Bret 'The Hitman' Hart

Widdy85

Was looking at this and just want to leave a comment on its a big jump in price from

The event sounds great to me - I've always thought "An Evening With . . . ." the upper echelon in the business would be great; Hogan, Flair, Hart, Michaels, Taker would be good candidates.

The only thing that stops me committing to this event is the nature of UK events to be cancelled at the last minute.

Does anyone know who the promoter of the event is?

• Paid Members

I'd say Piper is a bigger name than Bret Hart. I can't really judge now, but when I was growing up everyone knew Roddy Piper. Like everyone. Whether he was known by my Dad as "Hulk Hogan's mate in the cartoon" (even though he was never his mate) or by my Mam as "that lad in the kilt", he wasn't some uppercard act. He was a TV star all over the world as well as a huge draw in a few famous eras, whether it was being a stable of MTV when MTV was super hot, or being in a highly rated cartoon or all those movies and TV shows he did (not forgetting how much money he drew in wrestling). Bret Hart maybe more popular to the type of crowd these attract (early 20s who like their wrestling), but overall, I'd say Piper was more recognisable and more famous. Even if he is a complete dribbler these days.

Tickets on sale now, for more info www.brethart.com

Are you involved in this event in some way? If so, you're not really selling it to me.

Yes I am, if anyone has any questions regarding the event feel free to contact me on Paul_Inwood@live.com

Many thanks

• Paid Members
Tickets on sale now, for more info www.brethart.com

Are you involved in this event in some way? If so, you're not really selling it to me.

Yes I am, if anyone has any questions regarding the event feel free to contact me on Paul_Inwood@live.com

Many thanks

A @live.com email address? That screams of professionalism…

If you are involved in the event, you need sacking. I'd be embarrassed if with a one-line post and a @live.com whilst trying to advertise an appearance with one of the biggest stars in professional wrestling.

I'd say Piper is a bigger name than Bret Hart. I can't really judge now, but when I was growing up everyone knew Roddy Piper. Like everyone. Whether he was known by my Dad as "Hulk Hogan's mate in the cartoon" (even though he was never his mate) or by my Mam as "that lad in the kilt", he wasn't some uppercard act. He was a TV star all over the world as well as a huge draw in a few famous eras, whether it was being a stable of MTV when MTV was super hot, or being in a highly rated cartoon or all those movies and TV shows he did (not forgetting how much money he drew in wrestling). Bret Hart maybe more popular to the type of crowd these attract (early 20s who like their wrestling), but overall, I'd say Piper was more recognisable and more famous. Even if he is a complete dribbler these days.

Bigger name in the UK or worldwide?

Archived