using the same wrestler twice !

dannycoll

How bored are you?

One night/tournaments are usually big draws for companies (Super 8 & TPI being key examples of that).

In other cases an indy promoter bringing in a big name on a 1 shot might feel he's getting value for money using a wrestler twice and if done with a story behind it rather than this guy randomly has 2 different matches its fine. If it's a case of say Ric Flair opening his own company and deciding to show David down the crowds throat with 2 or 3 matches just to try and get him over without the talent to back it up then of course not.

As said if it is part of a one night tournament it is fine, same goes for if there is a battle royal at the end of the show or something it is fine. However like what is said above if it is with no purpose and to add to an upcoming feud or anything then it is pretty pointless

NOT BORED

How bored are you?

One night/tournaments are usually big draws for companies (Super 8 & TPI being key examples of that).

In other cases an indy promoter bringing in a big name on a 1 shot might feel he's getting value for money using a wrestler twice and if done with a story behind it rather than this guy randomly has 2 different matches its fine. If it's a case of say Ric Flair opening his own company and deciding to show David down the crowds throat with 2 or 3 matches just to try and get him over without the talent to back it up then of course not.

• Paid Members

dannycoll, what are your thoughts on this subject?

Using the same guy on one show in either two matches or under two different gimmicks (mask etc) is alright with me. I'm sure some promotions do that, almost sure an All Star show I saw at Butlins years back did so with ~THE WRESTLING RED RANGER!!!

He only understood one of your well i can't even call it a question, its just a name followed by three question marks... however i digress again battle royals give a chance to have extra gimmicks being used by people and yes i only said battle royals because tournaments are a lot more demanding i think if a promoter has say "masked gimmick a" lose in round one but "normal gimmick a" progress to the final

its a discussion forum

He only understood one of your well i can't even call it a question, its just a name followed by three question marks... however i digress again battle royals give a chance to have extra gimmicks being used by people and yes i only said battle royals because tournaments are a lot more demanding i think if a promoter has say "masked gimmick a" lose in round one but "normal gimmick a" progress to the final

• Paid Members
its a discussion forum

To which he did answer your question.

i to dont have a problem with promoters using the same guy twice

as its been mentioned/discussed on here it can bring a different dynamic

to the show

talking of all star , I do object when Tagori is used .

Using the same guy on one show in either two matches or under two different gimmicks (mask etc) is alright with me. I'm sure some promotions do that, almost sure an All Star show I saw at Butlins years back did so with ~THE WRESTLING RED RANGER!!!

• Paid Members
i to dont have a problem with promoters using the same guy twice

as its been mentioned/discussed on here it can bring a different dynamic

to the show

talking of all star , I do object when Tagori is used .

Why do you object to it? It could be a legitimate reason like the bloke who plays the character under the mask can't make the show. If you've advertised it AND you had the suit, you could just try and make up for it theoretically. Or if it's a small crew it saves on money. That's a smart idea as it's one less bloke to pay with the idea of making money and trying to save money being logical for shoe-string or small card shows.

EDIT: None of us are being uptight, were divulging you in a discussion by the looks of it, which you seem to be craving and encouraging with your comments.

hi Forumites ,

what do you guys think of promoters using the same wrestler twice

on one show ?

if its part of a tournament, is that OK ?

TAGORI ???

cheers

Actually, the conditions of Tagori's work permit dictate that he can only wrestle one match per show, excluding Rumbles, arm wrestling contests and multilingual rap battles.

I personally dont mind when the same wrestler wrestles twice. With masked gimmicks it really comes down to who it is and how much I enjoy the masked gimmick. I dont personally mind Tagori as I quite enjoy watching the wrestler who normally plays it. Some I find a chore this is especially true when the match there in is slow in pace. Although the kids usually love a masked man and I cant see a problem with doing it to keep costs down in those cases.

On the small scale using the same wrestler in the same gimmick twice is ok if there is a story behind it, tournament, special challenge or random tag match are common.

On a big scale I think it is clever to do it sometimes as well such as double champion has two defences or Kurt Angle at KOTR 01 was supurb as he basically had put too much on his plate for the night and we had the story of him wanting to win the tournament and beat Shane. Or HHH at no mercy 07 with his 3 matches

Cant stand the overuse of match starts at beginning of show, no contest and then the competitors are in another match later on which seems more common than ever these days

Archived