15 years on: Hulk Who? The Final Frontier

JNLister

Finished the book last night. Excellent - really enjoyed it.

Just wondering John would you ever embark on another wrestling tour again? Would you be able to do it now or have all the old wrestling venues been knocked to the ground? I guess it would just consist of WWE, ROH & TNA. I imagine trying to get round florida by bus would be even worse than Memphis etc!

• Paid Members

Yeah, between many of the venues being demolished, the promotions going out of business, the fact that most promotions around the world turn up in the UK at some point, and the whole being grown up and having a job thing, it's something of a no-go.

If I ever come into a shedload of cash, my plan/vague dream would be a similar book but based on seeing local wrestling in as many countries as possible. The missus seems to be OK with the Tokyo and Mexico City bit, but unfortunately is currently refusing my hypothetical trip to the Congo.

• Paid Members

That sounds really great. You can almost predict how it'd pan out - a lot of average but pleasingly varied stuff, with the odd hidden gem, the odd absolute stinker and the odd familiar face in an unusual setting. So yeah, please get tons of money soon.

Yeah, between many of the venues being demolished, the promotions going out of business, the fact that most promotions around the world turn up in the UK at some point, and the whole being grown up and having a job thing, it's something of a no-go.

If I ever come into a shedload of cash, my plan/vague dream would be a similar book but based on seeing local wrestling in as many countries as possible. The missus seems to be OK with the Tokyo and Mexico City bit, but unfortunately is currently refusing my hypothetical trip to the Congo.

You could get her hooked on Um Bongo first, and then claim there's been an import embargo.

Archived