Impact discussion. 30/8/12 spoilers and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Its only D'Lo. Its not Batista under there. Its not like they are going to bottle the ring if its revealed D'Lo is behind it. This angle can't go on another month with a bunch of blokes in masks ending the show laying people out. Especially in the build up to the biggest show of the year. It needs to hurry up and progress the angle, because its very samey at the minute. Also, they need to actually start working. They cant go into Bound For Glory without us knowing who they are.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see a reveal of some of the active wrestlers, the likes of Gallows and the recognisable guys etc before BFG but I think the 'Higher force' so to speak may be best left for the big event. Either way, I'm looking forward to see how it plays out.

I would love a dlo comeback he proved in his first tna run he can have high profile uppermidcard matches and do well. Would make sense as there is gonnA need to be a tna traitor to make there entry into the building possible as has been previously noted on impact. With jarrett possibly leader it would make sense his pal s vice president I suppose.

• Paid Members

I don't get why D'Lo's even retired. He was still working in Japan in top shape and kicking arse a few years ago. He's only 41. If he got himself back in shape, he could have some cracking matches in the television title ranks. Now Devons fucked off, he'd be a perfect midcard veteran to work with the young guys.

The most annoying thing about the Aces & 8s is that it's blatantly obvious one of them is Wes Brisco. It's not even as if they've tried to hide it. He was chilling with Kurt Angle a few weeks ago, surely one of the TNA lot recognise him.

Apart from that, I've got no complaints. It was a quality episode. Aries, Storm, AJ and Joe are all brilliant right now, I'm happy with any combination involving those four coming up to Bound For Glory. Sting and Hogan need to team up for the rest of their respective TNA tenures, they looked fantastic coming out together at the beginning, and were brilliant in that segment with Daniels & Kazarian.

The D'Lo situation is a funny one. Has he always been playing the main guy? This is the first I've noticed him really. I can't see anybody taking him seriously as a leader (or acting leader, at least) of a top heel faction, everyone will just cheer him.

• Paid Members

The most annoying thing about the Aces & 8s is that it's blatantly obvious one of them is Wes Brisco. It's not even as if they've tried to hide it. He was chilling with Kurt Angle a few weeks ago, surely one of the TNA lot recognise him.Apart from that, I've got no complaints. It was a quality episode. Aries, Storm, AJ and Joe are all brilliant right now, I'm happy with any combination involving those four coming up to Bound For Glory. Sting and Hogan need to team up for the rest of their respective TNA tenures, they looked fantastic coming out together at the beginning, and were brilliant in that segment with Daniels & Kazarian.The D'Lo situation is a funny one. Has he always been playing the main guy? This is the first I've noticed him really. I can't see anybody taking him seriously as a leader (or acting leader, at least) of a top heel faction, everyone will just cheer him.

They don't have to take D'Lo that seriously, he's not playing Goldberg, he's a pawn hiding behind several other pawns. He's there to eventually get his arse kicked by Team Stogan, not win the World title.

Nobody on TV is asking that question

Apart from they clearly were this week.

Can't say I remember that, but fair enough.

We had Austin Aries wanting to fight the person behind Aces & Eights in the opening segment and Joseph Park offering to investigate whoever is behind the group. Since about week two of this angle the focus has been almost entirely on the man behind Aces & Eights. I think it's fair to say that's been a greater concern on Impact recently than unmasking the bikers.

• Paid Members

Aries said it in his opening promo, it was the main reason Hogan and Sting ventured out on stage and Aries did the international sign for "I'm pulling his mask off" before getting twatted with the cosh. Also its human nature to want to know who broke your hand and who's been giving you a good hiding every week for months. The TNA roster seem to actually care less about who's behind the group and more about giving the blokes who keep running in a good kicking. Also, they've all been promoted from "prospects" to actual members of whatever gang they are in. So they are in it just as deep as the bloke behind it now.

Even if we forgot all about that, this is a wrestling show. The audience has a right to be clued in on whos behind the masks, even if TNA aren't hinting at a reveal (which they are). What would the whole point of this angle be, if their masks never came off?

Aries said it in his opening promo, it was the main reason Hogan and Sting ventured out on stage and Aries did the international sign for "I'm pulling his mask off" before getting twatted with the cosh. Also its human nature to want to know who broke your hand and who's been giving you a good hiding every week for months. The TNA roster seem to actually care less about who's behind the group and more about giving the blokes who keep running in a good kicking. Also, they've all been promoted from "prospects" to actual members of whatever gang they are in. So they are in it just as deep as the bloke behind it now.

Even if we forgot all about that, this is a wrestling show. The audience has a right to be clued in on whos behind the masks, even if TNA aren't hinting at a reveal (which they are). What would the whole point of this angle be, if their masks never came off?

Aries never said anything about unmasking Aces and Eights in his opening promo. What he did do, however, was demand that "whoever is behind this steps in this ring and fights me." Once Hogan and Sting come out his rhetoric changes slightly to wanting to fight any one person from Aces and Eights, but there is still no mention of unmasking Aces and Eights; no need to find out who is behind the mask. The focus for almost the entirety of this angle has been on whoever is behind Aces and Eights, not who Aces and Eights actually are.

Now, I'm not saying that their masks should never come off. Of course they should. But how is it going to advance the angle if next week they pull their masks off and it is revealed that Wes Briscoe or Indy Jobber #3 were kicking the shit out of Hulk Hogan and Sting? The only advancement I see from that is a bunch of viewers switching over to NFL.

The big story is the man behind Aces and Eights. Once he has been revealed, I'm sure TNA will start making a big deal out of the guys behind the masks.

Archived