Impact discussion. 30/8/12 spoilers and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Aries said "I don't care if its the leader, I don't care if its the biggest or the toughest, I want one of them to fight me". Doesn't sound to me like he minds who he gets his revenge on. They broke his hand. He isn't thinking about who is behind it. He wanted revenge on the six masked man who shattered his hand. Hulk Hogan said "I want to see all their faces now" in the final segment which was also a bit of a give away. And Aries went to pull one of their masks off at the end, which isn't the work of a man who is not arsed about seeing who they are. Try and pretend all you want, but this is a wrestling show. On a wrestling show, you dont have to have it rammed down your throat that babyfaces want to remove the masks of masked men. You think Aries, Hogan and all them are just thinking "nah, fuck it, just let them leave their masks on".

How shit would think angle be if they all walked off into the sunset, still with masks on?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aries said "I don't care if its the leader, I don't care if its the biggest or the toughest, I want one of them to fight me". Doesn't sound to me like he minds who he gets his revenge on. They broke his hand. He isn't thinking about who is behind it

Only moments before that he was demanding to fight exactly that person.

Hulk Hogan said "I want to see all their faces now" in the final segment which was also a bit of a give away

I took that to mean "I want to see Aces and Eights out here now." Earlier in the show Hogan called them "faceless." I don't think you can put much stock in Hogan's garbled words.

And Aries went to pull one of their masks off at the end, which isn't the work of a man who is not arsed about seeing who they are.

He did indeed, and naturally when you are in the ring with a masked wrestler you are going to make an attempt to pull his mask off. I'm not saying that Austin Aries or the TNA roster don't want to unmask Aces and Eights - I'm saying that it's quite obvious that the focus on Impact since almost day one has been on the person behind Aces and Eights, not on unmasking them. Aries, despite your earlier claim, did not say in his opening promo that he wanted to unmask Aces and Eights, he said that he wanted to fight the person behind them.

How shit would think angle be if they all walked off into the sunset, still with masks on?

That's not going to happen though, is it? The angle would be just as shit if you were to unmask Aces and Eights next week to find that it was Wes Briscoe or Garett Bischoff or some other shit jobber who had been beating up Hogan and Sting and the TNA World Champion. It would have a fuckload more meaning if you were to establish that Jarrett/Bischoff/Storm/whoever is behind Aces and Eights, learn their motive for bringing them to TNA and give them a bit of credibility before unmasking them.

• Paid Members
I don't think you can put much stock in Hogan's garbled words.

Why? It makes far more sense that what you are saying. Hogan's actually saying stuff where as you are saying "I took that to mean *this*..."

He did indeed, and naturally when you are in the ring with a masked wrestler you are going to make an attempt to pull his mask off.

Its pretend! There isn't anything natural about it. He's been told by the writers to tease taking the guys mask off to gain a reaction from the fans. Fact is, if this storyline was written for the purpose that the babyfaces dont care who's giving them a good kicking everyweek (which is a ridiculous thing to think), Aries wouldn't have been book to tease taking the guys mask off.

That's not going to happen though, is it? The angle would be just as shit if you were to unmask Aces and Eights next week to find that it was Wes Briscoe or Garett Bischoff or some other shit jobber who had been beating up Hogan and Sting and the TNA World Champion. It would have a fuckload more meaning if you were to establish that Jarrett/Bischoff/Storm/whoever is behind Aces and Eights, learn their motive for bringing them to TNA and give them a bit of credibility before unmasking them.

It would be a shitload better than just not unmasking them after they've been attacking people for months on end. Its not the audiences fault that the people under the masks are nobodies. But they are in to deep, now. Those masks have to come off.

Archived