"It was 20 years ago, Vinny Mac brought the band to play..."

Fat Boy Mendoza

• Paid Members
I was about 12 when I went.

It was exactly 20 years ago today, surely you know for sure how old you were?

Not really, sometimes it can be a bit of a chore trying to work shit like that out, in my experience.

This is absolutely incredible. Please, can either of you tell me how many years you have to walk this Earth that you can no longer determine how old you were during a given month of a given year? I'm so grateful I've made it to 30 and retained the ability.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, sometimes it can be a bit of a chore trying to work shit like that out, in my experience.

This is absolutely incredible. Please, can either of you tell me how many years you have to walk this Earth that you can no longer determine how old you were during a given month of a given year? I'm so grateful I've made it to 30 and retained the ability.

To be fair once you pass 30 you try to forget.

On topic. This was my one and only WWE show until Smackdown at the O2 last April. As I remember we got stuck in mental traffic and made it to our (most expensive yet strangely shit) seats just in time for Tito to do El Paso del Dos Count

• Paid Members

To be fair once you pass 30 you try to forget.

This man doesn't lie. Seriously, the point comes when if somebody asks your age, you don't instantly know and you have to remember the year you were born and then do the maths.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know of the rumour of a Bob Backlund vs. Brooklyn Brawler dark match at this show? I was told there was a photo in the December 1992 WWF Magazine of this match and the orange Summerslam logo from the entrance can be seen in the background. I searched online and found the photo (but it's from the German WWF Magazine) and while the Summerslam logo isn't clear that's what it appears to be from, but this is the first I've ever heard about this.

351a8uw.jpg

EDIT - well from looking more clearly, I'm pretty sure they've put a photo of a Backlund-Brawler match from another venue on top of a photo of the empty ring at Summerslam based on this other photo, and that clearly the middle rope is missing on part of the Backlund-Brawler photo

http://i47.tinypic.com/351a8uw.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/124g9x3.jpg

• Paid Members
I'm watching the Summerslam spectacular show from 1 week before the ppv. Strange that there is no hype or even mention of the Bret v Davey match??

Don't they talk about it loads during the Bret/Skinner match?

Ah I'm only as far as Rick Martel v Joey Maggs that would explain it.

It's very savage v warrior heavy. And rightly so. Warrior was a much more chilled out promo in this run. He would have been a good evil heel.

Ah I'm only as far as Rick Martel v Joey Maggs that would explain it.

It's very savage v warrior heavy. And rightly so. Warrior was a much more chilled out promo in this run. He would have been a good evil heel.

I watched this last week. The Warrior promo after the beatdown is one of the best I've ever heard from him. He looked like a hard bastard with the facepaint washed off too. Someone on here said I'd get a kick out of the Tito/Flair match and they were right - it's excellent.

I loved every bit of that show, it was stacked! They finally mentioned the IC match but no mention of it on the run downs with mean gene or Sean mooney but then I spose Davey wasn't there to film promos if he was off snorting coke with neidhart.

Someone on here said I'd get a kick out of the Tito/Flair match and they were right - it's excellent.

wave.gif

Agreed. I caught the show on youtube a few weeks ago, a real diamond in the rough.

A-Ha, good shout air_raid. Flair made Tito look like a world-beater throughout that match. Tito is fine and everything, but he's rarely looked that good.

Archived