RAW Thread, 3rd September 2012

The Natural

RAW's highlight two weeks running was Daniel Bryan and Kane particularly the Hug it Out segment.

Dolph Ziggler/Randy Orton was a very good match, always work well together.

Liked the ending to RAW with CM Punk and Paul Heyman going back to Punk's pipe bomb promo: "I'm a Paul Heyman guy".

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheamus is a good.

Punk looks a million bucks. A world away from the greaseball face in baggy shorts. The buzz cut and denims have done him the world of good. Buzz cut is usually a death sentence, but his tats keep him apart.

But, yeah, if you want character progression or story development you can pretty much just skip to a Punk/Cena match these days. Meh. I'm sticking to my promise to hang myself if Lawler costs Punk the title and NoC ends with Lawler/Cena in arms.

Does anyone think Lesnar/Punk is a possibility, now?

What about Rock/Cena vs. Lesnar/Punk before that, too?

the Miz's serious commentary face reminds me of Mike Tenays serious commentary face.

Poor Cody hasnt had a win in ages has he? While Dolph Ziggler might just turn it around...When did Sheamus become such an unbearable twat? Was it gradually or did his character just snap one day becoming another goody two shoes tosser.

Better show than per usual, though the 2nd hour was woeful until DB came along. Rybacks already beat Jinder Mahal on Raw so whats the point. Nice to see Punk dress up for his hometown (ie - ditching the silly shorts)

While the Miz wasnt bad per se, whoever had the idea of putting him and Michael Cole together with no Josh Matthews or anyone needs to be taken out back and disposed of.

Really enjoyed the main event and all that happened after, though i really think the afters should have happened in the ring or on the stage or something...

45 minutes for me today, can anyone beat that?

Anyway, another good show because I was watching the things I wanted to see and spinning on for the rest. Anger Management didn't deliver with the Collage but massively rebounded with the Trust Exercise. The whole hug segment was a victory and though it gets said every week, there's not been a character in a while gaining such an emotional investment as D-Bry is, every week. And best of all, it's solidly one-sided, the smark twats are actually enjoying booing/Yesing him instead of cheering the GREAT TECHNICAL WRESTLER. I was a bit trigger happy when they started scuffling though - was this presented as the end of the affair or just a bit of an angry relapse? I ask, because these two obviously need the tag belts putting on them yesterday.

Heyman and Punk are a natural pairing in the short or long term, and I bet they've both got stiffies to be working with each other so the results should be positive. I must say though, the last two weeks of keeping Punk and Cena apart hasn't really worked for me after their first powerful verbals the other week. I'm hoping next week's Raw keeps it all on the stick between them, the feud is a piece of piss to do good dialogue for.

It was a pile of wank watching it live. Orton and Ziggler seemed to have about 95% the exact same match they had on Smackdown, just with a different finish. They'll probably have it again on Smackdown now. Fair play to Ziggler for beating another star on Raw, but he's been hanging around the main event too long now just having repeated matches with no storylines or character development (and best pure athlete/hardest working/best bumper type shite is just commentary filler, it's not character development).

I really hope Sheamus or Del Rio touches the other one up during a match and it causes a big argument and they are banned from working with each other ever again. It might be the worst world title feud ever. It's been going on since the day after WrestleMania, hasn't it? Even the terrible Orton vs Christian feud never lasted this long. Ricardo gets battered so often there's no novelty in it.

Cena vs Del Rio was alright, but it's not been that long since their gimmick match feud either. Interested to see what might come of Punk and Heyman. The Punk/Sheamus stuff was fine as well, but meant nothing. And Swagger was a bit of a poor replacement. Did Swagger just leave the show early or was he quitting? And either way, AJ shouldn't give two fucks about what he does.

Bryan and Kane were the highlight. The hugging match milked it a bit, mind. I'm very much looking forward to their tag team. Kane can be pretty great when he's not playing bland utility man or trying to be the scary, serious monster in one of his main event pushes.

I'M NEVER WATCHING RAW AGAIN.

Do you think they could go for a Survivor Series match with Team Heyman of Punk and Brock vs Team WWE/Triple H/Cena? It would be a good way for Punk to interact with Brock and get a rub without a one-on-one match which might be a bit lacklustre compared to marquee matches with Cena and Trips. Lesnar in a team wouldn't require him on every show beforehand as he would have other guys to do the usual tag matches on TV to hype it.

Do you think they could go for a Survivor Series match with Team Heyman of Punk and Brock vs Team WWE/Triple H/Cena? It would be a good way for Punk to interact with Brock and get a rub without a one-on-one match which might be a bit lacklustre compared to marquee matches with Cena and Trips. Lesnar in a team wouldn't require him on every show beforehand as he would have other guys to do the usual tag matches on TV to hype it.

Yeah I can see this, I reckon Paul Heyman may become or atleast be in line for a run as GM or something along them lines as a stip of this match with Vince accompanying the team of Triple H and Cena. I thought it was a bit of a shame that Punk didn't have a match this week but all his segments were a hell of a lot more entertaining than what he was doing two months ago so more the power to him.

• Paid Members

It was just painful to watch live with dragged out segments and looked really badly put together. Sick of AJ, sick of Sheamus and sick of Vickie and this episode had way too much of them. Was happy at first to have Miz sit in for Lawler until they'd forgotten the previously storyline of Cole being his number 1 fan. You'd think the opposite. Miz arguing with Layla was weird. The hug it out turned out better than I thought and Orton v Ziggler was pretty good. Punk and Heyman is probably the best thing on Raw right now. 3 hours live is just too much and I'm so glad I have sky plus.

Was happy at first to have Miz sit in for Lawler until they'd forgotten the previously storyline of Cole being his number 1 fan. You'd think the opposite.

That was rather odd. I can see the necessity of it, they didn't just want a two-hour lovefest, but it was jarring. In general, Miz was pretty crap on commentary. But crap in a credible way, like when Roddy Piper and Mr. Perfect would do commentary in the early nineties.

Pity's on the money as usual there. I think Miz would make a good colour guy, and like Perfect and Piper (and Randy Savage actually, who was horrid initially, then a kind of good horrid later), it would do his career no harm on the wrestling side of things either.

Not that it's anything other than temporary mind, but it was a good break from Jerry the worst commentator in the world Lawler.

I quote enjoyed Raw, the end was great, has a lot of questions needing to be answered. The AJ and Vickie thing I thought was quite good and it also looks like Swagger might be getting some TV time rather than squashes and so on, don't want to say push yet though as I haven't a clue how they'll play it. Loved the Bryan and Kane stuff and I think they will at some poiint form a team, Bane?! I thought Miz on commentary was actually okay, quite interesting.

Archived