Impact discussion. 30/8/12 spoilers and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The show was really good this week. Had a few good matches on it. The Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles and Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy matches were awesome. RVD vs James Storm was better than you'd think as well. The Aces and Eights stuff was kept to a minimum and therefor had more impact than last week. We got a belting skit with Hogan and Sting and the Tag Champs, where Daniels called the Joker faced Sting "Heath" and Hogan and Sting argued about each other stealing the others lines. Joseph Park returned in a mind bending backstage skit with Hogan and Sting as well, where Joseph told Hogan he had all his action figures!

The ending was a fine little angle as well. The TNA lads (lead by Hogan who looked far more mobile this week) and the Aces and Eights had a stand off where they sent in each others "best guy". So Aries fought some big bloke for a few seconds before they big brawl kicked off. A bloke with a flapjack knocked Aries out at the end. He didn't look familiar. I thought it was Garrett Bischoff at first, but it wasn't. Here he is:

AcesGuyUncovered.png

Oh, we also got the top five in the BFG series sorted, with next week decided who will be the fourth man in. Currently, Storm, Joe and Hardy are through (baring some div getting a 10 point DQ deduction) and its out of RVD and Bully Ray. Hopefully Bully sorts him out. I liked it, though. Much better than last week. Really worth checking out.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, we also got the top five in the BFG series sorted, with next week decided who will be the fourth man in. Currently, Storm, Joe and Hardy are through (baring some div getting a 10 point DQ deduction) and its out of RVD and Bully Ray. Hopefully Bully sorts him out. I liked it, though. Much better than last week. Really worth checking out.

I can easily see a DQ coming next week.

As I understand it, this is the current point situation after today's Impact:

Storm 73

Samoa 68

RVD 55

Bully 55

Styles 50

Hardy 49

Angle 48

(I got these by adding the show's results to the pre show points standings found here: http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3...t-No-Surrender)

The two matches left are:

Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe

Rob Van Dam vs. Bully Ray

Lets presume RVD vs. Bully Ray goes on first and RVD wins..... points will look like this:

Storm 73

Samoa 68

RVD 62

Bully 55

Styles 50

Hardy 49

You effectively set up the final match (Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe) where by if Hardy wins, he squeaks into the final four at the expense of Bully Ray. Therefore I predict Bully Ray on purposely DQ'ing Hardy to basically fuck Hardy's chances and guarantee his own spot in the final four. Or cost him the victory as that too will ensure Bully's survival.

This will give us a final four of:

James Storm, Samoa Joe, RVD, Bully Ray. Personally I hope that they do this year's final four in the style of a round robin.

Edit: Theoretically, another situation is for Bully to get Dq'ed in his match. If that happens AJ Styles also get into the final four. I do like the BFG Series.... and I love how the last two matches really will matter.

Quality show .

How amazing was the opening video of the Aces and Eights. Absolutely loved it.

James Storm vs RVD was really really good, Storm is gonna win it for sure....I think.

Aries promo was really good, glad that it doesnt look like he's gonna relinquish the title

I love EY, hes great. Glad to have him back, and I'll be watching his TV show if it ever airs over here! I think ODB is okay too. The Knockouts seem to be getting on just fine these days, though Tiffany is a bit weird looking.

Forgot about the Gut Check guy, he was shite last week. I dont think he'll be back...

I quite like that "World Tag Team Champions...of the World" has become a running joke. Daniels and Kaz are actually class.

Styles vs Joe was good stuff as well. Really loved all the stories in BFG Series matches.

Joey Ryan!!

Jeff Hardy vs Kurt Angle was great, must say the hype videos they had for each BFG Series matches were phenomenal.

Quality end to the show with the big brawl. Next week cant come soon enough.

No Devon, is he done then?

Angle's a special attraction kind of wrestler nowadays anyway, for PPVs at least - he's perfect for putting into a juicy non-title match. I really want Joe to win the Series, but I've got a sinking feeling it's Hardy. Really not a fan, he's the worst promo and his matches are utterly identical.

• Paid Members

Angle and Styles will no doubt be doing the bumping in that big Aces & 8s v TNA uber tag match, at BFG, until Hogan comes in and makes us all feel like we're kids again.

I agree that this show was a massive step up from last week. They didn't cram as much rubbish in, and the stuff that mattered was well done.

Hardy v Angle was a tremendous 'kick out of my finisher' match. Poor JB will need to mop up the mess the Hardy rats made.

Hogan and Sting coming out with baseball bats, side-by-side, was a cracking visual. Loving them playing Murtaugh and Riggs.

The final angle was much better than last weeks. The big best v best face-off was brilliant, in that both cancelled each other out. Hogan needs to whip out his shocked/confused/scared face more often, it made the final few seconds mean more. One of the blokes in Aces & 8s is surely D'lo, his pointy head is still one of the most recognisable things in wrestling.

Oh, and that Aces & 8s clip of them riding on their motorbikes to some cool tune is great. Makes them feel like an even bigger deal.

