WWE Night Of Champions 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I dunno, I think JM has a point. Orton gets a massive pop when he comes out...then a few minutes later he's swearing into the camera and flipping the bird to the crowd because they're cheering Ziggler. Del Rio is a smug, greasy tosser and I think he's getting some genuine heat at the moment. Regardless of where Orton was 1 year, 2 years, 5 years ago, whatever character he was then, at the moment he's just far too meh. He's been around long enough that he should putting people like Ziggler over at PPV's.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One thing i'll add to here since I can't see a Raw thread. The Prime Time Players sucked a massive pair of sweaty bollocks when they snatched the mic on Monday. Titus wasn't that bad, but Darren "We're the takers" Young looked as though he hadn't given any thought whatsoever as to what he was going to say, probably one of the most embarrassing wrestling related things I've seen in a while.

Absolute cockwash.

• Paid Members
I read your username as "naked dudes". I now can't unsee it

I can't be held responsible if you can't stop thinking about naked dudes. I'm sorry but I'm just not liable for this.

We're on a wrestling board aren't we? Naked dudes are par for the course. It was reckless and irresponsible.

As such, whether you like it or not, the subject still remains a matter of opinion.
Nope. You can try and act above it all you like my lad, you're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak!*

*is a brass eye reference. You're probably not a grotesquely ugly freak. You are talking utter tripe though

• Paid Members
One thing i'll add to here since I can't see a Raw thread. The Prime Time Players sucked a massive pair of sweaty bollocks when they snatched the mic on Monday. Titus wasn't that bad, but Darren "We're the takers" Young looked as though he hadn't given any thought whatsoever as to what he was going to say, probably one of the most embarrassing wrestling related things I've seen in a while.

Absolute cockwash.

It felt like Titus had stepped on Young's line or something. Young seemed to realise mid-sentence that he was repeating Titus word for word and then sort of dribbled out the rest of it. It was pretty cringeworthy.

Absolute cockwash.

It felt like Titus had stepped on Young's line or something. Young seemed to realise mid-sentence that he was repeating Titus word for word and then sort of dribbled out the rest of it. It was pretty cringeworthy.

Young's actual finishing line was...

"Ain't nobody gonna take any wang from us".

Too right, you filthy bastard!

• Paid Members

Yeah, exactly. They can have them jump people, sure, but they'll get tons more heat if they do that then carry on acting like goofs.

It's like when Jack Swagger cashed in Money in the Bank then suddenly went all serious-face instead of being a jock dickhead. He never had a chance of being a bona-fide main-eventer in a million years, but they changed him up completely and killed anything that could've made him interesting. I've been sick of that WWE trope of making people super-serious with a newfound aggressive streak for years.

• Paid Members

Because I'm usually slower than everyone else in watching the PPVs, and I always make a bet with myself to see who will be the thread mong this time will be. Well done, Jason Mayhem, on beating my choice Stormy Weathers.

Pretty boring PPV, great last match although, aside from the ending, practically the same match as Money In The Bank 2011. I love those guys, though :love:

• Paid Members
practically the same match as Money In The Bank 2011

I thought that was one of its best points - it was very similar, but felt entirely different because the face-heel dynamic (for the live crowd) was reversed. Punk was acting in much the same way, but his motivations felt totally different.

And yeah, I love them too. They really bring out the absolute best in each other. Perfect foils.

I love Punk, don't get me wrong, but I think we're giving him too much credit in saying that 'they bring out the best in each other'.

Cena has worked with far too many guys who have perhaps not come across as world beaters despite their position as champion and made them look like absolute megastars. Edge is perhaps the most notable, but he's also done wonders with JBL, Umaga and even somebody like Wade Barrett and Sheamus were elevated just by being near him.

Cena is fucking incredible. True story.

• Paid Members

Oh, no doubt, I'll sing Cena's praises to the ends of the earth on that front. But I really rate the chemistry he has with Punk, both on the mic and in the ring. I'm not one to moan about the 4 moves of doom or any silly things like that, but Cena always seems really fresh when he's in there with Punk. I don't even think that's necessarily down to Punk having any kind of special ability to elevate people, I think it's just that the way they put their matches together facilitates both guys looking great. I can't pick out any specifics off the top of my head, but that's part of the buzz I always get when they face each other.

It's like when Jack Swagger cashed in Money in the Bank then suddenly went all serious-face instead of being a jock dickhead. He never had a chance of being a bona-fide main-eventer in a million years, but they changed him up completely and killed anything that could've made him interesting. I've been sick of that WWE trope of making people super-serious with a newfound aggressive streak for years.

That was the exact example I was thinking of. They gain nothing from it. I don't even get who it's meant to appeal to.

For some people, serious is good. I like it when Damien Sandow turns into a complete fucking knees to the face savage, but there's a nice contrast between that and the more exuberant sides of his persona (Cartwheels, Elbow of Disdain etc).

For guys like Sheamus, I find the clown routine nauseating. The guy should be a complete destroyer.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rules to this, you're either shite or you're not, and make no mistake the PTP are most definately shite from what i've seen so far. Going down like a fucking plane crash in 10 seconds takes some doing, but Mr No Days Off phoned that shite in the other night. I can only imagine that he shat the nest because old Titus got a bit over excited as has been mentioned above. If i'm getting a line on Raw i'm bringing it like a mother fucker, he couldn't have fucked it up worse if he got his dick out.

For some people, serious is good. I like it when Damien Sandow turns into a complete fucking knees to the face savage, but there's a nice contrast between that and the more exuberant sides of his persona (Cartwheels, Elbow of Disdain etc).

Yeah i feel that man. For my money Sandow is the best heel in the federation right now. He's got a total old school gimmick and without the savagery it would be stale as shit but the WWE letting him go hard on baby faces makes his character awesome.

i can't see him troubling the title scene with that gimmick though

Archived