RAW Thread, 3rd September 2012

The Natural

Thought it was an improvement on last week, but being able to fast forward through anything that looks like it's going to be boring is a huge factor. Bryan is class. Note Kane doing out of character smirking at the end of the first skit. Did they really only have 1 take with the fire in the bin thing? Anyway. The hugging went on a bit long but was funny as fuck on the whole.

Good to see Ziggler win. Perhaps after he lost to Orton on SD, they realised they should stop burying the MITB winner. I don't rate Orton as a character - he seems genuinely unbalanced.

The AJ thing - why make her GM only to crucify her weeks later?

Commentary is so poor. Michael Cole is so bad at play-by-play. Why he can't pick out basic moves that happen in almost all matches (hot shot, flapjack) is beyond me. They could have had him arslikhan Miz and Miz brushing it off, would have made a more interesting dynamic than "we haven't got any fucking colour commentators, who's vaguely competent on the mic?"

Really enjoyed the main event. Thought it started it a little slow, but then some proper bumps - through the table, suplex on the ramp - they really went for it I thought, and the crowd were well into it. Brilliant ending with Happy Heyman.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Good to see Ziggler win. Perhaps after he lost to Orton on SD, they realised they should stop burying the MITB winner. I don't rate Orton as a character - he seems genuinely unbalanced.

Or its because Orton is leaving this week and wont be back until November, so they've given Zigger a fluke win over someone who might beat him for the belt upon his return.

Orton's going to do Twelve Rounds II: Thirteen Rounds.

Swagger might be getting some TV time rather than squashes and so on, don't want to say push yet though as I haven't a clue how they'll play it.

I think Swagger could do with time off as much as anything else. He doesn't suit the jobber role the way Slater, Santino and co do, and he's been doing it too long now. A couple of months away could do him the world of good.

• Paid Members
Commentary is so poor. Michael Cole is so bad at play-by-play. Why he can't pick out basic moves that happen in almost all matches (hot shot, flapjack) is beyond me. They could have had him arslikhan Miz and Miz brushing it off, would have made a more interesting dynamic than "we haven't got any fucking colour commentators, who's vaguely competent on the mic?"

In all his years of commentating and he had no idea what Sheamus had done to win the match. I'd rather have Josh Matthews and Matt Striker commentating that the current set up.

Or its because Orton is leaving this week and wont be back until November, so they've given Zigger a fluke win over someone who might beat him for the belt upon his return.

Good of him to stop by and do his unhinged loner thing for a few weeks, in that case.

I still find AJ Lee the worst character on TV. I'm sorry but when this first started with her and Bryan I thought she could become a good strong female character, but then she turned her head slightly sideways and became so fucking boring and annoying. Every time she turns up skipping I think 'Oh crap, I was enjoying this.' Last night was no exception, in fact I watched Vickie in the ring for those 5 minutes and fast forwarded AJ's tantrum.

I thought last night was alright, the commentary was shit though. Ziggler and Orton was fun, and I like that finish, I love that counter to the roll up. Sheamus and Swagger was half decent and afterwards leading to the return of 'Dave Otunga: Attorney At Law' was cool. The main event was great, those two gel so well together, I hope they have a long feuding series soon.

But of course Hug It Out was the funnest segment in a long time. In fact I loved the Anger Management series, but Bryan and Kane are so good together that the whole panto thing Bryan did made me burst out laughing. Great times, thought the chair around the neck thing I thought was a bit overkill. I do hope they end up in a tag team at the end of this feud.

• Paid Members
But of course Hug It Out was the funnest segment in a long time. In fact I loved the Anger Management series, but Bryan and Kane are so good together that the whole panto thing Bryan did made me burst out laughing. Great times, thought the chair around the neck thing I thought was a bit overkill. I do hope they end up in a tag team at the end of this feud.

I actually thought the chair part was great and totally fitting in the story between the two. Even though they had a small moment of friendship, Kane was still willing to break Bryan's neck. The whole thing was just brilliantly put together.

I thought Raw was better than last week's, and the crowd definately helped even though they wern't as 'Chicago-i' as usual. The thing I loved about Punk is that he didnt do the usual shit a heel in his home town does. It just adds to Punk being different to the by the book heel character, which was more evident when he showed up SheAnus who was doing his by the book face routine, which is just shit.

Everytime I see AJ, I think about a comment made on here about one side of her head being heavier than the other. Would love it if she brings back Kharma to ruin Vicki. Anyone know whats going on with Kharma by the way?

Ryback is pointless at the moment. Even his matches have become a bore, especially when they're against Jinder fucking Mahal every single week. WWE have been repeating matches way too often recently. We've had Ziggler/Orton, Del Rio/Sheamus, Cody/Masked guy, Ryback/Rex,Hawkins,Mahal so much in a short period of time that surely they realise its overkill.

Heyman being on TV for anything is great. He's still one of the best talker in the business, he just needs to remember to never say 'Brocktagon' again.

• Paid Members

I read that Swagger's jobbing was down to WWE officials punishing him for his constant cannabis fines. With the wellness policy indicating that smoking weed only comes with like a $1000 fine apparently he had got caught a few times and went down the Brian Kendrick route of being pushed and suddenly made cannon fodder to everyone.

Time off maybe to get himself together?