Bischoff is on a roll, at the minute. Just don't expect the usual folk to tell you that though. He's the devil, mind.

One of the blokes in Aces & 8s is surely D'lo, his pointy head is still one of the most recognisable things in wrestling.

YES! Thats exactly what i thought when i saw that pointy head! We haven't seen Roode or Anderson this week, also haven't seen Morgan in a while, I reckon Morgan is with them, i was expecting to see a big boot to aries to give it away but it didn't happen.

Also, does it annoy anyone else that most TNA refs always count to 3 on near falls. Bugs me anyways.

But altogether, great episode of Impact this week. Also cracked up at Sting scaring Daniels and making him spill his Appletini.

• Moderators
You just saw Hogan choking the grizzled young vet with his baseball bat and BLG trying to put his mask back on. It was good to see Hogan getting stuck in.

That NEEDS to be his entrance theme when he unmasks. With the Adam Pearce verse as well.

Impact was brilliant this week. I have only been catching the odd bits of TNA over the past month or so but now that the BFG series is building to a finish and the Aces and Eights are being presented much more effectively I have been dragged back in to waiting for next weeks episode with tenterhooks.

Aries' opening promo was fantastic and it is good to the champ out their opening the show in the middle of the ring away from his feud with Bobby Roode. Austin Aries is TNA's MVP right now for sure and I'd happily pay to see him take on any of the main eventers TNA have to offer (Thankyou Challenge for giving it away for free). Aries offering to fight on this show is exactly what was needed to make him look like the man and I was waiting for the show's climax throughout.

Storm vs RVD was fantastic, the crowd were red hot and I liked the superkick that Storm delivered to get the pinfall. To be fair to Van Dam, this was the best outing that he has probably had this year that I can remember seeing anyway but getting pinned before the finals doesn't exactly make him look like our next World Champ by any stretch. Storm has done well to regain a lot of crowd support, I think the guy almost benefits from the crowd often being split 50/50 with a lot of fans preferring his opponens, always makes for a good atmosphere.

The Knockouts were quite watchable this week and it was good to see EY back, he and ODB have delivered some good entertainment this year. I'm not a big fan of Tessmacher so was pleased to see Madison vs ODB opposed to the title defence. Oh, Tiffany's paycheque could be put to much more effective use when you have fairly valuable guys leaving for pitys sake.

AJ vs Joe was a good TV match and I was quite invested as I initially believed Joe would win the series and go on to face Aries at BFG after the blinder the pair of them had at Slammiversary but Aries vs AJ would be excuse the pun; phenomenal. But no real complaints from me, it's great to see Joe as a real contender again when you think that this time last year he was fucking around with Morgan and Crimson taking pinfall losses in dodgy matches left and right.

GutCheck was alright, very bad choice of contestant on TNA's behalf, if a wrestler with that type of backstory with some good in ring talent is waiting in the wings I think they could have a nice role on the roster. I think the fact that the judges didn't really sugarcoat this guy's downside meant that this was some decent reality TV until ofcourse Joey Ryan came out and stole the segment for himself, nice work....I can't wait for the Joey Ryan - Al snow payoff.

Jeff Hardy vs Kurt Angle was really enjoyable. It's always great when these two get together in the ring and I was happy with the result. Angle should have RVD's place in the final 4/5 though.

The final segment was good and the build of anticipation for the gang warfare was brewing nicely during Aries' fight with the big bruiser. A poster here, I cant remember who; compared the TNA roster in this story to The Avengers which I think is a great comparison as Hogan, Sting, Bully Ray and co stood at the top of the ramp is a force to be reckoned with. I hope to see Aries get some sort of payback at No Surrender for the flapjack to the head, mission accomplished.

• Paid Members

D'Lo now has "Vice President" on his vest. And none of the ones who confronted the TNA lot have "prospect" badges now. So the core group you see every week won't be "place holders" and all that shite. Whoever is in the group now looks like it is who it is. I imagine we will see these lads unmasked at the next PPV and the president of this lot will be revealed at Bound For Glory.

Maybe anyway. I hope so. I think this lot needs to take their masks off now.

D'Lo now has "Vice President" on his vest. And none of the ones who confronted the TNA lot have "prospect" badges now. So the core group you see every week won't be "place holders" and all that shite. Whoever is in the group now looks like it is who it is. I imagine we will see these lads unmasked at the next PPV and the president of this lot will be revealed at Bound For Glory.

Maybe anyway. I hope so. I think this lot needs to take their masks off now.

I think the revealing of D'Lo has to happen at Bound for Glory, in the Impact Zone it'd be a bit naff as they see him breaking up brawls and that kind of thing a fair bit. But whenever D'Lo comes out at a TNA arena show the place goes mad, at last year's Bound for Glory he was getting more of a reaction than Jeff Hardy and Jeff Jarrett during their segment on the show. If D'Lo has been taking workout tips from Devon we might have another ressurgence of a veteran wanting another shot at the big time.

Archived