The Ultimate Fighter: Carwin vs. Nelson series

The Natural

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/42244...ays-is-asinine/

Dana on Roy Nelson, really lays into his slothness and bad attitude. Whilst no man would ever want to look like Roy Nelson (I know I would not) I will say it is part of his appeal, the mullet and gut is something the everyman can relate to. Yes it puts of sponsors, but there is no denying it is a big part of why he is popular.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/42244...ays-is-asinine/

Dana on Roy Nelson, really lays into his slothness and bad attitude. Whilst no man would ever want to look like Roy Nelson (I know I would not) I will say it is part of his appeal, the mullet and gut is something the everyman can relate to. Yes it puts of sponsors, but there is no denying it is a big part of why he is popular.

Those and the iron chin taking a lot of punishment.

First episode was decent enough, I don't like the rapid succession of fights they throw at you in these pilot episodes and as I like MMA reality TV to concentrate on the fighters so when they fight they have a actually identity something Fight Factory does very well. However, some of the fights were very entertaining. Still I could not name one fighter in a name parade.

This may as well be Dana White vs Roy Nelson TV, Carwin is just a gentle giant as he is very softly spoken and as I am sure Nelson will wind him up, he is not as aggressive and animated as White who rises to the bait of Nelson each time.

It seems Dana would dislike Nelson no matter what he would does, he has never liked him go back and watch TUF 10, Dana found him annoying and overbearing then, he must have been pissed that he won.

Its a double standard because Dana likes cocky bastards like Bisping and Bruce Leroy, but there is a difference cosmetically between those and Nelson. At least from a physical standpoint Bisping and Leroy are in good shape so they have something to be cocky about in the eyes of Dana, Nelson is sadly not. I think Dana just gets annoyed sometimes due to his belief that Nelson has nothing to be cocky about due to his sloth appearance. He always brings that up when he buries him.

Either way this season should be a treat, if Dana carries on he is heading for heart attack though, it seems everyday he is ranting about either Nelson, Jones or Jackson. He needs to calm down, with his workload I cannot see how he has the energy.

• Paid Members

Another season, another horrible first episode. Dana's all well and good telling the guys to be exciting, but in this format of having a hundred fights between faceless nobodies, even the knock outs and submissions can't counteract the tedium. I ended up just fast-forwarding to the finish of every fight. They should just put the fights to get into the house online and skip right the the normal format.

The trailer at the end looked good though. Much better than the live season.

Archived