normal circumstances seemed to get a bit of a drone from the section of the crowd around us. Both are hugely talented teams though and did a good job. It would be good to see either team getting some more bookings up in the North West, they would be a great fit for Infinite or GPW.

An angle at the end of the match showed tensions brewing between The Predators looking as though it is leading to a split, which for the 2 to have anything fresh to do now having lost the belts seems the only way forward. The absence of Harvey Dale who was actually sat in the crowd for the show seemed very odd again though especially with such an angle.

Next up was for us the MOTN, Damien Dunne took on Xander Cooper one on one and the match was just superb with both guys giving a great account of themselves. Cooper's crowd work is sublime, always has been and Damien Dunne is often the lesser talked about of the Dunne brothers but is every bit as good as, if not better than Pete. We were kinda hoping Pete would make an appearance somewhere on the show aswell in the Rumble match but it wasn't to be.

The last actual match before the rumble itself was another heavily loaded elimination style 6 man. LJ Heron, who won the belt back on the last show, again in the ladder match, defending against the former champion and still one of the most impressive looking specimins in BritWres Stixx, Max Angelus, who always shows his class and looks every part the total package as a worker, Kris Travis, who thankfully this time was on the show as advertised, Robbie X, who for me at the moment is probably the most over guy in the UK and totally deserves to be so and Alex Gracie, who for me just isn't a name that should have been thrown in with these type of guys anyway. The match started with a flurry, all guys pairing off into separate 1 on 1 brawls before finally settling into some kind of routine. The first big surprise came when the new champion LJ Heron was the first eliminated, meaning that the belt would yet again be changing hands...2 title changes in 2 shows, very odd booking, seemingly no point in putting the belt back on Heron at the last show if they were not going to let him run with it and a total throw away piece of booking that shows the inexperience of the product still. Stixx was next out giving us another surprise as we felt sure the belt would at least be going back his way. At this point though the excitement was flowing with us and we were 100% sure that the belt would be around the waist of Kris Travis or at the very least the incredibly over Robbie X who got more pops from the crowd in this match than the rest of the card put together. As Travis and Robbie then became eliminations 3 & 4 we were in total amazement to see that it was down to Angelus or Gracie. Not for a second thinking that the belt would be headed off with Gracie we resigned ourselves to the fact that it may not be Travis but Angelus would at least be a decent header for a company attempting to grow and bring some form of legitimacy to their title. Imagine our surprise when it was in fact Gracie who took the belt making Angelus tap out. As the faces in the crowd around us dropped and sat in stunned silence and indignation I can honestly say that I was totally speechless. The only guy in the match who looked as though they didn't belong was the one they have chose to lead up the promotion? Another piece of incredibly na

Archived