The Ultimate Fighter: Carwin vs. Nelson series

The Natural

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was truly abysmal (as was the actual fight), not a single person could defend that decision. On one hand I'm glad he lost, but that doesn't make up for the fact he easily won.

One thing is for sure though, this season is absolutely dragging - its becoming a chore to watch. Thank God we have The Smashes at the same time as this. Jones/Sonnen can't come soon enough.

• Paid Members

It doesn't affect who did (or didn't) win the fight, but it's hilarious how many people on the Sherdog forums are completely missing the point of how the sudden victory round works. If you go to sudden victory, you don't score the whole fight. "The winner of that round wins the fight."

So if you're a judge and you think guy A won rounds 1 and 2, but the other judges disagree and it goes to sudden victory, then if you decide guy B wins sudden victory you're ruling him as the fight winner. You aren't ruling guy A as winning 29-28.

• Paid Members

one thing i have enjoyed about this season is Roy's coaching style in the corner, love how he breaks things down and explains stuff to his guys, the 3rd round (which was a poor round action wise) was interesting because it slowly showed Roy explanining Michael Hill how to escape the body lock position, it was working too. Cool little insight into cornering though.

Secor's a cunt though, you can just tell that guys a nightmare to be around.

I came into this season thinking I'd be favouring Nelson over Carwin, but that's not been the case. It appears to me as though Roy isn't really all that interested. He isn't even taking the time to match up his guys with fights he thinks they can win!

• Paid Members

his take on the fight picks is definitly weird, i do like the idea of allowing people to pick their own destiny but in terms of the competition i think he should be helping his guys to pick fights they can win.

his take on the fight picks is definitly weird, i do like the idea of allowing people to pick their own destiny but in terms of the competition i think he should be helping his guys to pick fights they can win.

Exactly. Isn't Carwins guys checking tape on their opponents and the like?

• Paid Members

Was this shown on ESPN on Monday night as usual this week? My Sky+ hasn't recorded it for some reason. There doesn't seem to be a repeat on the schedule this week either (it's normally repeated towards the end of the week/over the weekend, IIRC).

Not that I'm too fussed about missing an episode of the series this year, but still...

Just caught up on this, no way Secor didn't win that fight. He could have very easily won it in two, as the first round was almost a goalless draw and he completely dominated round 2.

The most dramatic thing happening in this series is Dana .vs. the judges. Carwyn is not exactly charismatic, and Nelsen is coming off as a complete idiot. The promo for next episode looked like Lane is going to blow up again, here's hoping he gets kicked out.

• Paid Members

Only just got around to seeing episode 7. Fucking hell, abysmal fight. Awful. Even worse that it was a bit of a grudge match yet they both did fuck all after all their talking at the house. Secor should have got the decision though, but in truth I'm not exactly counting the days to see either in there again.

*Secor's such a smug twat. He's got that CM Punk smarmyness vibe to him for me where I know I'd want to take a rusty nail to my eyes and ears if I spent so much as 10 minutes around him.

*Put a fucking shirt on Michael Hill. Jesus. Yeah we can see you work out, good for you. But bloody hell, the fact I know (only too well) what his nipples look like yet I've never seen Brittney Palmer's just proves life is shit sometimes. He's clearly madly in love with himself.

At the house - no shirt.

In the van - no shirt.

In the pre-fight interviews - no shirt.

Put a shirt on you Home & Away extra looking tart.

What made me laugh was after the shittiest fight of the season where neither did fuck all, Secor comes up to Dana and goes "win or lose that's what you get from me, I put it all on the line" or some similar shite. Jesus wept.

And judging from the preview of Dana's speech at the house ("If you wanna fight in the finale, I suggest you start fucking fighting") I'm guessing not many of these guys will be coming back. The finale is full of guys already on the UFC roster so not much room left for the TUFers.

Next episode looks good to be fair.

• Paid Members

You've not missed much at all. The fight with Colton the other week was really good, aside from that not a lot. Mostly Dana moaning about judging interspersed with a bit of Secor being a twat, Mohawk crying and Ricci the accountant nearly having a breakdown because his mattress got put outside.

I'd give this week's episode (episode 8) a look though. Looked really good on the preview. If it's shit blame me.

Archived