That devastating moment

rocky64

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
There is a fairly well known shitearse in the UK who allegedly tried to use a stunner during a fight.

I was challenged to a "Real" Masterlock challenge on here by a shitarse who didnt like what I said about him on here.

Finding out that its fake comes with fandom. What I love is people who tell you its fake like you didn't know that it was.

I once got into an argument with two of the hardest kids in my year (I want to say year 8) I was a bit mental at that age and up for fighting anyone. I decided the best way to take them out would be to chokeslam them both at the same time. As I grabbed their throats I looked up, I realised they were both a foot taller than me and I had no chance. A teacher ran in and pulled us apart before it came to any actual lifting and I was saved from humiliation. The story got exaggerated by on lookers to the point that everyone in school actually thought I had pulled it off.

I also once double dropkicked a kids face from his desk during an exam because he wouldnt stop kicking the back of my chair. Fucking prick

Found out when I was 10. Was talking about the Boiler Room Matches with my mate Jason, and I mentioned how crazy Mankind was. He said to me, "You know it's fake, right?" and I said, "Is it? Oh ok," and nothing really changed. Come to think of it, I was just as aloof about the Santa revelation. Weird kid I was.

Whenever someone says to me, "It's stupid, you know it's all fake," now my response is, "So what? So are action movies."

The thing about it becoming unpopular in school is funny. It was all the rage in primary school, I remember Year 6 everyone was talking about HBK and the Elimination Chamber. Then we hit high school and wrestling was a dirty word, people gave me shit for still liking it, yet those same people are more into it now than I am.

• Paid Members
To the people who never knew it was a work; were the punches combined with a stomp on the ground to make a massive “boom” sound not a giveaway? It would be quality if fighting really made noises like that, but even as a kid I realised that the noise of a punch wasn’t supposed to sound like that.

That's how my dad pointed out it wasn't real, I was watching it as a little boy and he said "they don't connect with the punches and they stamp their feet to make noise" Then to further dissect it he said "if you notice there's always a goodie and a baddie and the goodie always wins, so you can tell it's not real because that's not how real life is"

No idea why my dad felt the need to give me such harsh life lessons just to ruin something I was enjoying but I thought (and still think) my dad is a smart cool man -so after that I felt like I was in on a cool insider secret that only my dad knew. It wasn't too long til I realised nearly everyone knows wrestling is fixed

• Paid Members

I think from the moment I started watching when I was 7, I was told by my oldest brother it was fake. Talking about someone like The Barbarian, he'd always say, "If he punched him that many times, he'd be dead."I couldn't really argue with that. But it made no difference to me.

• Paid Members

Yeah same. My cousin used to bang on about it being fake. I wasn't that arsed. I'd already thought when I started watching Boxing, 'how come these blokes are getting cut after a few punches with big gloves on yet Marcus Bagwell can get booted in the face by The Barbarian and not have so much as a scratch?". I just thought Bagwell must be really hard, although not as hard as The Barbarian obviously.It didn't detract from my enjoyment of it. I looked at it like Batman and Spiderman and stuff.

Archived