attending wrestling shows

rocky64

Something ive wanted to do for a while is attend some wrestling shows, but i have no freinds who are into wrestling. I understand clearly in order to make freinds who follow wrestling then its probably best to attend a few shows but has anyone actually gone on there own and have you ever made freinds throug attending events and how easy is it??

when i was at college everyone was into it and attending live shows was always a group thing just now i mix in different circles and really dont wanna go on my jack jones.

my fiancee sean is coming to tna in january but hes been watching that on and off for a few months with me and doesnt really have a grasp on it all and i dont think he ever will. so taking him to a uk show would be a let down to him.

I went to my first British show by myself, made two friends there and we're still buddies now. I've also gone to a number of shows on my own in recent years and enjoyed them too. Bite the bullet and go for it, I say.

EDIT: Come to think of it, in February I went to an NSW show in Birmingham by myself and met Lawz, along with the young lady who offered the cleavage photos for his sig.

Well i have been going to British shows for around 35 years & so much has changed, But at least one thing has remained the same & that is the friendly nature of wrestling fans. Maybe it is the "Us against the World" mentality? But i would be amazed if you did not meet at least a few nice people. I travel all over watching wrestling & can't remember the last show i went to where i did not know see a familiar face.

Go for it! Have fun & don't be shy. Introduce yourself to people you think you may have stuff in common with (Not just wrestling) Go on Facebook before a show to see who is attending, That could break the ice. :thumbsup:

I'm more than likely going to be travelling from south wales to Wolverhampton at end of september for the next Fight Club:Pro event on my own. You know you've got at least one thing in common with everyone else who is there watching the show.

From some of the threads i have read through on here, it seems quite a few people met and know each other from attending live shows so maybe after a going to a couple you start to see some 'regular' faces. Or, like has been mentioned, there are facebook pages for a lot of the shows with a list of people who are attending, you could have a nose through them, or even just write something on the page asking if anyone else is going alone and you could maybe make some 'wrestling buddies' that way. I dont have any recent experience as apart from a couple of wwe house shows about 3 years ago, the last proper show i went to was in 2005 (international showdown) and most of the people there were great, really friendly.

If it makes you feel any better and i know its not quite the same ball park but my brother goes to Vegas every year on his own to watch nascar racing and he has a blast.

• Paid Members

I've been to four wrestling shows by myself and havent bothered talking to/making friends with anyone. Admittedly two of those shows it was because I didn't speak the language to make it worth trying, but honestly I went to the two Noah shows over here last year and felt like paying for front row, and I knew none of my wrestling fans mates would pay front row prices. No big deal. Enjoyed the matches just the same. As touched on, I really didn't feel like reaching out. Mostly because other fans that aren't already mates have a habit of annoying me, and also as having previously been annoyed by randoms talking to me at shows, I didn't want to be that guy.

As long as the travel to shows (and if necessary accomodation) is ok for you, going to a wrestling show by yourself is no different from doing anything else unaccompanied. But yes, you will probably find some friendly types to talk to if desired. Just hope they aren't too friendly.

Where you from Rocky? there will probably be a promotion near you where people from here go and you could arrange a meet. Not sure if would go on my own but certainly seen people on their own at shows, mind you they tend to be the kind that would be on their own regardless where they would be.

I'm used to do things in groups to be honest! It would do my head in been on my own. Love the comments about Sean and think some of you have missed the point. First of all it was a terrifying ordeal coming out as a wrestling fan to him, as I thought he would take the piss, like most people do. At first he thought it was a sexual ting once I explained It wasn't and that I follow it as much as football and never grown out of it he started to take an interest. But I'm pretty sure he only thinks tna and wwe exist. Although he recently came home excited because there's wrestling on at the winter gardens and assumed it was tna I had to explain it wasn't but seeing who's on the card I am tempted. But with it been so cild orientated I am again worried about goin with him. I probably will start goin a few shows with him but I know he'll only be there out of politeness and would be rather bored with the unfamiliar surroundings. We're as with tna am fairly confident it will take his interest because of the recognisability of the stars. It's not been stuck up or looking down on Brit wres it's just the truth.

But then again when I started watching Blackpool I went tagging along with someone else and ended up one of the more well known supporters through my fundraising and that I Did

• Paid Members

I went to a Smackdown taping on my own and that was just out of selfishness because it was a better seat than where I could get 2 seats together. There are so many families at WWE tapings you're probably safer but I wouldn't go to other shows alone.

Archived