Would love it if she brings back Kharma to ruin Vicki. Anyone know whats going on with Kharma by the way?

Kharma's long gone, mate.

No word yet on if she intends to continue wrestling. I guess the SHIMMER tapings next month will answer that question.

In other news, apparently Kaitlyn was never meant to have won the battle royal a few weeks ago. Eve was meant to have hung on to the ropes and eventually win but, well, she didn't.

Also have to say that I am loving Kane and Daniel Bryan and have to echo that sentiments that I hope they end up as an odd-couple tag team.

Would love it if she brings back Kharma to ruin Vicki. Anyone know whats going on with Kharma by the way?

Kharma's long gone, mate.

No word yet on if she intends to continue wrestling. I guess the SHIMMER tapings next month will answer that question.

In other news, apparently Kaitlyn was never meant to have won the battle royal a few weeks ago. Eve was meant to have hung on to the ropes and eventually win but, well, she didn't.

Also have to say that I am loving Kane and Daniel Bryan and have to echo that sentiments that I hope they end up as an odd-couple tag team.

If you watch Kaitlyn's reaction to the referee and the ref just kind of shrugs his shoulders, it would appear that she wasn't meant to win.

• Paid Members

Very bog standard Raw. Kane and Bryan stuff was well done but a little dragged out at the end, I was pissing myself at the double "SHUT UP HAROLD". I just want to see them in a tag team now and hopefully hold the belts for a month or two.

Although his initial turn was shit, I'm starting to like Punk as a heel again although not having him wrestle in front of his home crowd is a very bold decision. Punk and Heyman working together should be amazing. Two of my favourite characters in WWE this "era", I just hope it lives up to my expectations.

I'm glad Jack Swagger appears to be taking some time off, hopefully he comes back bearable.

I read that Swagger's jobbing was down to WWE officials punishing him for his constant cannabis fines. With the wellness policy indicating that smoking weed only comes with like a $1000 fine apparently he had got caught a few times and went down the Brian Kendrick route of being pushed and suddenly made cannon fodder to everyone.

Time off maybe to get himself together?

WWE just posted this....

309162_10151066599411443_970717244_n.jpg

• Paid Members

I love NEWM, but everyone going on with this...I watched Raw in 7 mins, only watched what wasn't boring, etc, almost as though it's some bizarre brag I find a bit ridiculous. I'm in full agreement that 3 hours is too long (although there's been a few pros) but you can't really get a feel for what's actually good/boring and what you're really missing if you skipping/fast forwarding to such a degree. No chance. It's just based on what your opinion of something/or someone already and not giving it a chance to prove you otherwise.

Anyway, Kane and Bryan is fantastic. I was gagging for them to become an odd couple unit after last week but even more so after this week and it's good and also unsurprising to see that almost everyone feels the same. I'm a bit concerned what it may do for Bryan long term as it would undoubtedly, eventually make him full on face, when his current shiz is so damn good and fun. But then, I'm sure he'd make good of whatever the situation is. Kane really is at his very best in these type of scenarios. I quite like that after everything his character has done that at that this stage in his career he's become somewhat of a comedy character but not to the extent that it's detrimental, he loses credibility and he becomes a complete joke like Khali. It works incredibly well and Kane plays it great. Glen Jacobs gets it.

Miz was wank on commentary. Please, please, please get Road Dogg on the headset!

Sheamus is a good.

Punk looks a million bucks. A world away from the greaseball face in baggy shorts. The buzz cut and denims have done him the world of good. Buzz cut is usually a death sentence, but his tats keep him apart.

Really? I think he looks fucking awful. The worst he's ever looked. Agree the shorts and oil hair were shit too though. When he first came out with the new doo I thought and hoped he'd just done a shaved the sides and slicked back jobby alacDave2Tone/PhilloVance as I think that would have looked pretty boss and suited him. But, yeah not feeling the new hair and beard at all. I didn't quite agree with those who made such a point of when Punk was getting a bit of attention last year and outsiders looking on we're like 'that's their champion now?' due to his look. But I do now. For someone who doesn't drink or abuse drugs he sure looks like someone who does. His shitty physique doesn't help matters at all, he could get away with it a lot more with longer hair.

Anyway, I love the symmetry of Cena-Punk this year and last year and it can still go a lot of interesting places. I like the Heyman thing, it's a logical fit for sure and there's even good comparisons between Punks attitude to WWE and behaviour last year to Brocks this year. Heyman had been tremendous in his appearances this year so this has a lot of potential. I too instantly thought of Triple H and Cena vs Brock and Punk somewhere, likely Survivor Series. Wasn't Triple H and Brock dubbed for a Cell match at the Cell PPV? I had other thoughts that I would be into Heyman building a stable, a Dangerous Alliance of today and recruiting Ziggler too. Dolph ditching Vickie for Heyman would be a massive improvement for him. He'd prob need some others too, maybe Cesaro actually. Heyman siezes control of Raw and gets appointed GM, has the mega star special attraction Lesnar to turn up whenever he wants, the US champion and takes Dolph to the cashing in of the World title. Then there's a Survivor Series super match with Heymans lads against Cena, Trips, Undertaker and maybe some others, like Sheamus. I think I could get into that.

Wheres Big Show?

Heath Slater still has gorgeous tits.

Archived