This match has it all

Jetta's G-string

I came across this match on youtube, and i thought it doesn't get much better than this. From the wrestlers involved, the managers at ringside, the commentators, the ref, the ring announcer etc it may not be the greates match, but as a package its great. I forgot how good 1992 was!!

Flair/HBK vs Bret/Savage

Can anyone think of many more tag matches with all this in one package?

• Paid Members

One of my favourite crazy tag team extravaganzas was the six-man tag just prior to Over The Edge 1999, featuring Rock, Austin & Vince against Undertaker, Triple H and Shane. Three intertwining feuds, the Corporate Ministry story as a backdrop, general chaos, JR having an eppy and the added ingredient of special guest referee Shawn Michaels. Great fun.

Apparently this commentary was added after the match for coliseum video

There are quite a few Coliseum tapes released in 1993 with Jim Ross commentary tracks added. It irrationally annoys me that Ross has been added to matches he couldn't have physically commentated on - title defences of both the WWF title and Intercontinental title by Bret, the Natural Disasters winning the tag titles in July 1992, early episodes of Raw - especially the title matches, listening to him feign not knowing the result. It shouldnt bother me, but it does. I know that all the commentators will basically know the result of practically every match they call, taped or live, but there's a voice in my head screaming "Jimmy, why are you pretending Kamala has a chance of taking the belt from Bret, you know damn well he'd lost it to Bulldog by the time you showed up in the WWF!"

He makes up for it though by pretending to know fuck all about fuck all. During a Model/Matador match on (IIRC) UK Fan Favourites, he proclaims "I remember a couple of shots each had when the other was Intercontinental Champion." An amazing memory, considering Martel never won that title. Unbelievable.

• Paid Members

Austin and Rock vs Hogan, Hall and Nash has to be up there. The three biggest attractions of the modern era and two of the biggest stars of the 90s in the same match. No wonder wrestling took a big down turn in the early 2000s. A shitload of marquee matches were just given away for free on Raw. Imagine if they did Undertaker, Austin and Rock vs the nWo at a SummerSlam or something?

A hidden gem not yet seen on the internet, was Hall, Nash and X-Pac wrestling Triple H and Hogan on a house show which I bet was cool.

• Paid Members

The original video posted is just glorious and bonkers and everything I love about wrestling. The sad thing about this is that within 12 months or so all the focus was suddenly on the next generation.

Archived